Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
The only people who think Todd is a liar are people who build up their own imaginary games from what is shown and then use that against the actual game they are enjoying. His games usually have 30 minute+ pre-release gameplay showcases of exactly everything you do in the game (unlike most games with scarcely official gameplay footage), and people still call him a liar.

But don't worry friends, I'm excited enough about Starfield to cover everyone here. You're good. :gunblob:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Jonas

Nov 18, 2022
Blasphemous 2(The first one got some needed updates but I hope this one is great from the start) and Radiant Silvergun are day 1 for me,

I wish I was hyped for armored core but I’m not feeling it, and I only ever played 4,Wish we got chrome hounds 2 instead.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
How long until X is banned in the EU or sued for breaking GPDR? I say 6 months.
They've already been in legal trouble with the EU, their own city, parts of the US, etc. so it's more like negative 6 months but since he's already stretching / ignoring those out as much as he can, adding another legal turmoil to the pile hardly seems to matter.

Musk has been doubling down on going for the US alt-right the past few weeks so probably doesn't care about much else.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Saw one tweet saying that it's an optional additional verification step for blue users, but I guess we'll see.
yep saw that too, I think a balloon probe was sent, watched community backlash, backpedal and "optional" is the new balloon probe.
XD
time will say, that stupid has no idea what to do with his "new" toy.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Baldurs Gate 3 beaten after 76 Hours.
Genuinly one of the greatest games ever made.

There's so much i could say about it, if i could still be arsed to have videogames discourse.
This thing moves the whole medium forward, not just RPG's.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So Baldurs Gate 3 does not allow me to play today anymore, since Larian pulled the Hotfix 4, which caused the game to revert to an older version, and thus the "newer" save games from my last session are not compatible, until Larian re-uploads the Hotfix again.

That's just clownshoes, especially for a game that's been in Early Acess for 3 years. Sure, new content was released, but the base engine was there all along.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
So Baldurs Gate 3 does not allow me to play today anymore, since Larian pulled the Hotfix 4, which caused the game to revert to an older version, and thus the "newer" save games from my last session are not compatible, until Larian re-uploads the Hotfix again.

That's just clownshoes, especially for a game that's been in Early Acess for 3 years. Sure, new content was released, but the base engine was there all along.
Same situation here. I guess I'll play something else tonight. Act 3's content is good, but my god it has been a buggy mess. It makes all the chatter about how it's super polished compared to other AAA games look silly. I know Larian will fix things up, but right now I just want to finish my run and put it on the sideline.

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Twitter died when that egomaniac took over.
My hot take, but the site has been toxic (and full of people that really should seek therapy/counceling/anger-management) for a really long time. I'd like to say around 2016-2017 is when it got really bad. I saw it going on a decline whether or not Elon was gonna buy it. I didn't know it was going to be this bad though.

I wish more game publishers and news outlets would just bring back RSS feeds from the dead. I'd rather have that than to deal with the cutthroat and spiraling mental health timesink that is social media. My news aggregator Discord server's Tweetdeck bot is completely busted and I haven't gotten any game news in a while. After purposefully getting myself suspended (mainly because they don't give you an option to outright delete your account), I'm not making another account just to get gaming news, and after the recent Reddit debacle, I'm not going back there either. Both sites are outrage and algorithm driven radicalization machines, and that's before even getting to Facebook.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019

Edit: i’m on mobile cba to fix it now, will do later

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
My hot take, but the site has been toxic (and full of people that really should seek therapy/counceling/anger-management) for a really long time. I'd like to say around 2016-2017 is when it got really bad. I saw it going on a decline whether or not Elon was gonna buy it. I didn't know it was going to be this bad though.

I wish more game publishers and news outlets would just bring back RSS feeds from the dead. I'd rather have that than to deal with the cutthroat and spiraling mental health timesink that is social media. My news aggregator Discord server's Tweetdeck bot is completely busted and I haven't gotten any game news in a while. After purposefully getting myself suspended (mainly because they don't give you an option to outright delete your account), I'm not making another account just to get gaming news, and after the recent Reddit debacle, I'm not going back there either. Both sites are outrage and algorithm driven radicalization machines, and that's before even getting to Facebook.
well, i have good news for you then:

;)

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Twitter getting real bad goes hand in hand with the rise of fascism in the world tbh
Fascists attack infrastructure or anything resembling it.

Also, I really want RSS back too.

I’ve set up a reader on my home server but the quality of feeds these days is utter garbage.

Plus you can’t go 5 sentences without being forced to follow a link to the full article, that is then a half-broken page as my adblock and cookie notice killer and their anti-adblock tech wrestle for control.

I probably need to find another app to scrape the full articles from sites and export that as an RSS feed I can read without having to actually open my browser.

The internet is such a shithole these days.

Last edited:

didamangi

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Half a month without buying any game because I'm too busy playing BG3. It feels weird.

Baldurs Gate 3 beaten after 76 Hours.
Genuinly one of the greatest games ever made.

There's so much i could say about it, if i could still be arsed to have videogames discourse.
This thing moves the whole medium forward, not just RPG's.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Breathedge :thinking-blob: Very tempting.

What did people in here end up thinking about The Entropy Centre? The voice over in the trailers made me wonder how quickly that gets old.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Only 5 for the new Hitman content ? Oh, it’s reused levels. Not scandalous given the price, but yeah.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Minecraft has been rated for Series S|X.

This would be the first current gen release of Minecraft (unless you count the Switch version). I wonder if them releasing it on Series S|X is also the opportunity to release a Steam version?

Imagine the amount of money they'd print...

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

This would be the first current gen release of Minecraft (unless you count the Switch version). I wonder if them releasing it on Series S|X is also the opportunity to release a Steam version?

Oh man I hope that's true! Would love some next gen Minecraft, or to have Minecraft on steam deck.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Only 5 for the new Hitman content ? Oh, it’s reused levels. Not scandalous given the price, but yeah.
Meanwhile their Deluxe pack (which is just the H2 DLC people already owned but didn't carry over) never goes on sale. I would've easily played another 30 hours of H3 WOA if it did.

FML

I had given up hope of it ever coming to Steam, but the fact that they keep updating their Preview version with RTX and such gives me hope they are considering it for a multiplatform release.

Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.