Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
While still a passionate minority, you know shit’s getting real when Japanese enthusiasts are hoping for a PC port of a mainline single player FF game.

It gives me hope that one day all games will be free from console garbage.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah I noticed this as well

Right now Valve is in a unique position.

From what I remember there have been some reports that Sony only has like 10% of the console "pie" in Japan while Nintendo has more than 80%.

The issue with Nintendo how ever is that certain games just won't be on it (or will be a cloud version)

Xbox despite it's best efforts still is not that popular in Japan.

Which leaves us with Valve.

Steam has and continues to be popular in Japan (some gaming PC even come with Steam pre-installed on them. Valve does need to change some stuff since the Pre-installed Steam is in English so even setting up your account is in English. )

So you also have a Steam Deck where the cheapest one is now the price of a PS5?

You have games that sometimes also skip PS5 (where is Octopath and where is Monster Hunter Rise?)

You also get cheap sales.

I can go on and give some more details later but yeah, things are not looking good for Sony, there is only so much that Nintendo can do and now you have this other company that Sony and Nintendo don't really view as competition.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I think I'm at the point where all the TLoU remake comparisons have won me over. I still think a port of the original would've been fine but I'm sold on the remake being a better option. Can't wait for the PC release to finally replay it! I only ever played it once back when it first launched on PS3 so it's been a while.

• Eyes
Reactions: xinek and Tomasety

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
It's not being added for me. On browser or on Steam natively.

Edit: I also don't see the bundle on the store page from Warriors of the Nile 2 page. It only shows the game.
Bundle may have been a mistake getting the first game for cheap and they removed it?
I asked about it on the steam forums. Strange that they removed the bundle
Got answer from them in their Discord server. The answer was that they got the loyalty discount to work if owning the first game. So the bundle was removed
The bundle was there in first place since they weren't able to have the loyalty discount when the game was released

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes and Blu

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Got answer from them in their Discord server. The answer was that they got the loyalty discount to work if owning the first game. So the bundle was removed
The bundle was there in first place since they weren't able to have the loyalty discount when the game was released
Shame. Could've gotten more people to buy their game if they just left it up for a week.

Reactions: Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah I noticed this as well

Right now Valve is in a unique position.

From what I remember there have been some reports that Sony only has like 10% of the console "pie" in Japan while Nintendo has more than 80%.

The issue with Nintendo how ever is that certain games just won't be on it (or will be a cloud version)

Xbox despite it's best efforts still is not that popular in Japan.

Which leaves us with Valve.

Steam has and continues to be popular in Japan (some gaming PC even come with Steam pre-installed on them. Valve does need to change some stuff since the Pre-installed Steam is in English so even setting up your account is in English. )

So you also have a Steam Deck where the cheapest one is now the price of a PS5?

You have games that sometimes also skip PS5 (where is Octopath and where is Monster Hunter Rise?)

You also get cheap sales.

I can go on and give some more details later but yeah, things are not looking good for Sony, there is only so much that Nintendo can do and now you have this other company that Sony and Nintendo don't really view as competition.
This post right here is super interesting and yes, we are noticing that Steam is growing in Japan at its own pace, which is amazing.

Final Fantasy 16 will release on Steam six months after the EGS version. :evilblob:
Highly doubt by then. If you ask me, we will see another Forspoken situation with this one (Multistore release)

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
WOW That Wanted: Dead gamescom demo was basically John Wick + Devil's Third + WET and it also seems like it's screaming for combo video makers to make dank combo videos (which is the cornerstone of all millienial youtube video habits imo) of it. Probably will be the next Yakuza style rise to popularity. Looking forwards to Queen multitude of giveaways of this game.

That game is going to be soooo dank it's mind altering. Either it'll be Yakuza style success story or Sleeping Dogs cult classic either way gonna be dank fucking game

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Finished Destiny 2s Beyond Light campaign and just started Witch Queen. This "play the expansions for free until aug 30th" is great.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
They put out a new trailer for Eiyuden Chronicles (the RPG that's not out yet) as part of Gamescom. Shows the sprites over 3D backgrounds look quite a bit more. It's a very unique style. I can't decide if I'm in love with it or not but it sure is striking especially in motion .

Game is still at least a year away tho.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This seems to confirm what I had assumed that they will be selling Steam Deck at physical stores in Japan, just like they did with Valve Index....... So the Steam Deck may actually end up being "cheap" in Japan.

So what has happened is because retailers control the price they can put the Steam Deck in Sale (Valve still hasn't had a sale on the Valve Index, but multiple retail stores in Japan already have)

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
They put out a new trailer for Eiyuden Chronicles (the RPG that's not out yet) as part of Gamescom. Shows the sprites over 3D backgrounds look quite a bit more. It's a very unique style. I can't decide if I'm in love with it or not but it sure is striking especially in motion .

Game is still at least a year away tho.
That was a very common artstyle for handheld games starting with the DS.
And I think it looks quite good, scales pretty well with modern tech too, like Octopath. As long as sprites are large and detailed enough that is, else it looks a bit weird. Seems like Eiyuden does it correctly.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Out now.

Consider joining us in the OT for further discussions.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Out in 1.0
Do the reviews look super weird to everyone or is it just me? This isn't the first game I've checked out where a lot of the reviews are just... weird. They feel like they're AI generated almost. But the accounts posting them are not new at all, and have hundreds or thousands of games, so unless they're paid off or hacked it doesn't make sense. It just throws me off because they read just like paid reviews on Amazon for stuff - 3-4 sentences, using keywords from the game description, saying it's good, and throwing random adjectives on there.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

This looks familiar... mmmh.. looks like its based on this open source blockchain game :unsure:
How to play Nine Chronicles?
1. Please enter your email on http://nine-chronicles.com/.
2. You can get your invitation code. The installer is downloaded automatically.
3. Run the game launcher and after the account creation, activate your account using this invitation code.

So Steam page is just advertisement to download from their homepage? :toucan:

Status
Not open for further replies.