Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
These are my speeds rn

usually it'd take me 60-90 minutes to download this...

Switched the server for a moderate improvement

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I think I backed Shroud of the Avatar, but I avoided Phoenix point.

Still, I think of a total of around 30 games I backed just 3 failed to deliver (or at least be in the process of delivering), so in my opinion the whole Kickstarter phase was still a massive boon for gaming overall. CRPGs more than anything else of course.
You should have backed Sharin no Kuni!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I don't know if you have a direct line to the editor for making any corrections or if anyone would even consider it super important, but they transcribed Xseed Games as Exit Games in the Little King Story spot.

:toucan:

Anyways back to reading.
I haven't actually read the entire thing (I said it, so it's not so interesting to me :p), but thanks for the reports - I'll forward it to the authors!

• Comfy
Reactions: Parsnip

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
You should have backed Sharin no Kuni!
You've just reminded me I backed this. I thought what could go wrong since G-Senjou no Maou was already released. I do recall wanting to get the physical edition for the Vita. Guess that's a copy for the PC and Steam Deck now.

Also still downloading BG3. Good ol' Australian net.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I decided to go with Gale as my first attempt at the game, character creation felt a bit overwhelming right now (good thing), I mainly wanted magic, so I chose Gale since he is a wizard. Next time I want a non-human as I find humans boring in fantasy games.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
I've never been more happy to be way off the mark. A turn-based cRPG hitting these numbers is just insane, I'm honestly ecstatic as a huge turn-based strategy and RPG fan.
nice to see all the staffing up Larian did for the scope and production values of this get rewarded too

it's gonna be real interesting to see how whatever they make next turns out

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Gonna be interesting to see where Baldurs Gate 3 will place once its reached its peak proper

(Some of the games in the list are so high because they were free and could be idled for cards)

I certainly never would have expected the developers of Divinity 2 Eco Draconis to end up as the biggest in the genre

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
500k is a lock for sure, I wonder exactly how high it will go? I bought it on GOG, so unfortunately I won't be contributing to the total.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Thank goodness. What a weird artistic choice by the Yakuza team. I guess it makes sense on console cuz they don't texture filter too far out?
Yeah if I'm not mistaken Y0 was also released on PS3 so for that console it made sense, but they never adjust it on PC.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Baldur's Gate going off. God bless Steam for having remote downloads, really grateful I'll be able to play it the instant I get home.

Reactions: inky

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
BG3 really looks nice but I simply can't play games with turn based combat. I really wanted to get into the Divinity and I tried for few hours but I couldn't play it. Turn based combat is kinda too passive for me and often last longer than it should due to all picking and choosing of attacks. And when significant portion of the game is that I simply can't play it.

I understand why people like it but it's not for me. And because of that no matter how impressive BG3 is I don't have any desire to play it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This maybe a stupid decision, but with TotK and BG3 being so long games, I've decided to go ahead and play through some smaller games that only lasts a few hours, that I also really wanna play, before playing more of TotK and BG3.

TotK and BG3 are both amazing games so far, so I don't wanna rush them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.