Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Point and click adventure councillors, what're your impressions of Beyond a Steel Sky? I won't expect a repeat performance of BASS, of course. But I hope it still gives us a good time.

Reactions: ISee and Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Point and click adventure councillors, what're your impressions of Beyond a Steel Sky? I won't expect a repeat performance of BASS, of course. But I hope it still gives us a good time.
I enjoyed it. It has some nice call backs to the first game, but it's not afraid to do its own thing. I don't think it's quite as good as Beneath a Steel Sky, the puzzles and the story doesn't come together quite the same way, but I liked what Revolution did with the world. It feels like a nice sequel.

Here are my thoughts on it right after finishing it: Point & Click Adventure Thread 2017 - Pixels Walk With Me

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Anyone using dualsense on pc? What are your impressions so far with steam input support, functionality, wireless support?

Bought a series controller and a little disappointed that the share button does nothing (atm).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Steam Labs Experiment 12: Exploring Sales
Introducing faceted browsing, a new way to explore sales on Steam

New Ways to Browse During the Holidays

Each holiday sale, Steam features thousands of titles on discount. As part of this year’s Autumn Sale we introduced over a dozen genre- and theme-specific sale pages to help players browse and discover our most popular games on discount during the event. We found these themed pages drove more game store page visits during the sale than all but one other Steam store point of discovery – the grid of featured games at the top of the home page.

Given the popularity of these themed pages, we’ve introduced more of them in this year’s Winter Sale, and we’ve added some smarts so we’re able to now list them based on their likely relevance to you:

Genres, Themes, Features, & More

Once you arrive at one of these pages during the Winter Sale, such as this one featuring [UWSL]the most popular Winter Sale Co-Op Games[/UWSL], you’ll discover a number of ways to browse the hundreds of games it features. Tabs offer common sub-genres, themes, or other tags shared by the hundreds of games featured on each page. Sections of these pages in some cases also display titles which all share a common theme such as viewpoint, player support, or additional themes. And because there are so many great games to feature on each of these pages, we’ve also introduced faceted browsing.

Faceted Browsing: Searching while Exploring

Faceted browsing lets you tell Steam what you’re looking for as you browse, by quickly filtering titles along a variety of axes such as visual style, theme, mood, player support, and more. Concepts can be selected across categories to serve as quick AND search operations, while concepts can be selected within categories to serve as quick OR search operations. For example, this set of choices on the Winter Sale Casual Games page displays titles which are both colorful AND relaxing:

While this set of choices displays titles featured on the same Winter Sale Casual Games page which are either colorful OR cute:

While these themed pages do not feature all Winter sale titles which meet the criteria you select, they feature the most popular matches on discount. (For our most powerful search capabilities, visit Steam Search, where results can be limited to discounted titles, and concepts can even be expressly omitted.)

Give faceted browsing a try when you visit any of our Winter Sale pages featuring [UWSL]Co-Op Games[/UWSL] and more.

[UWSL]Let us know what you think of Steam Labs Experiment 12: Exploring Sales[/UWSL], in its first phase of development and now available during the Winter Sale, then keep an eye out for more faceted browsing tools, powerful browsing experiments, and store discovery solutions headed your way in the New Year.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So, I've been on a XCOM 2: WOTC binge lately... And I feel like adding some more turn based strategy to my backlog.

So thoughts on the following :

• Xcom: Chimera Squad
  • Warhammer 40k Mechanicus
  • Battletech

Reactions: ISee

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I'm playing Jurassic World Evolution - the back to JP DLC or whatever its called and I'm on the 2nd island but the game has sort of bugged out, the Stegosauruses have to have access to a feeder which they most certainly do but the timer isn't advancing, it went down 9 seconds but wont go any further and there is no option to restart the island, just restart the entire campaign. That cant be right can it?
Its shit if so.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
It's the end of the year so come here and share your GOTYs

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It's the end of the year so come here and share your GOTYs

can I post games that are from other years but I played this one? :cat-heart-blob:
If so, I have things ready.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

Lowest prices it's been for individual games and bundles.
Hell yeah. These are good old school shooters if you're into MAME era type stuff. Well worth it at that price.

So, a couple of days ago I started playing Archer: Danger Phone on Android, since I really like Archer...

It's my first "Idle/Clicker game" and it's actually quite good?

So TLDR: recommend me some good/cheap idle/clicker games on the Steam sale. Preferably without microtransactions!
I don't know what a clicker is I think, so this is probably off base, but consider the Kingdom Rush series of TDs. I play them often still.

Lash is dead? Who's going to do the steam thread now
Oh good. That he was alive at one point I mean. I thought he was the forum bot.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone using dualsense on pc? What are your impressions so far with steam input support, functionality, wireless support?

Bought a series controller and a little disappointed that the share button does nothing (atm).
I been using a Dualsense for a few weeks. Basically everything works with Steam Input. The microphone button doesn't do anything, but I think the way the Dualsense works, that just turns of the microphone, it doesn't send input to the PC. If that's so, then there's nothing Valve can do.
The touchpad works, it properly vibrates (though not with anything "adaptive" to it, just the normal vibration you have on DS4 too).

I like the feeling of the Dualsense a lot of better than DS4, and the larger battery is definitely something you notice. It's not quite twice as long as the DS4 was, but I generally can use it a week before needing to recharge, as opposed to 3 or 4 days when using the DS4 a lot.
must .. crush .. Anime .. industry

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
My idiot ass bought Mass Effect 3 and its DLC bundle, mostly out of fear that they'll get delisted when the remaster comes out. I know it would annoy the shit out of me to have them all except 3 even though I'm probably just gonna hold off and wait for the remaster to replay the series.

Probably should do a replay of just ME3 for the hell of it, though. I never did play any of the DLC or the patched ending. But that makes it tempting to at least do ME2 as well as a refresher on the story and then it sort of becomes a time investment I'm not sure I'm willing to make lol.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
My idiot ass bought Mass Effect 3 and its DLC bundle, mostly out of fear that they'll get delisted when the remaster comes out. I know it would annoy the shit out of me to have them all except 3 even though I'm probably just gonna hold off and wait for the remaster to replay the series.

Probably should do a replay of just ME3 for the hell of it, though. I never did play any of the DLC or the patched ending. But that makes it tempting to at least do ME2 as well as a refresher on the story and then it sort of becomes a time investment I'm not sure I'm willing to make lol.
Just do all three. You know its a time sink you want to invest in. The Trials and Tribulations of [female] Shephard

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Just do all three. You know its a time sink you want to invest in. The Trials and Tribulations of [female] Shephard
I'll wait until the remaster is out for that. If I'm going to replay all three then I want it to be a comprehensive run and right now there's no way to do that on Steam since the ME2 DLC isn't available. I'm not even sure if you can still buy it with those moronic Bioware points or whatever the hell it was and even if it is, I'm not doing that. :p Plus, I'm really curious to see what QOL improvements they bring to the first one.

For now I'll probably end up just reading a refresher on ME2 and then finding some means to generate a save to import into ME3. When I found out ME3 was skipping Steam back in the day, I switched to console so I don't think I even have a ME2 save to import anymore.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
There are save game tools for PC so you can edit the flags on a save to reflect what choices you made. I remember having to do this when i did my 1-2-3 run a few years ago as there were issues with options not being flagged in save files or not importing correctly.
There's also a boat load of 100% save files with different options etc out there you could download and import.

Reactions: toxicitizen

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
All the love Hades has been getting this year and I just looked up to see that it is not even available on consoles. Just PC and Switch.

That is crazy. How is MS and Sony not courting these type of devs to their system? Sales must not be worth it but not even next gen versions either.

Indies really are choosing Switch instead huh.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
So, I've been on a XCOM 2: WOTC binge lately... And I feel like adding some more turn based strategy to my backlog.

• Battletech
They are all good, for different reasons.
But as you are directly coming from WOTC, I'd say Chimera Squad. It's faster and lives from finding and exploiting synergies between different characters.

Reactions: FunnyJay

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

• Battletech
Chimera Squad is an interesting twist to the XCom formula, it's clearly a budget game but still quite enjoyable. I haven't played Mechanicus but the consensus is that it 's a good game. Battletech is more hardcore but still very good. I just finished Gears Tactics and it too is a good XCom-like game.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
New historical lowest recorded prices for many SE games on GreenManGaming.
You need to be logged in to see the extra discounted price.

Example:
vs

DRAGON QUEST HEROES™ Slime Edition - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]16,80€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
DRAGON QUEST HEROES™ II - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]25,20€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
FINAL FANTASY V - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]6,09€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
FINAL FANTASY VI - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]6,09€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
FINAL FANTASY IX - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]8,82€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]6,72€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]6,72€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0™ HD - 58% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]10,50€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam

Unfortunately SE Japanese games never get more than 50% off discount so GMG prices could be a good deal for some.

Edit. Regarding Cyberpunk 2077 save file size bug, it was fixed yesterday.
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

This is pretty big news. The only downside is that it's apparently regulatory hell to get listed on WeGame since all games have to be approved by the government. Speaking of which, I wonder what will happen to Steam in China after the Chinese version comes out. The international version is still supposed to be available even without a VPN, but the government might close that loophole.

Between this and Apple's new program, I hope Valve does something for smaller devs in the future. Valve's terms probably wouldn't be as generous since they aren't as large as those companies, but they might be pressured to do at least something.
What some of the "Steam must do more for small devs and lower the cut" people forget or overlook, is that the lower the cut is the more games will be released on Steam.
People who moan about shovelware, bloat, and outrage games forget that all these developers will also make more money. And their overlooked indie darling is just a blip on the radar.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I realized that I have used to buy a lot of games on sales that looks fun/interesting, but I bought them mainly because they were really cheap.

Due to the overwhelmling amount of games being released these days I have began to only buy games I really wanna play even if the discount isn't particularly high. My time is more valuable than what money can buy so I'd rather spend my time with a really good game with not that high discount rather than a bunch of games that are cheap, but might quit after some hours.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I realized that I have used to buy a lot of games on sales that looks fun/interesting, but I bought them mainly because they were really cheap.

Due to the overwhelmling amount of games being released these days I have began to only buy games I really wanna play even if the discount isn't particularly high. My time is more valuable than what money can buy so I'd rather spend my time with a really good game with not that high discount rather than a bunch of games that are cheap, but might quit after some hours.
Yeaah I still buy too many games that look interesting but then only play it for a short while or not at all, because theyre all taking up too much time and because there's so many games theres always the lingering question if my time wasnt better spent with a different game I'd enjoy more...

thats why Im glad for games like HZD and CP2077 that just eliminate that question, because I just wanna play those games.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Just chiming in to wish you all a marry Christmas, great Holidays or just a wonderful week. Independent of what you are celebrating or not celebrating Have a great time. It was a hard and long year, but we nearly did it.
💖
Still waiting a little bit for that same post myself. Hope I don't forget ! :sweaty-blob:
But back on topic : :photoblobheart:

The secret GotY poll in exclusivity before I post the official thread

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content
is spelunky 2 a good 4 players co-op online game?
I enjoy it, but there is a noticeable lag. Interestingly, the online feature uses a rollback system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.