Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
downloaded GTA 5 as I also plan on playing it, also started up Death Stranding again

but most of my time these past few days have been dedicated to a scavenger hunt on the internet:

it has passed more than 24 hours, and nobody has done it yet

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I tried to play anno mutationem on the deck but was surprised at how hard it taxes it (fans were louder than with yakuza kiwami!) and the text was pretty small so I transitioned it to my desktop. The game is interesting so far, it has a lot of style and the mechanics are more solid than I was expecting.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Now that I'm home and looking at the Tactics Ogre again, the general look of the environment is alright. Maybe a bit too grainy on the surface. Some parts of the characters also look alright, like it's clear it's not just a filter that they applied on the original sprites, I'm pretty sure someone actually worked on these. Probably some after touching after a filter, someone clearly worked on atleast the hair of some of those sprites.
But the worst thing about how this looks is that they all have a really bad looking outline. Would look a lot better without it.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
People are going to overreact to this because of SE's earnings but they were down about the same as everyone was and when you look back at their releases last quarter they didn't really have anything. It mostly means the games from the first few months of the year didn't really have legs and when that lineup includes garbage like stranger of paradise well..duh.

The over arching problem SE has is they seem to have no coherent plan. They plan releases in the most scattershot way and it's so random I sometimes wonder if they leave decisions like pricing and platforms up to the individual dev teams. Harvestella? $60 and pc/switch only. Valkyrie Elysium? PC/PS. Diofield? On everything including xbox.

Even on the remaster/remake side there's no consistency. Actraiser was like $30 iirc. Tactics Ogre is $50 and people are struggling to see the differences outside of including voice acting and it's skipping xbox. Crisis Core remake? Seems to have the most work done by far and is the closest to a full blown actual remake and it's also $50. Oh and it's coming out on every platform including the ones FF7R skipped because of course it is.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
--------
At a later date I'm going to write a bit more about Degica because what I read about their history with Valve sure is something.

From what I read, Degica is now 2 company. Degica is in charge of money transaction via Komoju and Komodo is in charge of Steam/Valve related stuff in addition to their own publishing stuff that they do.

Can any one from Japan confirm that Steam Japan has a telephone that you can call for customer service? From the looks of things that seems to be one of the unique things about Japan since Degica (Komodo) is in charge of that

"Valve is a very smart organization. Unlike other companies, there is an interesting corporate culture that emphasizes finding and solving problems without considering figures such as KPIs (key performance indicators, which indicate the degree of achievement of goals), sales, and gross profit. We also studied. Valve is the only company that doesn’t listen to any sales-like proposals (laughs)."

That is a quote from Jack, from Degica and that's from earlier this year.

It seems that with the PC release of Monster Hunter Rise that Valve wanted to do something special so they contact Komodo about it and their proposal was to have "physical" Steam keys. In Japan Komodo is responsible for the release of physical Steam Gift cards. They partnered with another company and were able to make cards that you could buy at a store that would come with a key for MHR on PC. This way they could advertise PC version of MHR since you would see it mentioned in physical retail stores, they said that would possibly do this again for another game in the future but it would also likely be for another big release in Japan in the future.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! spiel is giving away 9 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Aug 7, 2022 at 8:10 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

fanatical said i had unclaimed keys so here

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

• The Surge
    • won by Lashley
    • (4 entries)
    • Republique
    • won by BadAniki
    • (1 entries)
    • Oriental Empires
    • won by Tomasety
    • (2 entries)
    • Lifeless Planet Premier Edition
    • won by C-Dub
    • (2 entries)
    • Fantasy Versus
    • won by Tomasety
    • (4 entries)
    • Snake Pass
    • won by BadAniki
    • (1 entries)

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Don't you love these updates now that the games are fucking dead
In the case of KOF15, the matchmaking being a mess is the main reason it's "dead" (though it still has more concurrent players than DNF Duel, which just released recently), but if the crossplay update also brings matchmaking fixes, the game has a 2nd change with that together with the expanded player base from the crossplay.

Samurai Shodown though, rollback alone isn't enough.

Still, it's a good thing to have more fighting game studios pushing for rollback and crossplay, even if it ends up not saving some of the current games, it could mean good things for future games.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is Windows 11 actually compatible with Android apps now or is it a we are looking into it situation, like the horrible windows / mouse management ?

• Eyes

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
Is Windows 11 actually compatible with Android apps now or is it a we are looking into it situation, like the horrible windows / mouse management ?
The android feature is US only still asfaik so i have not tried it.., and i dont think they have added play store.
only amazon store. which makes the whole feature useless. gotta grab some scripts on github to sideload.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.