Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
One thought I find funny is that Tim Sweeney has moneyhatted so many indie games, probably hoping to have the next PUBG-like viral hit on his platform and he has struck out every single time. I always get a kick out of imagining Tim throwing his hands up in frustration as his money bankrolls one flop after another.
I'm sure they're on Epic's radar for a potential acquisition now though.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
There's something to be said about how heartwarming it is that a non-violent, party games is getting 2 million sales on Steam.
Non-violent? did you SEE the rage on twitter and twitch about people knocking fall guys off of the platform? :face-screaming-in-fear:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
One thought I find funny is that Tim Sweeney has moneyhatted so many indie games, probably hoping to have the next PUBG-like viral hit on his platform and he has struck out every single time. I always get a kick out of imagining Tim throwing his hands up in frustration as his money bankrolls one flop after another.
You have to ask yourself,

• is the reason that EGS games flop because they are shit games?
  • or do they flop because they release on EGS?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
You guys keep quoting me but the way the game makes people violent does not reflect on how endearing and clearly intended for fair and honorable sportsmanship Fall Guys is.
In what way was Tip Toe designed to be endearing and honorable? Clearly the work of satan.

• Toucan
Reactions: Milena and ISee

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
You have to ask yourself,

• is the reason that EGS games flop because they are shit games?
  • or do they flop because they release on EGS?
I think there's an additional factor to consider, actually: the more confident a publisher or developer is in a given game, the less likely they are to sign an (affordable) EGS deal.
IMHO we can see this happening/having an impact on the selection of "exclusive" games we have seen.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
wow, even ORF.at (the website of the Austrian state TV/radio network) has Fall Guys on their frontpage, that hardly ever happens for videogames.

Title translates to "Fortnite competition: Digital Takeshis castle becomes summer hit"

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
That goose game was somewhat popular, although I believe it's popularity was due to consoles, switch iirc, and not egs.
For something that was talked about everywhere, meme'd like crazy, it sort of bombed on EGS. Data from the start of the year, though the game has completely disappeared from the zeitgeist. Though some say the goose is still honking to show Thatcher is dead.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Which results in many "bad" games going egsclusive, which results in worse sales, which results in a worse reputation for EGS, which results in higher asking prices for better games, which results in even more "bad" games going egsclusive.

The mastermind :timinator: is outplaying himself. And all that Valve had to do was sit back and do nothing.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
For something that was talked about everywhere, meme'd like crazy, it sort of bombed on EGS. Data from the start of the year, though the game has completely disappeared from the zeitgeist. Though some say the goose is still honking to show Thatcher is dead.

Does EGS release active player counts for their games? I've love to see what percentage of the current playerbase for something like Borderlands 3 is currently still on EGS

Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Vampyr is a slow burn XD
It's mix of light adventure and action combat is interesting, but I don't think it conveys its mechanics well. I don't mind the concept of going to sleep to get more abilities and such but when is a safe time to actually sleep? Sleep causes the health level in the game to change and seems to progress time, so when should I sleep so I don't affect these things?

I should watchi this movie someday.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Based on reviews and general popularity (twitch, concurrent numbers, etc.) I guessed ~1m for Fall Guys, and I was thinking high. The fact that it was doing twice that is mind blowing.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Not sure if this was posted but The Outer Worlds steam assets finally got updated, It'll probably release Oct 25th because Ancestors is releasing exactly a year after the EGS launch but its nice to see activity here.

I'm genuinely curious to see how well this does. It doesnt sound like it did too hot on EGS and its #4 on the top wishlisted (upcoming) chart on Steam so it seems like it has a lot of interest still. Hopefully it has a 50% off discount like BL3 did.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Not sure if this was posted but The Outer Worlds steam assets finally got updated, It'll probably release Oct 25th because Ancestors is releasing exactly a year after the EGS launch but its nice to see activity here.

I'm genuinely curious to see how well this does. It doesnt sound like it did too hot on EGS and its #4 on the top wishlisted (upcoming) chart on Steam so it seems like it has a lot of interest still. Hopefully it has a 50% off discount like BL3 did.
This is actually the only EGS exclusive that I may consider buying when it hits Steam. But I'm still not sure it's a "must play". I've read so many mixed reactions about this game...

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I was pretty excited for Outer Worlds, but bounced hard off it after around 12 hours. It's a smaller scale one-of-those-things-you've-played-already, just didn't grab me that much (retro-futuristic space is my least favorite kind of sci fi).

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I played The Outer Worlds on Game Pass and I'm glad I didn't put any cash down for it.
Same here, I used a free month of gamepads to play it and was very happy that I didn't spend anything on it. I usually love Obsidian but the game just didn't work for me, I felt like the story was okay at best and the gameplay was pretty boring.

Reactions: C-Dub and Ge0force

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think there's an additional factor to consider, actually: the more confident a publisher or developer is in a given game, the less likely they are to sign an (affordable) EGS deal.
IMHO we can see this happening/having an impact on the selection of "exclusive" games we have seen.
DIN DIN DIN! we have a winner here!

I said this in multiple occasions but there's a clear pattern you can follow for each year when it comes to deals and most are "low confidence" from big devs or regular projects from small devs

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Does it count as violence if an innocent controller gets destroyed as a consequence of playing Fall Guys?

Only have 2 DS4's, so impt to know the likelyhood of violence before I start playing this.

• Toucan
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Since a lot of things seems borked in Horizon Zero Dawn @ 60fps, I was trying to play @ 30fps but... I don't think I can do it. I'm not even sure if it's just the lack of frames or bad frame-pacing that's causing it, but it's not pleasant. :dizzy-face:

Granted, it was a long time ago I played anything in 30fps so I may just be too used to 60+.

What's the current go-to method to ensure the smoothest 30fps? Locking it with RivaTuner?

Reactions: Milena and Cacher

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Since a lot of things seems borked in Horizon Zero Dawn @ 60fps, I was trying to play @ 30fps but... I don't think I can do it. I'm not even sure if it's just the lack of frames or bad frame-pacing that's causing it, but it's not pleasant.

Granted, it was a long time ago I played anything in 30fps so I may just be too used to 60+.

What's the current go-to method to ensure the smoothest 30fps? Locking it with RivaTuner?
People have been talking about Special K helping in this instance. I don't know much more.

Reactions: xxr

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Same here, I used a free month of gamepads to play it and was very happy that I didn't spend anything on it. I usually love Obsidian but the game just didn't work for me, I felt like the story was okay at best and the gameplay was pretty boring.
I have to concur with this. Outer Worlds was disappointing and surprisingly shockingly dull.
It very much has the air of "been there, done that and got the tshirt" from the off sadly

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and QFNS

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Aaron D.

10 hours into Logistical Earth 3 and I simultaneously have the feeling that I am blocked in too much (Germany) and having too much to do still (New Zealand)

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.