Community MetaSteam | August 2023 - IT'S MECHA TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Have you played any of the D:OS games with a controller? I'm assuming it's the same.
Considering they released on consoles I'll assume the left stick controls your character directly, unlike mouse point & click, add the zoomed in camera and you get a pseudo 3rd person experience like they are showing on the Deck gif.
Haven't played either of the DOS games. Well, I hope it will be well playable, comfortable and immersive.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Ended up getting FF7R from GMG for 36€.
I played the PS4 version but never the Intergrade version and I've been wanting to replay it for a while so what the hell.
I usually either buy a game at launch when I really want it and can find it for less than 45€, or wait until it becomes really cheap, so this is unusual for me.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
What does that mean exactly?
Is there no direct-via-analog-stick character control?
From the gif it looks like there is.

...it's kind of amazing that day before release I still have no 100% confirmation on how the game plays, if it allows direct character control from third person. And I even asked two Larian devs about it.
I wanted to check again, but I'm out of town and only have my steam deck here and the controls are weird on it

But as I remember it was indeed click-to-move instead of direct control
I'll check once it's fully released

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I wanted to check again, but I'm out of town and only have my steam deck here and the controls are weird on it

But as I remember it was indeed click-to-move instead of direct control
I'll check once it's fully released
I would be surprised if there was direct control because the second you get into battles everything is turn based and your movement would require clicks.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Just got home. Readying myself for BG3 tommorrow.
I hope you had a great holiday in Italy! I read about temperatures over 45° in some parts of the country, so hopefully you brought lots of sunscreen. 😉

Here in Belgium, the weather is mostly bad since the start of the summer vacation on the 1st of July. Lots of rain and barely 20°. I'm really getting tired of it, but what can you do? 🤷

I'm planning to buy BG3 as well somewhere later this year. The length of the game is holding me back, there are so many games in my backlog that I want to play soon!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm planning to buy BG3 as well somewhere later this year. The length of the game is holding me back, there are so many games in my backlog that I want to play soon!
You know, I very much feel that. I have so many games in my backlog I wanna play that are much shorter than BG3 so playing a long game feels "weird" at times.

Like playing one game for 100 hours knowing in that time I can finish 5-15 other games.

Reactions: Ge0force and yuraya

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

A good video covering how Richard Garriott destroyed his reputation and squandered millions of dollars from his fans.

Reactions: lashman

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019

A good video covering how Richard Garriott destroyed his reputation and squandered millions of dollars from his fans.
Can't watch the video right now but I checked this one out back in the day and it raised a lot of alarms from the beginning. I've backed quite a few projects (Pillars, D:OS2, Torment, Shadowrun, Wasteland 2...) and the only time I consider I floundered one was when I CANCELLED my Divinity: Original Sin one because I feared the company was about to go under. I also cancelled one for Project Phoenix because it smelled funny and turn out I was right a good thing to do.

This one just didn't inspire trust. No real plan at all.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Can't watch the video right now but I checked this one out back in the day and it raised a lot of alarms from the beginning. I've backed quite a few projects (Pillars, D:OS2, Torment, Shadowrun, Wasteland 2...) and the only time I consider I floundered one was when I CANCELLED my Divinity: Original Sin one because I feared the company was about to go under. I also cancelled one for Project Phoenix because it smelled funny and turn out I was right a good thing to do.

Yeah, I actually backed Shroud of the Avatar, and then cancelled my pledge before the campaign ended. One of my earliest gaming memories is watching my older brother play Ultima 3, and it was a series I was obsessed with growing up(especially Ultima 6, 7, 7.5, but also UO for a year or so), so I really hoped it was going to be good.

Project Phoenix did get me though... Fuckers. lol

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Uh, you reminded me Project Phoenix. Checked when it was on Kickstarter. 2013, it has been 10 years now. Still no game

Their last tweet

I guess no investor wants to make this game

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, I actually backed Shroud of the Avatar, and then cancelled my pledge before the campaign ended. One of my earliest gaming memories is watching my older brother play Ultima 3, and it was a series I was obsessed with growing up(especially Ultima 6, 7, 7.5, but also UO for a year or so), so I really hoped it was going to be good.

I think I backed Shroud of the Avatar, but I avoided Phoenix point.

Still, I think of a total of around 30 games I backed just 3 failed to deliver (or at least be in the process of delivering), so in my opinion the whole Kickstarter phase was still a massive boon for gaming overall. CRPGs more than anything else of course.

Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I think I backed Shroud of the Avatar, but I avoided Phoenix point.

Still, I think of a total of around 30 games I backed just 3 failed to deliver (or at least be in the process of delivering), so in my opinion the whole Kickstarter phase was still a massive boon for gaming overall. CRPGs more than anything else of course.
I've backed about that many as well, and 5 have failed for various reasons (2 vanished without a trace). One has not delivered anything in 8+ years but continues to put out entertaining updates so I'll forgive him.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

I didn't, but me and my buddy had pledged for two other stinkers that were never released

Dark And Light (if anyone even knows about that scam)
and Everquest Next

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
BG3 has sold so far 2,5 mill copies.

Here is a paywallfree link curtesy of Jason Schreier

Reactions: lashman and Durante

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I don't know if you have a direct line to the editor for making any corrections or if anyone would even consider it super important, but they transcribed Xseed Games as Exit Games in the Little King Story spot.

:toucan:

Anyways back to reading.
Lol I read the entire article and was wondering the whole time who were these Exit Games guys

Also they explain API as "application processing"

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Lol I read the entire article and was wondering the whole time who were these Exit Games guys

Also they explain API as "application processing"
There were also a few backhands there, when Durante was talking about graphics backends. I imagine they used some kind of speech to text software and a few oddities slipped through.

Anyways, great read.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I dropped down from 120 MB/s to 80 MB/s too. Too scared to switch to another data center now that I am nearly done.
Took my chance, went from 5.5 mo/s to 60 :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:
Wait, 102 ! Damn, I will stay on this datacenter.

-

Gog has a nice RPG sale by the way.

• Toucan

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Why are keys from Hubble bundle that is set to the states someone regionally locked to the states? Road 96 from is unredeemable here lol... This isn't the first time either. I am kind of stone with humble. Considering they are more expensive then most (all) of the game they usually have. Road 96 base price here is still cheaper if you could use the full humble 20% discount.

Living abroad and ten years later still having to deal with stupid shit like that. Locked to the states, really?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.