Dec 17, 2018
Games leaving game pass on or before 1st may:

• Endless Legend (PC)
  • For the King (Xbox & PC)
  • Fractured Minds (Xbox)
  • Levelhead (Xbox & PC)
  • Moving Out (Xbox & PC)
  • Thumper (PC)

Thumper, Moving Out and For The King are in my backlog and I won't have time to play them before they leave.

Well despite having game pass ultimate I haven't used game pass in quite a while as I just outright buy the games I want, so not a big deal for me.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Hi, my name is kio and I come to you to admit defeat. I am a hollow shell of my former self and Elex is to blame for it.
At first everything killed me but since I was a lil newbie I thought it was intentional and par for the course. After almost 15h everthing still horribly murders me and I have no idea what to do, what threads to follow and how to get stronger... At this point it's just basic trial and error of going to the quest markers and see how fast I die, it's usually in 2 hits but if I'm lucky it takes 3...

So I humbly come to you, sages of metacouncil, to guide me on what to do and where to go so I can at least get decent armor and weapons (still rocking the starter bow and axe!!!...)

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Hi, my name is kio and I come to you to admit defeat. I am a hollow shell of my former self and Elex is to blame for it.
At first everything killed me but since I was a lil newbie I thought it was intentional and par for the course. After almost 15h everthing still horribly murders me and I have no idea what to do, what threads to follow and how to get stronger... At this point it's just basic trial and error of going to the quest markers and see how fast I die, it's usually in 2 hits but if I'm lucky it takes 3...

So I humbly come to you, sages of metacouncil, to guide me on what to do and where to go so I can at least get decent armor and weapons (still rocking the starter bow and axe!!!...)
Join a faction, get some armor.
For weapons, that's more open, depends on what you do. If you want the faceroll run, play guns. Otherwise, use melee. If you hate life, use magic.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah the aggro is fucked up there, it's an intended feature they added in SotFS and it sucks. There was even a particular bonfire in Lost Bastille where you can get spawn killed because of that[UWSL]:poop:[/UWSL]
That one was silly. Tempted to track down base Dark Souls 2 now just for the lower aggro range XP

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

Tips from one of my previous posts...

It's tough as heck at the start so rely on the companion for a while. I managed to get my drone buddy fixed early on which helped a lot.
You can do Faction Quests for all Factions up to the point they ask you to join so check 'em all out.
Stats for Gear are just Gatekeepers. So save skill points until you have enough for the gear you want to use.
Run past dangerous beasties to get to new areas when exploring
Cheesing beasties with a bow, companion and a height advantage is not Cheesing. It's a legit tactic... for me.
You will get ambushed by beasties and stomped often. Save frequently.
Explore the hell out of the world.
There's some gorgeous scenery and easter eggs and a LOT of the lore of the world's history is in audio logs and leaflets/diaries you find while out and about.
Melee combat is a bit shonky.
Hell, the game is a bit shonky.

It is tough until you get good kit which is gated by skills so keep the points. If your next better weapon needs 30 points and you have 20 points then keep saving the points until you get enough for 30 points. There is no difference between 20 points and 29 points. It's just a gate for better kit.

They are hard as hell at the start and you gradually become powerful, they do not hold your hand, running away or cheesing difficult encounters with Party NPCs is a valid tactic, cheese of all forms is a valid tactic, areas and goals can be surrounded by enemies that will 1-hit kill you and running for your life to get through them to a safe area is a valid tactic, they can be very obtuse with their puzzles and are slightly broken... but by the end of the game you are kicking ass all over the shop

Save often, explore EVERYWHERE, expect to die a lot... until later and you can roflstomp almost everything by the end of the game.
I'll see if i can dig out some guides i found useful as they had maps and tips.

As Line said, Ranged Combat is best/easiest then Melee ( but it can be annoying ) and i didn't use magic at all but i heard it's tricky.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wow, Untitled Burial a Witch House/Dark Ambient youtube channel is playing a no commentary stream of Dark Souls: Scholar of the First Sin with Witch house/Dark Ambient tracks as music. This is unexpected and awesome.

This is Ep 4 of DS2: SotFS! They started streaming games back in Feb, i didn't realise it's been that long since i had a good look at their videos. I usually check their recent stuff and somehow missed every gaming stream until now.

Last edited:

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
oh dam the music composer of the original shadowman did the remaster track, he also had access to the design docs / design of the cut levels content and gave them to nightdive so they could restore the cut content

it was cut in original games due to time constraints

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Playing through yakuza 4 just now, jesus christ the plot is complicated in this one :dizzy-face:

Yakuza likes its complex stories filled with twists, turns and betrayals but man this is definitely the hardest one to follow yet

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Can crypto-everything sod off already? I mean the waste of energy and resources is terrifying enough, could we please wait to build a financial utopia after the pandemic is over?
Check the last post on Jack Black's facebook. I laughed and thought he's just mocking NFTs but it seems to be an actual thing he's selling after all.

Disappointed. Also why does he post everything on facebook and his cool youtube channel seems to be abandoned the last few months.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I usually like all the stupid plot twists that happens in these games but
being the end boss was totally out of nowhere
Yup, not even him knew exactly what he was doing there. I really wished RGG went with every character having their own boss (that made sense, if possible) while Because I Have You played in the background.

Playing through yakuza 4 just now, jesus christ the plot is complicated in this one :dizzy-face:

Yakuza likes its complex stories filled with twists, turns and betrayals but man this is definitely the hardest one to follow yet

Yakuza 4 definitely goes nuts with plot twists. So much I just couldn't help but laugh at a certain point. Fortunately, the other games keep twists more in check.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Check the last post on Jack Black's facebook. I laughed and thought he's just mocking NFTs but it seems to be an actual thing he's selling after all.

Disappointed. Also why does he post everything on facebook and his cool youtube channel seems to be abandoned the last few months.
I'll admit I don't use facebook anymore. It's just so heavy my browser threatens to keel over just by opening it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I just want to chime in and say
Iron Keep is BS
L. Bastille was BS but not as much as Iron Keep
Harvest Valley was BS and possibly as much as Iron Keep
but Iron Keep takes the crown of BS

HOW
ARE
YOU
ALL
AGGRO-ING
ME
FROM
AN
ENTIRE
LAVA
POOL
AWAY
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!?!?!?!?!
Make sure to check out Iron Keep in new game plus. You will love it even more :sneaky:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
100 hours! 5 seems to be way bigger than the other games. Im still at Haruka part and feels like I've played ALOT
Y5 definitely is bigger than the previous games.

Yup, not even him knew exactly what he was doing there. I really wished RGG went with every character having their own boss (that made sense, if possible) while Because I Have You played in the background.
Not gonna lie I laughed when he said that.

Reactions: Le Pertti and QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
QFNS I suppose there is no way of gaining free cards in MTG after the initial unlocks ? I'm not opposed to paying for boosters, as its the origin of the game, but it's true that I would vastly prefer some free stuff too.
No, I'm not stating the obvious, I mean the feeling of progression, of unlocking stuff :tightly-closed-eyes:
Oh there absolutely is a way to gain cards without paying money.
Here's how the economy of the game works:

When first starting out you get several tutorial missions which unlock preset decks of the various colors, and then several multi-color decks. These decks and the cards in them are completely free. You keep them forever (or until the servers shut down, I guess).

After finishing all of those you get into the standard economy of the game. You earn gold by doing quests, weekly wins and daily wins. You will also earn XP toward the mastery pass (like Apex or Fortnite) which at each level will reward you with either nothing, a cosmetic, or a card pack. The mastery pass also has a paid tier which has more rewards on it (more cosmetics, packs of different sets, etc).

Beyond this you can spend gold on packs (1000 gold = 1 pack of 8 cards (5 common, 2 uncommon, 1 rare or mythic rare), drafts (rewards vary based on wins), or other events . Typically it is good advice to do drafts to gain cards of a new set as it is a better value for the gold per card (you keep the drafted cards in most draft formats). The best value for gold entry is Quick Draft which is a draft against bot opponents and then you play the games against other humans. There are also draft formats where you draft with other actual humans, but the upfront costs are higher. I have never had an issue getting into a draft.

However it does take some upfront investment of gold or gems (the money currency) to get into a draft and you really only make back your investment if you get good results. So while "rare drafting" is a thing people do (drafting every rare card they see in order to complete sets), you end up with better rewards if you just draft good cards and make a better decks.

The other currency (gems) can also be used for basically the same purpose as gold but obviously is less overall investment as it is directly $. It is possible to convert gold into gems via some events (like drafts) where you enter with gold and the rewards are in gems. Its good to keep a look out for these as they are the only way to convert from gold to gems directly.

Beyond that, the game really only rewards you for playing every day, finishing your quests and your daily or weekly wins. If you keep up and do all those things (or most of them, it is not necessary to do ALL of the daily wins every day) you can eek out a decent free to play life. However when new sets release expect to get stomped by new cards for a while until you can afford to make the next powerful deck.

Speaking for making decks. This game uses a wild card system for crafting. You earn wild cards of varying rarities and use those to craft cards that you don't have or haven't opened in a pack. This gets a bit annoying when you need to craft a rare card for instance, and you don't have any rare wild cards. You are stuck. Even if you have Mythic wild cards you cannot "trade down" and you cannot trade up from uncommons or commons either. I personally have over 100 Common Wildcards and maybe 80-90 uncommon ones (and this is after going on a crafting spree from the last set. The rare WCs are going to be the hardest to get eventually. Mythics are less useful overall than rares because there are typically land cards at rare and not usually at mythic.

You will almost certainly want to be crafting some rare lands after you figure out what kind of decks you like and what colors you want to be in. It isn't sexy but better mana is almost always the right choice for a stronger deck.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'm happy to chat.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Could be anything. Assuming its Japanese we have so many to choose from:
old Dragon Quest games, old Final Fantasies (these are the two most likely).
Other options that are famous to me at least: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia I or II, and the GOAT option Suikoden. Fuck I would KILL for Suikoden VI or a Suikoden V remake available on more systems. People should play Suikoden V, but also 1 & 2. Great series.

Or like any of 100 other games it could be. Really nothing to go on except hopes and dreams lol.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Could be anything. Assuming its Japanese we have so many to choose from:
old Dragon Quest games, old Final Fantasies (these are the two most likely).
Other options that are famous to me at least: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia I or II, and the GOAT option Suikoden. Fuck I would KILL for Suikoden VI or a Suikoden V remake available on more systems. People should play Suikoden V, but also 1 & 2. Great series.

Or like any of 100 other games it could be. Really nothing to go on except hopes and dreams lol.
I've played Suikoden V so many times. I love the story. It's a slow burn, but once it picks up, it's sooooo good. :drinking-blob: Ain't nothing like it out there in games.

And the Suikoden series has always excelled at creating great and memorable characters. It's amazing how they've managed to effortlessly create so many, while there are studios out there that can't nail down a single protagonist. Even with 5 entries in the series, there is still a ton of potential left. Yuber & Viki are still a mystery. They could do more with the true Runes, etc.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

I followed this guide Elex - Guide and Walkthrough - PC - By Dheu - GameFAQs

The game was really good except combat which I expected more from PB as they should have had time to have improved their traditional clunky combat system over the years with their experience developing games.

The guide really helps a lot and is focused mainly on ranged weapons (bow) which I believe makes your life easier rather than going melee.

---

On a different unrelated note, it seems Killer Bundle (Fanatical) 16 has been leaked.
Looks really good.

Reason: Added Killer 16 bundle content (leaked)
Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So a when and not an if, just a matter of time, I guess, Xseed should talk about their next wave of ports at some moment, it's kind of tiring waiting without knowing a thing.

The Story of Seasons games have been released exclusively on Nintendo systems in recent years, but previous entries have released on PlayStation 2, and Friends of Mineral Town even saw a surprise release on Steam. Is there any consideration to bringing Trio of Towns, Pioneers of Olive Town, and / or future Story of Seasons games to additional platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox, and PC?
“The Nintendo Switch is an incredible console and I’m pleased that we were able to release this game on it. It would be great to have the opportunity for more people to play our game in the future.”

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I followed this guide Elex - Guide and Walkthrough - PC - By Dheu - GameFAQs

The game was really good except combat which I expected more from PB as they should have had time to have improved their traditional clunky combat system over the years with their experience developing games.

The guide really helps a lot and is focused mainly on ranged weapons (bow) which I believe makes your life easier rather than going melee.

---

On a different unrelated note, it seems Killer Bundle (Fanatical) 16 has been leaked.
Looks really good.

Looks good for those that dont own these games

Reactions: Tomasety

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
More historical lows (some might be duplicated from my previous post):

Moonlighter -75% - ~€4.16
Valentino Rossi The Game -86% - ~€2.30
MXGP2 - The Official Motocross Videogame -86% - ~€2.30
Field of Glory II -79% - ~€5.34
Steel Division 2 -72% - ~€9.18
Project CARS 2 -87% - ~€6.67
Project CARS 2 Deluxe Edition -87% - ~€10.01
Destroy All Humans! -60% - ~€10.01
TEKKEN 7 -85% - ~€5.00
Distant Worlds: Universe -90% - ~€5
Void Bastards -60% - ~€10.01
Paw Paw Paw -50% - ~€4.16
Rogue Stormers Deluxe -83% - ~€5
Bounty Battle -60% - ~€6.67
Astra Exodus -60% - €9.99
Namco Museum Archives Vol 2 -77% - ~€3.76
Tormentor❌Punisher -90% - ~€0.65
Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition -66% - ~€8.51
SOULCALIBUR VI -85% - ~€7.50
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition -70% - €11.99
Puzzle Chambers -86% - ~€0.33
Who Must Die -60% - ~€2.34
Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena -88% - ~€0.38
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown -75% - ~€12.51
Batman: Arkham Collection -83% - ~8.34€
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered -78% - ~€9.18
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom -87% - ~€6.67
ZOMBIE DRIVER HD COMPLETE EDITION -90% - €1.25
DEAD ISLAND RETRO REVENGE -75% - €1.24
ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 3 COMPLETE EDITION -60% - €7.90
LOSTWINDS -85% - €1.45
LOSTWINDS 2: WINTER OF THE MELODIAS -85% - €1.45

This will do for today I guess.
As I said previously there are more historical lows as I can see but I can't really keep posting every new historical low I see as I get exhausted since I have to do the process manually.

Reason: Added context
Last edited:

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Would like to so much buy Nier Replicant, but I don' know if it'll be same shitshow as Automata... :confused-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
10 days until Snowrunner exclusivity is up. I really hope it doesn't become a full exclusive meaning I have to buy it on EGS. What gives me hope is that it's Focus Home that is the publisher as it is not self-published by Saber-

Edit: I forgot I own it on EGS via review code lol.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.