Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Thanks but that didn't help, apparently save files for this game are encrypted and tied to the PC/OS (this only on PC) so if you swap machine or go from a laptop to a desktop or more in general change PC or reinstall the OS the encryption makes it so that files cannot be read anymore.
This basically also renders steam cloud useless between machines, Square Enix and KT went above and beyond the call of duty this time, if even a FRACTION of the effort they put into making this unplayable went into optimization I believe they could make the best PC ports ever created in the history of gaming, alas...

That said now I have a good idea of what I need, a switch save file that's right after the boat sinks (tutorial), so off I go hunting
There was some guy who asked for save file from the Switch version, maybe that's what you want

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Happy to see this. I thought it was generally average due to the pacing being too fast, but the last two episodes were actually pretty good.
Exactly. First two episodes were great, then it was a rush of events, then a finale that felt pretty good.

I gave up on Dota again today again though, not sure how to get over the hump.

Reactions: Arc

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So he's telling me to play it for free and if I like it I should pay full price for it? Otherwise that logic doesn't work unless the game has an extensive demo.

Regardless with Sonys first party pricing I don't think I will pay full price for any game. 102$ (todays valuta course) for Returnal, Demon's Souls, Ratchet etc.? Nah get the fuck outta here.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
might be a bug ... 2 or 3 are still available

guess we'll find out soon
Well, GTA5 just got the Valve notice on the page
Notice: At the request of the publisher, Grand Theft Auto V is no longer available for sale on Steam.
So yeah, the bug is they forgot some games, like Max Payne 3 ROW.

Really strange, not even Ubisoft removed it's back catalog.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Oh, the notice disappeared of the GTA5 page... so maybe someone really did an "oopsie".

Of course, buying the shark cash cards was never disabled :p

Reactions: lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Transport Tycoon meets Factorio-lite in a super-sexy & visually clean package.

EA but already showing lots of TLC put into QoL features (copy/pasting vehicle routes, etc.). Runs great too.

Intriguing from the jump. Great wrapper to the games using The Thing-type setting (impressive voice acting upfront).

First game Axis Mundi comes out strong.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Transport Tycoon meets Factorio-lite in a super-sexy & visually clean package.

EA but already showing lots of TLC put into QoL features (copy/pasting vehicle routes, etc.). Runs great too.
yup, it's really great!

i just wish they had more than one 5-minute tutorial that only shows how to build roads :p

Reactions: Aaron D.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Exactly. First two episodes were great, then it was a rush of events, then a finale that felt pretty good.

Oh I haven't played Dota in nearly 4 years when all my buddies graduated university. Solo pubbing is just not fun at all. I was borderline addicted to it back in the day though.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I played Beat Saber for the first time yesterday and now feel an immense urge to buy a VR Headset...
I am looking to get Quest 2 but so far no luck. Only second hand ones are available here and only 64GB for the price of new 256GB model. Why can't i just go and buy thing in the store in this God forgotten country?

• Disapproval
Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
In regards to VR, I never see anyone mention this game at all wherever it's PCVR or PCVR, but I really recommend it.

It doesn't have Oculus tagged on the store page, but you can play it with a normal controller (don't remember if Oculus Touch is supported).

2 other great VR games:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I got a NSW save file (which isn't tied to the PC/OS) and shoved it inside the save folder, this is right after the tutorial so exactly where I got stuck, you can change the name later so it's fine

• Love
Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

Dunno if it helps or if you have the time and mental disposition for it but look up Purge's guides, or gameplay, on youtube. Back when I first started I learned a lot from his guides and even though he isn't the greatest player out there he's a good teacher and presenter of mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.