Community MetaSteam | August 2024 - What a peaceful moment in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
A demo dropped for the Ace Attorney Investigations Collection

Plays great on the Steam Deck, and saves carry over to the full game. Will be great to finally have all AA games on PC. That just leaves that Layton cross over game, but I don't expect Capcom would be willing to work out a deal with Level 5 to get that one a re-release.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Last 7 days

o_O
I'm happy that a non-Western or Japanese culture getting center stage attention in Mainstream gaming (along with a native region studio).

Few cultures got attention (Spanish Catholicism with Blasphemous, Sleeping Dogs with Hong Kong culture, Kingdom Come Deliverance with Czech/Bohemian culture), but nothing has reach this much popularity.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy

Man, this year has been filled with 100% unexpected success stories, and most of those are from games in the 80 metacritic range completely different from past years BG3 and Elden Ring. Also interesting how all of them are on Steam, showing its growth during this gen
The TGAs are going to be very interesting

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If Sony released high quality straight port of Bloodborne to PC, I am pretty sure it would sell 5 million copies quite easily. 100 million USD in revenue, probably more.

Instead, they will wait until the PC version runs great via emulation. Mind boggles.
They have to be next in line.

Next year we are looking at TLOU2 and Spider-Man 2. There is really not much else for Sony to release anymore and there is no way it will just be 2 games considering they released so many this year.

Its possible they have something lined up shortly after Ragnarok. Maybe Demon Souls as a Nov/Dec surprise.

We have to wait for the next State of Play or whenever they do their PS5Pro conference I guess. That would actually be a great time to reveal Bloodborne running at 4k60 :sneaky:

Reactions: Paul

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
next State of Play[...] would actually be a great time to reveal Bloodborne
So was the previous State of Play.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.

Assuming an average of 4 SoP per year, times ~7 years since Bloodborne release.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So was the previous State of Play.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.
And the one before that.

Assuming an average of 4 SoP per year, times ~7 years since Bloodborne release.

What if Kingdom Hearts was the missing Steam key?

And now we have unlocked new worlds for PC gaming.

New worlds like Boletaria and Yharnam

:wd_comfy:

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
What if Kingdom Hearts was the missing Steam key?
And now we have unlocked new worlds for PC gaming.
New worlds like Boletaria and Yharnam
:wd_comfy:
Hope springs eternal and all that. :shrugblob:

They had several years of immense enthusiasm for From games during the long wait for ER and then the wait for its DLC.

Had they released either DS or BB during that period of pent-up Souls thirst, or at least, if really nothing at all was in the tubes, made any promising noise in that direction, they would have had the wind in their hype sails, and lo! the sails would have been made of 500€ bills, the hull of laminated gold, and the oars of diamond.

I am still very confused as to why Sony did not take this opportunity.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
Skin mod for ZZZ, personally i wouldn’t mod an online game but sharing cuz it looks fun

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sony fucked up badly. You have to have some nerve to release a pay to play hero shooter.

Even COD went f2p with Warzone
Overwatch went f2p for the sequel
The last Battlefield fell off hard as a p2p and that had so much marketing.

I don't know what they thought Concord was supposed to offer with that price tag. These GaaS games are like part time jobs. Its on the developer to offer value from the start and the gaming community will support it if they see it a worthy of playing. Asking people to pay money upfront like this is stupid. People are gonna feel bad for the devs (and they should) but you have to feel bad for the person who dropped 40$ on this because a dead game will fall off really fast and people may not even get their moneys worth. If multiplayer games are not successful at launch it is unlikely the post launch support will even be there.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
It still blows my mind that anyone at Firewalk or Sony could look at those generic dollar store character designs in Concord and think they would resonate with most people.
This kind of stuff is focus tested. You have to wonder who they found who thought these characters are what they'd want to play as.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Heads up.

(they are are removing Ultimate Edition because the DLC got too big)

How much does it normally cost?

------------------
.............. I guess Sega really does listen to fan feedback in their surveys then. I asked for more PC CEs and it looks like they are doing just that. .......

You get what you ask for ..

Someone please respond to this with the monkey paw meme

-------------

More people are playing Skull and Bones than Concord

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Valkyria Chronicles 1 is a great game. Anyone who never played it should go get into it.

Though not clear why it needs a remaster. The PC version was fine? Maybe it has bad frame pacing which is sadly more common than it should be and didn't support all the good stuff like a PH3 port does but it was totally serviceable.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I think Deadlock is shaping up well but it inherits one of the biggest problems of DOTA 2 for me; matches can last far too long. MOBA gameplay is basically a push and pull situation between 2 teams. The best matches are the ones which are close where both teams are reasonably balanced. The issue is that it sometimes becomes difficult to gain an advantage and push through to win and so matches can last an hour or even more. At this point in life I do not have the ability or desire to play a single match for an indeterminate duration which could last over an hour. They solved the problem in DOTA 2 by introducing a turbo mode which increases your xp and earnings substantially so you get powerful much quicker which in turn lets games end faster. Those matches still take 25-30 minutes though. I hope Deadlock starts with a modifier like this right out of the gate. On a related note, I'm not sure why the map needs to have 4 lanes. The maps could easily be 3 lanes and presumably that would naturally decrease match times.

The game is full of placeholder assets right now. That includes mostly non descript to ugly character models and art. I feel like that definitely needs to be overhauled by the time the game releases. Otherwise it'll run into the same problem Concord is facing which is that nobody likes any of the heroes. A MOBA is not a hero shooter so there is more flexibility in what you can do with character designs but I don't think what they have is anywhere close to good enough for a final release.

I also think they should consider tuning the early stage combat. Typically in these games you start out very weak and then slowly upgrade your character until you become powerful. In DOTA 2 you can buy items right at the very start to mitigate some of that weakness. No such mechanic exists in Deadlock. Secondly, third person shooter combat needs to have much more visceral combat feedback as compared to top down combat in DOTA. What I'm saying is, the combat does not feel fun at the start. Your damage is too low, magazine size is too small, reloading is way too slow. I feel like combat should be a little more engaging even before you power up.

And finally, my gut feeling is that this is not going to be the next Valve hit game. It'll be one of those quietly successful games that make enough money to sustain themselves and be profitable but never big or in the zeitgeist. Games like Smite for example. Maybe even reaching Warframe or Naraka Bladepoint levels, which are actually both very successful games but rarely get talked about. I don't think it'll be one of the 'big boys' unless Valve pushes some levers that I can't really think of. I assume it'll have a very fair free to play model. They could try and jumpstart a competitive esports scene like they did with the International for Dota. They could be generous and do random, free hat drops after every match but for that to be enticing would require a rarity system of hats i.e. lootboxes.

I think the game is quite early but the way they're expanding the footprint might indicate that they're farther along than I think. That or they're planning a long open beta situation. I do think there's stuff they need to work on.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Just here to promote my current GOTY.

That is all.

I love everything about this game, except for maybe the basic village-building gameplay loop, but it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the game. The enemy art design is seriously impressive, and the soundtrack is amazing. My favourite track from the game: Bupposo's Theme

It is on the easier side, but the optional objectives, particularly the ones in NG+ make replaying stages fun and challenging. There is zero dialogue in the game and the story is presented through on-screen visuals & body language. Also one of the few action strategy/tower-defense games out there that actually encourages speed-running bosses! There is even an achievement associated with it. The centipede boss was definitely a difficulty spike the first time through, but by the end of my first run, I was able to defeat it solo in under 20 seconds.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hopefully you lot being all international and clever and stuff can help my friend.

They are in the UK and want to buy a Steam key for a friend in Canada ( i think ).
Is there a reliable keyseller that will let you buy out-of-region keys he could then send to them?

edit:
Play-Asia have the Global Key for Stalker Bundle for £5.90 which is nice.
Anywhere else to check out or keep in mind for future reference would be cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaApple

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just use gg.deals for all my key needs. You can filter for where you need the key to activate.

I would stay away from marketplaces (like g2a) but in my experience all the "actual" keyshops listed there with 3 or fewer "risks" are reliable (I've ordered from instant gaming, eneba, driffle, and of course CDKeys).

Status
Not open for further replies.