Community MetaSteam | August 2024 - What a peaceful moment in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Anywhere else to check out or keep in mind for future reference would be cool.
This won't instantly solve all cross region issues, but you can always check steamdb to see how many different types of regional keys there are for each game. Let's look at the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl page. Filter the package page by CD Keys and you'll notice the site will show if there are region locks (the small text below CD Key or Store will show things like "Only DE" or "Not in RU BY"). Buying the correct key is a different kind of issue, but at least this gives you a starting idea

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I was going to say it's a bit sluggish for me but it does load. I reckon i checked just as it got sorted out.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

I like that their version of high level combat is just basic action rpg combat but you're stuck as 1 character the entire game. This doesn't look bad solely by dragon age standards but for industry standards this is like 2017 level stuff.

Reactions: yuraya

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Sorry for the sudden question, does anyone here have extra invites for Deadlock? I'm interested to try it if its possible :plsblob:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Someone pointed out that the first Concord beta that was only available to people who had pre-ordered the game had a higher player CCU than the final release.

That's just hilarious in a whole other way. Did they actually lose people who had pre-ordered the game after they played the beta?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Although the failure of Concord is honestly expected, I feel bad for its developers. Many of them probably need to start updating resume very soon. :disappointed-face:
One "positive" out of this, at least, is that developers got paid for 1-8 years to make this game. Better than having no job at all. (and the amount of people who thought of this as "their baby" is probably very small, for most it is just a job)

Reactions: Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Someone pointed out that the first Concord beta that was only available to people who had pre-ordered the game had a higher player CCU than the final release.

That's just hilarious in a whole other way. Did they actually lose people who had pre-ordered the game after they played the beta?
There were two beta periods I think, those that pre-ordered the game got early beta access and those that didn't got access a few days later for free (without having to buy the game at all)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

I like that their version of high level combat is just basic action rpg combat but you're stuck as 1 character the entire game. This doesn't look bad solely by dragon age standards but for industry standards this is like 2017 level stuff.
Looks like a good step above Inquisition, as it looks like enemies actually react to your hits, you can throw them around, etc. The reduction to one character seems like it's about cost saving and reduce complexity, which honestly, is probably the right move. If you want great and complex combat, you shouldn't touch modern Bioware. Honestly, combat was never that impressive in their games. I think Mass Effect 2 was the best it got, and even that wasn't exactly a great TPS.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It's really weird to me when people celebrate a game's failure. I feel so bad for the devs. The layoffs will be coming in hard.

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
In the way that they don't receive keys from the pub/dev like GMG, Humble etc.
Honestly, this was always a weird complaint to me.

All valid keys are generated by the developer/publisher and sold, and they should have no control over how they are resold.
The one truly problematic area is when keys are bought using stolen credit cards or other payment details. But that generally is not the case on well-known key stores like cdkeys or eneba -- it's the reason why I don't suggest buying at marketplace-style outlets like G2play.

Dec 5, 2018

You know, the thing that we did for years, where devs couldn't even confirm or deny that a PC port exists because of marketing deals is happening TO US? WTF? This should be illegal!
I mean sony did it with hogwarts legacy, just last year.
But you reminded me when Square acted like the PC version of nier automata did not exists not even telling when it was coming out.

Also it's push square, it's what they do, and you should ignore them

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I mean sony did it with hogwarts legacy, just last year.
But you reminded me when Square acted like the PC version of nier automata did not exists not even telling when it was coming out.

Also it's push square, it's what they do, and you should ignore them
I know the fanboy site, was just made aware of it on otherforum where the op and a few others are pikachu faced, while the majority are just like... "duhh its marketing." And the op is like "THATS DIFFERENT!"

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
CDKeys is not legitimate though, I wouldn't use it.
Never had problems with CDkeys. Afaik they don't have a free market place that allows people to sell stolen keys.

On the other hand, they aren't an official keyseller either. I only use them for AAA games from publishers I don't like.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Let's have some fun

"Saying anime as cartoon is an insult to Japanese culture not gonna lie...but most Americans who doesn't know doesn't care"

I've had enough of the Internet

--------------

You know, the thing that we did for years, where devs couldn't even confirm or deny that a PC port exists because of marketing deals is happening TO US? WTF? This should be illegal!
That is not the case here. If anything I would say that this is just PushSquare being a Sony fan site. (Also I will say that I can understand how I can sound like a hypocrite) First off they are making it sound like SEGA/ATLUS can't even confirm that it will be on PS5. ei in that the game will eventually release for PS5 but they can't can't talk about until make later. But guess what that's not the case. You can even pre-order the game right now. If you look at places like Best Buy and Amazon in the US the CE for PS5 and Xbox are both sold out.

Remember that PushSquare like to "stretch" the truth if you want to call it that. There seems to be an Animal Crossing like being being released by Netease on PS5 and this is what PushSquare said "and in many ways, Floatopia could surpass Nintendo’s legendary franchise on PS5." What does that mean? You could say that well yeah because of it manages to "sell" one copy (since it's a free to play game) then it would have already surpassed Animal Crossing sales on PS5 since there are no Animal Crossing games on PS5. But the way I'm interpreting it as, is that they are implying that the game will surprise the 20+ million users that Animal Crossing has on Switch.

There are also numerous other articles where they do stuff like that.

As article it even flat out says this part "Metaphor: ReFantazio is of course coming to PS5, as Atlus would be absolutely insane to exclude the platform where the majority of its fanbase exists"

The game is also releasing on PS4 in addition to PS5........ Yeah PushSquare as usual is just very out of it. Where did I find this information? Well on the official website of course. Also regarding the ATLUS survey it makes me wonder what the percentage of the people that will likely buy the game mentioned getting their news sources about game release from YouTube videos from the publisher or what ever source PushSqaure is referring to.

So is it safe to assume that Metaphor will sell over 50% of its copies on PS5!!!! Alone and not less than 50% will be on Steam+Windows Store+ Xbox Series S|X + PS4?

Look at Vanilla Unicorn, on Switch for its launch week it sold over 41k units, 25k units on PS5 and 9k units on PS4..... Yeah

What about Persona 3 Reload?

77k on PS5 and 40k on PS4. That of course is not included Xbox and PC sales. Which I'd imagine could add up to 37k together.

I'm only going to use those more recent ATLUS/SEGA numbers since it's less than a year old and they can show the point I'm trying to make. Now that's just Japan. But do you think that all around the world that PS5 sales for those titles will have sold more than the other platforms combined? Which is where my issue stems from.

They mention something about Star Wars Outlaws, I'm not sure what to say, since I don't really play Ubisoft games. I will save judgment for when I actually play the game years from now.

Also "It’s clear that Microsoft wants to associate the release with its system, perhaps in an effort to combat Sony’s overall dominance when it comes to Japanese games and JRPGs. But in this instance, we think it’s having a negative impact. The newest trailer has attracted just 16k views on the official Xbox channel at the time of writing, and not many more on Atlus’ page. You can guarantee it’d be doing over 100k if it was being advertised to PS5’s much larger audience.".

Now imagine how many views it would have gotten if it was on Switch? Especially with their whole JRPG thing?

At least they sort of mention how Sony does it as well, so I guess I have to at least give them partial credit for that. But then they quickly brush it off.

Also I don't think it should be illegal because if you were going to buy a physical copy of the game at least you would also know that a PS5 version of the game exist. So you could say part scummy I guess but definitely not illegal. I could say a potential angle for it if you purchased the game digitally but MS does offer refunds doesn't it? Unlike Sony so if you found out a PS5 copy existed and would prefer that you could get a refund. But would the same have applied for PSN though?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gintaro

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
wonder if I should start KH2 in proud or critical mix, feel like I'd be ok with a bit of challenge but not with a chore

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Sorry for the sudden question, does anyone here have extra invites for Deadlock? I'm interested to try it if its possible :plsblob:
I would also be thankful for an invite, even if my gaming time is rather limited this year...

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
wonder if I should start KH2 in proud or critical mix, feel like I'd be ok with a bit of challenge but not with a chore
You're ultimately deciding if you prefer playing with full max HP (Proud) or half max HP (Critical). Normal stats can be increased with items and equipment, party members are just as useless in all difficulties, and the bosses have the same patterns. Personally the extra superbosses won't change much in Critical, yes you have to be more careful because you have less HP but in the end you still need to learn their patterns and get good at dodging/guarding/countering them

Dec 5, 2018
You're ultimately deciding if you prefer playing with full max HP (Proud) or half max HP (Critical). Normal stats can be increased with items and equipment, party members are just as useless in all difficulties, and the bosses have the same patterns. Personally the extra superbosses won't change much in Critical, yes you have to be more careful because you have less HP but in the end you still need to learn their patterns and get good at dodging/guarding/countering them
Also in critical you start with more skills to give you more flexibility (and allow you do do a lvl1 run), and also you're a glass canon (since you have a damage buff compared to any other difficulty).

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
Found a mod to change difficulty in the config menu, I guess I can use that in case I decide an easier experience in case.

Going critical, thanks for the opinions!

Reactions: lashman and yuraya

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands

From personal experience (YouTube video is not mine) it's early emulation but performance is great and this looks really promising. With the rate this is going we might be able to play the game next year on the Deck.

Edit: setting this up is a bitch though (couple of hours to dump the PS4 requirements) but hey that is early emulation for you.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I finished

And it's pretty much what I thought early on, a typical 7/10 game, maybe a bit too easy... that happens to be in a genre that you can't find anywhere anymore.

The combat might not be anything special, it's not super varied, but it works well enough, there's not too much of it and it gives enough freedom to be more melee or magic focused.
The itemization is simplistic (it's a lot more RPG than Zelda with various tiers of gear) and armour pieces are not visible, but it adds enough meat without sending you in your inventory very often at all
It's a bit odd that each region has its own set of "tools" in the form of magic so you can't use them elsewhere, but they all have many uses (like the goo block creation that is a platform, a heavy weight, opens fences from below, blocks shots and locks down enemies and mechanisms alike), in the same way that every single one of the 25 dungeons has unique mechanics even when you only have the same two tools for multiple ones - and that includes some really whacky things like going 2D or playing with gravity.
The social part of the game is brief, and definitely not mandatory even though you get very powerful stat buffs, items or new services like armor upgrading.
The story is fine, and it doesn't get too much in the way either, with short sequences and no excessive amount of dialogue (unlike Eastward, to stay in Zelda-likes...).

And to top it off, the game is incredibly polished, there was not a single time, not a single puzzle where I felt betrayed by the physics and especially not the collisions (again, Oceanhorn 2 as comparison here... the game felt like it was ripping itself apart on every single mechanism - when it decided that it wanted to work to begin with...), it honestly works better than many games with billions more invested into them.

So in the end... I just loved the game, despite being a bit slow and stiff here and there, or too easy and predictable at times, for once in years, I had just as much fun in the first hour than I had in the last, and I can't recommend it enough :blobnerd:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Hoping the RTX 5080 isn't too far away, my PC is starting to show some grey hairs.
I've read some time between October and January. I'm waiting for that (and probably the 9800X3D) so I can get a completely new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.