Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
You get the deluxe edition of you buy it while it's still in Early Access right?
Why Early Access?
“Release is right around the corner, so as a thank you to everyone who supports the game prior to launch, you’ll be getting the Digital Deluxe Edition content for free.

Is there a Digital Deluxe Edition available for the game? What does it include?
Yes, we offer a Digital Deluxe Edition for players looking for an enhanced experience. The Digital Deluxe Edition includes all the content from the standard edition, along with additional exclusive items. These items include the Divinity Bard Song Pack, Exclusive Dice Skin, Mask of the Shapeshifter, Cape of the Red Prince, Lute of the Merryweather Bard, Needle of the Outlaw Rogue, Bicorne of the Sea Beast, Paintings from Rivellon, Adventurer's Pouch, Digital OST (Original Soundtrack), Digital Artbook, and Digital Character Sheets. Immerse yourself fully in the game with these exciting digital bonuses available in the Digital Deluxe Edition.
The early access page on steam doesn't actually say what the fuck the deluxe edition is, but it's mostly useless shit

Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

The OT that I quickly threw together

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
BG3 really looks nice but I simply can't play games with turn based combat. I really wanted to get into the Divinity and I tried for few hours but I couldn't play it. Turn based combat is kinda too passive for me and often last longer than it should due to all picking and choosing of attacks. And when significant portion of the game is that I simply can't play it.

I understand why people like it but it's not for me. And because of that no matter how impressive BG3 is I don't have any desire to play it.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I’m so bloody hyped for BG3. I do wonder if it will run better on my Mac mini or steam deck. I would prefer to play it on my computer but if I can run better on the deck I might play it on it. Makes sense that they would optimise it more for the deck.

Reactions: Kyougar

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Turn based combat is kinda too passive for me
I am the same, with few exceptions:

Fallout 1 and 2
Jagged Alliance 2 and 3

Absolutely love these games despite turnbased combat. Or because of it, because in these games it somehow works for me.

I hope BG3 will be the same in that regard. It helps that it has that sweet AAA cinematic presentation though.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I actually think TB games give you more agency and are more 'active', whatever that means, than RT games since you have time to think, plan and act instead of just frantically mashing buttons and be reliant on speed of execution.
In some genres it makes sense, speed and action is directly tied to the core of the gameplay, no one wants to play a TB FPS for instance, but I tend to find that games with more complex gameplay benefit from TB over RT, strategy over APM. It's perhaps the mais reason RTS died but TBS are stronger than ever.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Give me ideas for a subtitle and I can make an OT for BG3 so we don't clutter the steam thread with our adventures
Kono Subarashii Baldurse Gato ni Shukufuku wo

So I just got rid of my shift on Friday...

I'm blaming the tadpole in my brain.
I got 3 weeks off from the day the game launches.
Wasn't even on purpose, i already had off when they moved the release forward

Bless Larigods :h02totallynotmoaning:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I actually think TB games give you more agency and are more 'active', whatever that means, than RT games since you have time to think, plan and act instead of just frantically mashing buttons and be reliant on speed of execution.
In some genres it makes sense, speed and action is directly tied to the core of the gameplay, no one wants to play a TB FPS for instance, but I tend to find that games with more complex gameplay benefit from TB over RT, strategy over APM. It's perhaps the mais reason RTS died but TBS are stronger than ever.
As an architect I spend a lot of time at work thinking and solving various issues. I really don't need to come home and then spend even more time thinking about various strategies and what not that Turn Based combat offer. And usually turn based combat takes much more time even for ordinary enemies, and that is not for me either. As I said I understand what it is used and why people like it but it's not for me. Especially because I tend to play more and more games on gamepad/Deck without keyboard shortcuts.

Reactions: Ge0force

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Kono Subarashii Baldurse Gato ni Shukufuku wo

I got 3 weeks off from the day the game launches.
Wasn't even on purpose, i already had off when they moved the release forward

Bless Larigods :h02totallynotmoaning:
I'm very jealous! I have the 19-26th off(booked before there was a release date), so I expect to go full no-life-degenerate on the game then.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Lots of cool stuff this month, but I have no tiiiime.
Will be busy with Genshin 4.0 in 2 weeks.
Until then I'm getting sidetracked by Xenoblade Chronicles X again which I started earlier this year until I got sidetracked by something else, lol.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

Hopefully edging closer to a Darksiders 4 finale.
I've been enjoying Remnant 2 slowly with a friend. So far we've done one world on my save file and one world on his, and yesterday we managed to complete the Labyrinth in his game. That boss fight took us about 20 attempts at least.

They've really hit upon a winning formula with this series. They've picked up parts of Souls game systems and merged it with the loot hunting genre. Then they've incorporated puzzle solving. They got replayability with their randomization system and persistent progression. And it's built for co-op from the very beginning.

That said, I do have a couple of problems with the game. The first (and this was a problem in the previous game as well) is that the starter weapons are quite a bit worse than the boss weapons you get later on. Those boss weapons don't only do more damage, they are also more fun to use. So this means you could potentially play 25-50% of the game with guns that get the job done but aren't that much fun to play with. And with the way the game works, it's possible you might just not get a particular kind of gun you wanted at all until then end when you reroll your campaign or farm it in adventure mode. Like I said though, the game is set up to do exactly this so it's not a huge problem but it would be nice if you could get fun combat right from the start.

The other issue I have are with some of the puzzles. It's really cool if you're inside a dungeon and you see some loot in an inaccessible area and you figure out a puzzle to get to it. Then there are some more complex puzzles that you can discover and solve through exploration and observation and maybe even a bit of luck. But then there is a whole other class of puzzles that are simply too obscure and no regular person will ever come close to solving them without watching a youtube guide. I guess there must be a group of people who absolutely love the idea of doing 10 different obscure things in a chain that leads to a specific reward and that's fine. For me personally I'm thinking "How clever was your puzzle really if your players never had a chance?". The people who are making the video guides for these puzzles aren't solving them through incredible skill or anything, they're just datamining the game and reverse engineering the solution.

Anyway, these two issues aren't a big enough deal to stop me from enjoying the game. It's really fun to play.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
But it is fun to see multiplatform game launch on PC first XD For once console version got delayed XD

Reactions: inky

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
After 2 years, PSO2 NGS finally got some decent end game content.
Today an end game instanced quest was released, it works like this:
  • the quest is divided in 2 parts, the 1st part lasts 6 minutes and the players must clear rooms to gain buffs, and in the 2nd part they have 3 minutes to defeat the end boss;
  • seems like the locations of the buffs are different each run, but the types of puzzles and the final boss only change once per day;
  • the quest drops slightly weaker versions of top tier augment capsules, making it possible to close the gap between the average player and min-maxers, and it also drops some materials needed to create the top tier ones;
  • the quest drops a new series of weapons, while they're not the very best ones, these have 100% crit rate, which means they have no damage variation (while the damage variation for other high tier weapons can go as low as 50% min damage by default).
Screenshot with an example of the map and buffs from the first part of the quest:

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: PhaZZe

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
BG3 really looks nice but I simply can't play games with turn based combat. I really wanted to get into the Divinity and I tried for few hours but I couldn't play it. Turn based combat is kinda too passive for me and often last longer than it should due to all picking and choosing of attacks. And when significant portion of the game is that I simply can't play it.

I understand why people like it but it's not for me. And because of that no matter how impressive BG3 is I don't have any desire to play it.
I know the feeling
Sadly this is me with isometric views in games (with VERY few exceptions, hello Disco Elysium), so no BG3 for me either

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Quakecon sale is on Steam and everything is on sale except Quake 2. So remaster shadow drop incoming next week. There were rumors for a while and the same thing happened with Quake 1.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Quakecon sale is on Steam and everything is on sale except Quake 2. So remaster shadow drop incoming next week. There were rumors for a while and the same thing happened with Quake 1.
yup, another Nightdive joint

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Ohhhh, damn, that would be the thing that gets me playing it with the wife watching. I assume a mod?
It is official gif from Larian on their steam community post. So I assume the game will be playable like this without any mods.

I also prefer third person over top down, so this gif pretty much sold me.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It is official gif from Larian on their steam community post. So I assume the game will be playable like this without any mods.

I also prefer third person over top down, so this gif pretty much sold me.
Are we sure it's 3rd person and not just isometric with the camera super zoomed in?
It would a first for them (excluding Divinity 2...)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I played it in early access a bit and the camera can zoom in that way that it's basically third person. But it still controls like it were isometric.

• Sad
Reactions: Lashley

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I played it in early access a bit and the camera can zoom in that way that it's basically third person. But it still controls like it were isometric.
What does that mean exactly?
Is there no direct-via-analog-stick character control?
From the gif it looks like there is.

...it's kind of amazing that day before release I still have no 100% confirmation on how the game plays, if it allows direct character control from third person. And I even asked two Larian devs about it.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
What does that mean exactly?
Is there no direct-via-analog-stick character control?
From the gif it looks like there is.

...it's kind of amazing that day before release I still have no 100% confirmation on how the game plays, if it allows direct character control from third person. And I even asked two Larian devs about it.
Have you played any of the D:OS games with a controller? I'm assuming it's the same.
Considering they released on consoles I'll assume the left stick controls your character directly, unlike mouse point & click, add the zoomed in camera and you get a pseudo 3rd person experience like they are showing on the Deck gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.