Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am still enjoying in CP2077 especially when I told myself that this is not open-world Deus Ex game that I wanted it to be. And I must say that sad thing about this game is not state in which it was released, sad thing is how much potential and hope you can see at every corner that was never realized due to various things. You can see at so many places how developers intended to include way more things, especially in level design but they never manged to do it. If what we got was base to build on top of it 3 years ago this game would really be awesome. Unfortunately CDPR promised us cube but in the end we got ball because they cut so many corners to ship it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Do what I do:
Arrange all of one's owned games by year and play the oldest games one owns. If the game is of interest to them, play through it, if not move onto the next til one clicks with them.
How do I do that on Steam? :thinking-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ended my VIIR playing for today (chapter 13), now I feel an urge to go back and download VII on Steam again lol. But not gonna do a replay as of yet, but I can see me doing it in the future.

Man why is it so hard to pick another game to play after finishing one
What I did:

• Made a collection on Steam called "curated backlog" where I put "one and done" games Im very eager to play, but have not installed, do not place this collection as a shelf, just have it as a collection.
  • Make a new collection called "games I wanna finish" and put it as your top shelf on in your library, here you place max 10 games that are from the "curated backlog collection", you install the games here
  • Start with the game that takes the most space on your harddrive (filter the shelf in "size") and go from there.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Man why is it so hard to pick another game to play after finishing one
I find this as well. Sort of go into a limbo where nothing really interests me after finishing a good game.

Also i have a current issue where ive started like 4-5 games and so switch between them. Probably wont finish any before something else takes my fancy.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
in the library, you can sort your games by release date (top left, next to SORT BY)

Create a new category (dynamic)
Populate it with all your single player games
Sort by release date
Ended my VIIR playing for today (chapter 13), now I feel an urge to go back and download VII on Steam again lol. But not gonna do a replay as of yet, but I can see me doing it in the future.

What I did:

• Made a collection on Steam called "curated backlog" where I put "one and done" games Im very eager to play, but have not installed, do not place this collection as a shelf, just have it as a collection.
  • Make a new collection called "games I wanna finish" and put it as your top shelf on in your library, here you place max 10 games that are from the "curated backlog collection", you install the games here
  • Start with the game that takes the most space on your harddrive (filter the shelf in "size") and go from there.
I find this as well. Sort of go into a limbo where nothing really interests me after finishing a good game.

Also i have a current issue where ive started like 4-5 games and so switch between them. Probably wont finish any before something else takes my fancy.

Dunno why I missed the filter lmao

Reactions: MegaApple

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Honestly if there was one perfect time for cloud gaming to take off, it is now. I just pray we get full-access VMs and not just Stadia/GFN-like formats.

I'm a bit worried considering who is lined up to buy Shadow at this point. Some of them seem to want to pivot into b2b and education and that's pretty much the death knell of the entire company for me.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I cannot go past the DQB2 tutorial because this game has a bug where it hangs right after the tutorial in an endless autosave, if I force the game to close I have to redo the tutorial and then I'm stuck again, only solution that people found that works 100% is to get someone else save files past the tutorial lol

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
  • Love
Reactions: Li Kao

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
looks like I'll need to try to install this thing on my laptop and pray it works, otherwise i need a save file...

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
:thinking:

Yeah, it has been like that for ages, don't know why the only partner is Nvidia while parsec or some others are not in there, interesting tho ^^

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I mean, if those are game feature icons then there is no need to for Parsec to be there (since I guess the Nvidia logo would indicate GFN availability).
True that.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I've been hearing good things about Suzerain lately and the recent Three Moves Ahead podcast had an episode and they loved it.
Well worth a look if you're after a Choose Your Own Adventure/Visual Novel/Political Intrigue/Drama game with a strong narrative and strategy elements.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Thank you all for showing up and supporting the stream today! It really meant a lot. I was so worried going into it that my last minute setting changes would screw things up but thankfully it was smooth sailing.

And I can only hope that it did get some more eyes on the charities as well. As I said during the stream what those charities are doing is a great and important thing. That money will hopefully do a lot to help Asian communities across the globe. :blobhug:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
PossiblyPudding I made a donation during the stream so you've definitely helped. Good stream too, nice mix of games which kept it interesting even if i did have to go off and do things every now and then so i missed some bit. One question, You were responding to chat that i couldn't see and the lightbulb just went off that you were using discord chat too?

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
PossiblyPudding I made a donation during the stream so you've definitely helped. Good stream too, nice mix of games which kept it interesting even if i did have to go off and do things every now and then so i missed some bit. One question, You were responding to chat that i couldn't see and the lightbulb just went off that you were using discord chat too?
Ah yeah, I noticed that too but forgot to bring it up. :p

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yay! That's awesome! Thanks so much. :cat-heart-blob:

And I was reading and responding to Twitch chat through the Moobot site. But it should have been all the same chat I believe. I'm not sure why it might not have shown up. Now I wonder if I missed some stuff too.

Oh no.. wait, what you're really saying is that none of you are real?! :fearful-face:

• Hug
Reactions: MJunioR and lashman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
It hurts to think that we could have Judgment releasing this week on PC if SEGA hadn't signed a deal with fucking Stadia of all things.

It's even worse when I consider that when a game go EGSclusive it's my option to ignore it, but going exclusive to Google I don't even have an option since the service itself not available in my region.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It hurts to think that we could have Judgment releasing this week on PC if SEGA hadn't signed a deal with fucking Stadia of all things.

It's even worse when I consider that when a game go EGSclusive it's my option to ignore it, but going exclusive to Google I don't even have an option since the service itself not available in my region.
don't make Mor angry (by reminding him about that exclusivity) ... you wouldn't like him when he's angry ;)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Nothing seems to work, I guess I’ll never play this game
What did you try? Do you need a save file? I can get you one.

I didn't have an issue with the tutorial from what I remember.

I will do what I can to help you since it's a really good game and I would like more people to play it.

Overall it's a real good game and it has nice improvements over the first one (the only "good" thing about the first one is pretty much the story)

If SE/KT kept improving upon the game and made it so that the story aspect could have other people (multiplayer) going you and had it sort of like how Velhiem has it, then it could end up being a huge hit outside of Japan?

Because the core gameplay is good and post game there doesn't really seem to be a reason to build stuff.

If only they added more of a simulation management thing to the NPCs that would be nice.

Reactions: Aaron D.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
PossiblyPudding Thanks for the stream. I dropped in when you were playing Say No More and found it amusing enough that it's going on my wishlist. I had to head off to sleep during your Nioh 2 run though.

I finally got around to finishing the main story for Persona 5 Strikers this weekend. I'm looking to do 100% completion so I'll probably start setting up for a NG+ Merciless difficulty run and get around to finishing that when I finish P5R when it comes out on PC. Also found time to grab Trials Of Fire and go through a campaign.

I'm waiting for reviews on NieR Replicant before I pull the trigger. Luckily I didn't have any major issues with NieR Automata when I played but hopefully the PC port Replicant will not be a coin flip performance wise.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

A game that was released in 2o18 got it highest peak number since then yesterday. I believe Mor is better suited to explain this but in short, this is what happens when a game reaches a fair price tag or discount. In this case it was a discount and it was a new historical lowest recorded price.

And it seems there's a sequel coming soon this year which I was not aware of.

---
Tales of Vesperia : Definitive Edition - 81% - €7.59
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition - 72% - €11.19

Reason: Added Fanatical deals
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.