|OT| Genshin Impact - Breath of the Elements

Minsc

Aug 7, 2021
Soo... those changes to the adeptus mechanicus are just atrocious.
It removed any notion of strategy in favor of 100% RNG.
Two random towers can't get any buffs in any stage? Tough luck if you really needed a specific type against ennemies here, restart the game!
You didn't get one of the OP buffs early on? Tough luck, restart the game!

And that's strangely a first for Genshin, where the solution to a minigame is "restart, it will be faceroll when the RNG is on your side and your broken ass towers will cover the entire level". But taking the one where you could use strategy, timing and positioning matters to do that...
Nothing they can do will ever be worse than the hide and seek mini game. I hated that so much I almost skipped it entirely. I ended up pretty much just starting it then leaving alone for the game coming back to my points and repeating 40 times or however many tries it took. It didn't matter how hard I tried I could never find anyone and no matter how hard I hid I always got found, man I just sucked at that one so much.

And then sometime at the very very end I discovered how broken climbing trees in that mini game was, still I hated it, would have been 100x better without any trees or things to climb in any maps.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, y'all warned me. :p
I guess this will be useful for Bennett... And maybe Ayaka or any future sword DPS character that doesn't rely on crit rate.

Reactions: MaskedCircle

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
I'm realizing, this is Albedo's weapon. I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to get him again, I like his play style from what I saw from a earlier event.
I'm hoping they do something like that for anniversary, for all the 5-stars that don't make it big.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm realizing, this is Albedo's weapon. I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to get him again, I like his play style from what I saw from a earlier event.
I'm hoping they do something like that for anniversary, for all the 5-stars that don't make it big.
Actually Albedo's best weapon is the Harbinger of Dawn, which is a 3* weapon :grimacing-face:
He scales with Def so the weapon attack doesn't really matter that much and his primary source of damage is his Skill not his Burst so he doesn't need energy recharge either.
I have this weapon too, from the standard banner and I can't think of anyone other than Bennett who can make use of it. It's very... underwhelming.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Now it's the waiting game until a new character wants it as BiS, like Amos Bow for Ganyu.

But is is better than getting a WGS as only 5*, and having never used it yet? It looks cool on Xinyan on the char screen at least.

Involution

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, y'all warned me. :p
I guess this will be useful for Bennett... And maybe Ayaka or any future sword DPS character that doesn't rely on crit rate.
I'm giving mine to Ayaka probably. But yeah that's like the worst possible roll you can get for a 5* lol.

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
TBH I might give it to the Traveler just for the heck of it. Rrrreeeeaaaallly wish they'd do something to make the Traveler viable...
Well, I got Yoimiya up to ascension 5. Not level 80, I am seriously out of everything.

also why is the bow billet the last thing on the sakura tree for FUCKS SAKE

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well, after one level of adeptus mechanicus where the mobs couldn't even get out of the spawn, and another which was a complete chore because I didn't want to restart with pyro and electro locked (the anemo tower has good points at least, but the others are weak at best, or outright useless), I'm done with the event.

They ruined th best event, and put that right after lost riches, the absolutely worst in the game? 2.1 can't come soon enough, but if the new repeatable content is just getting worse and worse like the pyro cube and they destroy what was good before?
I dunno man, does not make me want to come back when I start skipping all the boring shit.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I enjoyed this new version.
Found it easier than the last time, and with the randomisation the runs feel less similiar.
There really is no need to restart if a tower is locked, basically every tower works.
You can win just building Crackshots (they have some hilarious upgrades actually and are ridiculously strong).
You can win just building mines.
You can win with Pyro + Electro.
You can win with Pyro + Cryo.
You can win with Hydro + Cryo.
Etc.
Only constant is to put an Arcanum for buffs and some Charities in key points to slow them.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
IF you get the right elements for the zone. Especially true in the later levels where there can be different types of ennemies coming from different places.
And then you just spam one type of broken tower, ignoring any reaction, they are pretty much pointless now.

It's not a TD, it's just a game of luck. Not that it is hard to get lucky, since you just spam the stick gacha. Complete busywork, and 98% of time spent in a useless menu, so much better than waiting around... which is still here because they didn't fix the issues, just added random shit on it.

It's a complete aberration that threw everything that was supposed to be the basis of the game.
Tells a lot about the direction they're going in.

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
I'm gonna spend the next week or so fixing Yoimiya's talents to level 6, and getting Kazuha's Iron Sting to ascension 5.
After that it's just gonna be grinding preemptively for Aloy and getting my reserves of ore and character EXP back up. Might not even use Aloy for a while down to that...

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021
wow abyss is a joke for me, prolly first rotation took me quite long because I was figuring out stuff was able to clear this time on my first try.
Feels so good :so-good-blob:

easily my 2nd fav design, if it wasn't for baal I would have rolled for sure.
and not to mention I didn't really enjoy her playstyle tbh

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Seems weird to use Yomiya when you have Hu Tao right there!

Then again, Hu Tao kinda trivializes the game so... I dunno. Yomiya is actually kinda tempting. I don't wanna go back to using Diluc.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Seems weird to use Yomiya when you have Hu Tao right there!

Then again, Hu Tao kinda trivializes the game so... I dunno. Yomiya is actually kinda tempting. I don't wanna go back to using Diluc.
I was testing what Yoimiya can do, hu tao was only there to break the seed and give pyro resonance.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
DSPVUN2BKH5M
CB7UU6KT2H59
NTPVU7JTJYPD

The freemogems code from the stream if anyone needs them.
It felt a bit bootleg with the webcams, I dunno.
Content seems good though, and I do love fishing.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
It felt a bit bootleg with the webcams, I dunno.
Content seems good though, and I do love fishing.
Only watched a little bit, but yeah, seemed a bit ad-hoc.
Trailer hype as usual, looking forward to the rest of the story and exploration and stuff.
Anniversary rewards disappointing as expected. and looks like they're sending out Kokomi to die (seriously, if they're unable to balance 2 5* characters per patch, then keep it at 1 new, 1 rerun - there's enough characters people would like a 2nd chance for). :confounded-face:

Involution

Aug 24, 2020

Finally was motivated enough to finish talents on Ayaka. She's now my replacement for Keqing...unless I need elecro procs...or physical damage. Maybe Keqing can't be fully replaced lol. Ayaka's 1h swordplay is different and fun though.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Finally Genshin will be a proper JRPG soon:

(Details regarding the upcoming Fishing system).
Ngl, that looks pretty nice. Not only can you get a good weapon from it, you can also get a pool for the teapot where you can put in special rare fishes :blobeyes:

MaskedCircle

May 28, 2021

Finally was motivated enough to finish talents on Ayaka. She's now my replacement for Keqing...unless I need elecro procs...or physical damage. Maybe Keqing can't be fully replaced lol. Ayaka's 1h swordplay is different and fun though.
aye I did this last week as well, nice.

Reactions: Involution

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018

That was harder than usual. Floor 1 was definitely the hardest. But in general, getting enough dmg on my non Hu Tao team is always the struggle. Like, I have Ganyu, but she doesn't hit very hard for some reason. I'm not using her right or something.

Meanwhile Hu Tao is like....

A fair and balanced character 🙃

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Raiden week is here~

Patch Notes here.

Of note, they nerfed the Pyro Cube and the handguard dudes
2. Removes the Nobushi's skill to jump back.

3. Optimizes the combat experience when dealing with the Nobushi's sword-drawing technique.

4. Reduces the weight of the Nobushi and Kairagi.

5. Increases the time that the Pyro Hypostasis's core is exposed when it launches a Pyro pillar attack.

6. Increases the duration of the Pyro Hypostasis's re-ignition skill, and optimizes the character's lock-on experience of attacking the Fire Seeds during its re-ignition skill. When all the Fire Seeds are extinguished, the Pyro Hypostasis will end its re-ignition skill earlier.
Curious how much the weight reduction is in practice. It was always bullshit that they were completely unaffected by Venti's Burst.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just saw the next banner. I really wasn't planning on pulling from it since I don't need another lightning character (I have a fully built Keqing and Fischl, and am planning to build Beidou at some point) and both new ones are that element.

But I didn't expect Xiangling and Sucrose to be on it as well!
I have a C5 lvl 90 Xiangling and a C4 lvl 80 Sucrose and I use both of them a lot, so I guess I'll be the weirdo pulling on this banner to get Xiangling and Sucrose to C6.

The character I want most right now is actually Mona, but it seems like they stopped doing base character feature banners :(
It's basically impossible to get a specific base character (without spending tons of cash of course) without that, so that sucks.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I just saw the next banner. I really wasn't planning on pulling from it since I don't need another lightning character (I have a fully built Keqing and Fischl, and am planning to build Beidou at some point) and both new ones are that element.

But I didn't expect Xiangling and Sucrose to be on it as well!
I have a C5 lvl 90 Xiangling and a C4 lvl 80 Sucrose and I use both of them a lot, so I guess I'll be the weirdo pulling on this banner to get Xiangling and Sucrose to C6.

The character I want most right now is actually Mona, but it seems like they stopped doing base character feature banners :(
It's basically impossible to get a specific base character (without spending tons of cash of course) without that, so that sucks.
I got Mona by losing pitty on Ayaka, I like her, but if you have Xingqiu he is a better hydro support.

I'm gonna roll on Raiden's banner because her kit looks cool, but I'm actually hoping to lose pitty and get Qiqi so my littlegirl squad be complete, don't care for Sara, I'm expecting to C6 Sucrose(C4) and Xiangling(C5) tho'.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I got Mona by losing pitty on Ayaka, I like her, but if you have Xingqiu he is a better hydro support.
I don't use male characters :p
It's an interesting difficulty boost in a game in which Bennet and Xingqiu exist and are rather easily accessible (I think I have both at C1, and I certainly wasn't aiming for that!).

However, that's a bit besides the point in this particular case -- I primarily want Mona for the Morgana comp, since Ganyu is my main character, and that depends on Mona's unique skill.

Reactions: TioChuck

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I, too, would prefer if one of my 3 Diluc's were a Mona. :confounded-face:
Maybe I'll get her on Raiden's banner... though I'd prefer winning a 50/50. It's been a long time since...

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I lost my guarantee trying to get Sayu, I was not even close 70 pulls and I got Yoimya on 20 pulls, and Sayu at 30, I'm not even mad, Yoimya is amazing.

edit: corrected the number of pulls.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I consider everything below soft pity an overall win.
Hasn't happened to me outside of the standard banner tho...

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I am reaching soft pity on the next character I roll for, no idea who though.
I like Raiden and Sara, but they hardly fit my teams, Sucrose I don't play, Xiangling is C91647...

Seems like they buffed Kokomi's hydro application, maybe I'd roll on her banner if the 4* are good, but I can see Noelle and Barbara coming a mile away.

Anybody want Some Keqings? I'd trade for Diluc and Jean and Qiqi :cryblob:
Stop following me you monster, I'm not Morax!

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I'm still gonna go for both Raiden and Kokomi, even though Kokomi's kit looks pretty meh. :confounded-face:
Though Kokomi might be a skip if I keep losing 50/50s and there's something I want more upcoming.
Though it looks like 2.2 is just gonna be Rerun 2: The Rerunnening ft. Thoma.
Although depending on the rerun I might bite there too (Eula probably, but she's definitely not next in line).

Also I'd happily trade 1 Diluc for 1 Keqing, lol.

Reactions: Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm still thinking about Kokomi. I guess I could use her instead of Mona in a Ganyu freeze team, but she's obviously not nearly as good DPS wise.

But at least I can get her!

I consider everything below soft pity an overall win.
Hasn't happened to me outside of the standard banner tho...
I never got any 5* outside of soft pity on either banner, despite playing since launch (with a ~3 months break before Inazuma).

Anybody want Some Keqings? I'd trade for Diluc and Jean and Qiqi :cryblob:
I'd happily trady my 1 Diluc for a Keqing constellation!

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'd roll for Eula in a heartbeat, but she's not coming till next year clearly. She's the one I need, I have that bloody WSG ready for her!
Ganyu and Hu Tao I probably don't need more of (and don't like to play anyway), Albedo... is kinda nice and I don't have him, maybe if he has Thoma on his banner.

I guess there's Yae coming too. Possibly a good surprise, the catalyst users have been very interesting to play up until now.
Because otherwise, nothing till next year for me...

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Reading up on the Kokomi hydro change I'm getting more inclined to pull for her.

I don't have a single decent hydro application character (since I don't have Mona and can't use Xingqiu), but I have a lot of cryo, pyro and electro characters that I enjoy using and which would all benefit from consistent hydro application to some extent.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Reading up on the Kokomi hydro change I'm getting more inclined to pull for her.

I don't have a single decent hydro application character (since I don't have Mona and can't use Xingqiu), but I have a lot of cryo, pyro and electro characters that I enjoy using and which would all benefit from consistent hydro application to some extent.
Yeah, I'm also partly eyeing her as a Mona substitute for Ganyu. She's probably an upgrade over Barbara.
Though I'm not really playing the Morgana comp anyway, since I don't like Diona, but still.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
I would pay good money for a Mona banner. But I dont think they've ever done a base 5* banner outside of Keqing, and I think that was a special case because they needed a filler character. Other than that, there's never been a Diluc, Mona, Qiqi or Jean banner. I have a C5 or C6 Diluc, but no Mona. That's messed up.

• This!
Reactions: Durante

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I actually don't even know what team I'd make with Raiden, lol.
She doesn't really work as either Ganyu or Diluc support, which are basically my 2 main abyss DPS, so it has to be a new one anyway.
Which is fine, cause I wanna have to rely less on Diluc anyway (I don't mind him in general, but I dislike him more every time I get another one of his constellation instead of the 3 chars I don't have yet).

I guess Raiden/Sara/Beidou/Xingqiu would work? Or perhaps full out mono-electro with Raiden/Sara/Beidou/Lisa.

MaskedCircle

May 28, 2021
So banner's tomorrow, I think the answer should be pretty obvious but who's going to pull for the shogun tomorrow?
And have you all farmed artifacts for her and all?

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
So banner's tomorrow, I think the answer should be pretty obvious but who's going to pull for the shogun tomorrow?
I am ready :dmcblob:
Have a pretty decent set for her as well. Only question is whether to use an ER sand or Atk% sand, I've been getting conflicting information here.
But I have both of those ready, so ¯\(ツ)

This is what I have with the ER sand (Xiangling keeps them save until tomorrow)

+ 77.9 ER from Raiden's ascension bonus and The Catch's substats for a total of 259.4 ER.
There's also like 30% Atk from substats.

With the Atk sand instead that drops the ER down to 218.6% total, and the crit rate/damage changes to 41.6%/165.8% respectively.

I think I'm probably gonna go for the Atk sand version, so CritDMG/Atk%/Atk% mainstats.
The extra Atk% should make up the 16% ElectroDMG loss from the ER difference and the ER still seems plenty :whistle:
But will have to see what the math guys end up saying after she's out for real.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
My plan is to roll for C6 Sucrose, then stop. Or stop after 50-60 pulls, whichever is first.

I will most likely hit hard pity once while doing so, my ideal outcome is "failing" the 50:50 and getting Mona, the worst possible outcome is failing the 50:50 and getting Diluc :p. I'd be happy getting Raiden as well.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
I'm mostly just pulling for Sara. She's a budget electro Bennett, but she'd make a great 4th team member for Hu Tao. I believe her buff stacks with Bennett's. Ideal scenario is just like Durante. I get a 5*, fail my 50/50 and get Mona. Please no more Dilucs.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

50 pulls, got everything I wanted, my Sucrose and Xiangling at C6 now... problem is, I have no resources or mora to build anyone right now, lol.