Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Hey thekeats1999 and all miniature players, how does GW calls the whole meta game already, I draw a blank. Some fancy name to describe more than the games but the whole narrative side of battles.
Why yeah, I'm sure Unknown Worlds won't give a fuck, but I had to write my little fanboy take on their project.
mid you mean the Black Library books and the bits that come in the codex then the community tends to refer to it as the Fluff.

• Hug
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
mid you mean the Black Library books and the bits that come in the codex then the community tends to refer to it as the Fluff.
No, but I suppose my question is too vague and I will write around the term I'm looking for in my email. Maybe it's simply 'narrative play' anyways.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
My stance usually is that people can spend their money however they want and I really shouldn't care what others like or not. But recently I am kinda feeling disappointed when I see how people are spending their money in gaming industry because they are impacting entire industry. Most recent example is Saints Row. That game is broken literally yet people are saying "yeah it's buggy but it's fun and bugs can be funny too". And this is not first time that this happened, past couple of years people are eating these minimum viable products at release like candies, especially if they are GaaS titles with excuse "it will get better over time".
And publishers and developers are taking advantage of that more and more.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Not sure I want to go through trying to squeeze the beast that is Destiny 2 on my SSD for the trainwreck of a narrative I will get out of it.

Darktide trailer made me wonder why I still have to play through Vermintide 2. But then, I saw the install size.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
No, but I suppose my question is too vague and I will write around the term I'm looking for in my email. Maybe it's simply 'narrative play' anyways.
ahhh, I get what you mean. Games that are specifically played to tell a story or fit into the established world and fiction.

yeah, that is narrative play or narrative campaigns.

• Eyes

itsamiracle

Dec 31, 2018
Regarding to the PQube stuff, they send this to gamingonlinux.com (presumably to other sites as well)
Update: PQube sent us this statement:

We have honoured all obligations of our publishing agreement and have supported Toge Productions at every stage of product development throughout their delays and difficulties. This support has included offering significant further funding, over and above grant funding, to support development, porting and marketing. Toge Productions have sought for some time to unilaterally enforce unreasonable revised terms to our agreement and it is disappointing that, as a result of not achieving that and despite PQube's significant efforts to accommodate this, they have sought to deal with the matter in this way. We will respond through the appropriate channels.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Oooof.... yeah.... 100% Spider-man was a "bit" annoying.

If you are going to pad the hell out of your game with activities and have a main character known for talking a lot and making jokes..... at least write more material so I don't have to hear the same lines ... so... many.... times.

As for the Denuvo thing.... yeah... let's add a DRM scheme known for eating CPU cycles to a console that already has the weakest CPU and has to work on a battery. What could possible go wrong? :p

It appears that Nintendo really didn't like the videos people playing Switch games on the Deck....

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Seems like Embracer and Epic are betting the farm on making Dead Island 2 a thing. Well, not the farm they lost on Saint's Row. Another one.
Actually, it's Deep Silver. I don't know what their deal is but for some reason, they are one of few "bigger" publishers I'd say (them and Gearbox specifically) that does EGS deals. Good thing they always release crap (might be a bit harsh, but first time I heard of them was Dead Island and that game was and is major garbage, and I can't recall finding any of their games good except for Saints Row IV).

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Actually, it's Deep Silver. I don't know what their deal is but for some reason, they are one of few "bigger" publishers I'd say (them and Gearbox specifically) that does EGS deals. Good thing they always release crap (might be a bit harsh, but first time I heard of them was Dead Island and that game was and is major garbage, and I can't recall finding any of their games good except for Saints Row IV).
The Metro series is published by Deep Silver, and I think those are pretty good games.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Anybody using the new nvidia driver 516.94 (2022.8.9), any issues?
I had to update for Spider-Man I've had no real issue other than iCue no longer detecting my RTX 3080, so I can't sync its RGB with my other components. That was broken a few versions ago, though, before I even got the card. I had to revert to a driver version from a few months ago to even get it working in the first place and I knew that wasn't a sustainable solution lol.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.