Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
As someone who never played tactics ogre, is there any gameplay/mechanic differences between it and FFT?
Yes. They are different but both SRPGs. The intial systems in Tactics Ogre, which maybe are changed in this version, required you to level classes individually separate from characters. Which caused many things to be really annoying.
The actual story was very different and the PSP version added a bunch of systems that made it easier to replay and see the branching paths of which there are many.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
am i the only one who absolutely hate the ass smudge filter.. give me clean pixel graphics.

Hopefully since it's going to be on steam someone can mod it so it doesn't look so much like its been smeared with Vaseline

It's one of those cases where it looks "alright" the further away you are from viewing it but the closer you are it looks really stupid (to me at least)
I don't mind seeing pixels like in the original I think it looks better, some stuff ends up being too unnaturally smooth

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! jads653 is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Aug 6, 2022 at 3:45 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Got through my 2nd and final playthrough. Will gift the game to the lucky winner through Steam

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
am i the only one who absolutely hate the ass smudge filter.
I can assure you that you're not alone. Not in this forum, at the very least. :flare_smirk:

I understand that some people actually prefer the filtered sprites, which is fine, but developers should always make this an optional feature. I remembered pitchforks were being brought out when Grandia Remastered was released since it has a baked-in bilinear filtering, and rightly so.

Bruh that price
Why is Square so adamant making people not buy their games with their prices?
Let me preface that I'm not about to defend Squeenix's pricing policy, but looking at what they've done with this remaster, I can see that there's a fair bit of effort was put into it. Whether that translates to a port which is not scuffed six ways to Sunday and justifies the cost, the jury remain out on that one.

This new remaster features UI improvements, choice between original/orchestrated soundtrack, and fully-voiced cutscenes for both Japanese and English languages which I think where most of the budget goes, since JP voice talents alone does not come cheap.

Having said that, it's totally understandable not to trust Squeenix to actually deliver a good product, since we certainly have seen their share of scuffed PC ports over the years from franchises big and small.

Of course, at the end of the day “modders will fix it”, but not many people will have the inclination to install mods, let alone spent time troubleshooting their games.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
After looking sone more into it, it seems that Degicia played a huge role in getting Steam to the position that it currently is (remember the whole CC2 games thing and how their president said that 5% of kids said that used Steam compared to the 10% using PS and the 80% using the Switch, with Xbox at 0%)

Sadly that whole "what's an Xbox" meme is real it seems.

So somehow Steam seems to have a larger marketshare in Japan despite PC being considered niche.

It's kind of wild, also it seems that Komodo the company that is responsible for distributing the Steam Deck in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan, is the company of the creator of Degicia, I think he left that company and created Komodo along side Ricky Uy, who is the current CEO and former Valve Employee, he was still working at Valve up until 2020 is seems.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Finished Circle of the Moon in just under 12hrs. Kind of surprised how hard it was. Coming of Rogue Legacy 2 on Deck this was a painful trip back in time that shows you how hard games were not even that long ago lol. Overall design and map was really good. The card combo system was kind of a stupid grindy mess but they are very useful for some of the bosses. The skills and traversal across the map were really fun. The platforming was good. Regular enemy variety was impressive and really hard to get through in some areas. The knockback from getting hit was ridiculous at times.

My only real gripe with the game is some of the bosses just had way too much health. Like 1/3 of the bosses was basically Fire Giant levels of bs. Dracula and the Dragons in particular. Overall a solid 8 out of 10 Castlevania. I love how much value these Castlevania collections come with. I got like 20hrs of fun out of the first Anniversary collection only playing half of the titles and now with the Advance I get 12hrs out of 1 game with 3 more to go. Such a good bang for buck revisiting these old titles and playing some for the first time. Perfect for Deck too. I wish they would do the same for Metal Gear :( and also bring the remaining unreleased Castlevania games over to PC. There is not that many left now pls Konami.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
One more thing it looks like Komodo will be at Bitsummit this weekend and they are going to have a booth where they are going to show off the Steam Deck. There may also be another both or two that might have one but they are going to have a both and are also going to be showing a game that they themselves are publishing/work on inhouse (it's a remaster of a game from almost 10 years ago I think)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Oh, nothing special, I bought them on mercari (Japan), at the right time.
If you search for some niche stuff there’re quite good items. I’m looking for some other two stay night and type moon related products.

Cannot believe this will get Steam release DAY ONE!. This will look pretty nice on Deck.
I hope Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon gets steam release too.
Mercari JP is my mortal enemy. I dedicate a time slot of my morning every day to scanning for out of print, ultra expensive or hard to find art books. And I've had people beat me by literal seconds. ooooo I get so frustrated lol.

I want to finish my Seishoujo reference/Art book collection without having to go bankrupt.

Also, I knew when I imported Shin Chin it would not only be localized, but come to Steam hahah. So here we are, glad to see it is coming though.
Based Coffee Enjoyer, thank your wallet for it's sacrifice.

• Hug
Reactions: Censored

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Mercari JP is my mortal enemy. I dedicate a time slot of my morning every day to scanning for out of print, ultra expensive or hard to find art books. And I've had people beat me by literal seconds. ooooo I get so frustrated lol.

I want to finish my Seishoujo reference/Art book collection without having to go bankrupt.
Same. As I said I have another stay night and type moon items on my radar and few ultra limited idol and lewd products. I get beaten a lot of times, But well once you get what you’re looking for the joy is greater.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
kairosoft going all in :-D
It makes me happy seeing a developer go back to their roots.
Kairosoft is a interesting developer.
They started out in 1996 making pc dōjin games.
Switched to making feature phone games in 2001,
Switched to making android/ios games in 2010
Started releasing ports on Switch in 2018
Started releasing ports on Ps4 in 2019
Now in 2022 they are back on PC working on porting their entire library to Steam :cat-heart-blob:

26 years of being indiedev, having around 19 employees according to wiki

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Just ordered a bunch of new hardware, since my CPU was getting old, not happy about the loss of money and the fact that i have to install a new motherboard, but with that, my PC will be very future proof for the next few years since i already have a 3070 that's currently being somewhat bottlenecked.

Only arrives at august 11th tho #sad
Accidentally ordered a mainboard with the wrong socket because i am a fucking idiot orz

Status
Not open for further replies.