Community MetaSteam | February 2024 - Let's bring democracy into the zone with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Well consoles in general sucks and I feel bad for those who mainly plays on consoles.

Yes, I wrote that.

Imagine paying to play online.
Worse still imagine having to pay for online so you can have cloud saves. Or to take part in sales.

At least that’s how it was when I had a PS4.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Just finished the High on Knife DLC for High on Life and it was quite good. It's a shame that so few people play DLC compared to the main releases because this is the perfect example of the devs building on a solid framework in the base game and expanding it in creative/fun ways. Main game was a 3/5 and this was easily a 4/5. I will definitely pick up a sequel if they make one. We don't get enough "AA" sci-fi first person shooters like this. My 2 main issues in the game+DLC was some of the humor not landing with me and how frustrating 100% was (no map + grinding kills) and that it was kind of wasted since there was no New Game+ to enjoy a maxed out character.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Well consoles in general sucks and I feel bad for those who mainly plays on consoles.

Yes, I wrote that.

Imagine playing multiplayer games at all. Horrifying.

I don't even know if that's an issue anymore since everything is F2p and those don't require ps+. Even FFXIV didn't and that wasn't f2p. The cloud save thing is total BS though sony and nintendo should be taken to court for that.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I don't mind people who choose to pay for playing online, or for cloud saves, or to breathe for that matter.

What annoys me is the particular brand of console warrior who complains when a first party game is released on PC -- not because they have to pay to play online -- but because people playing on PC don't have to pay.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Imagine playing in 1080p !

Ah, fuck's sake, that takes me back. Another time, another forum, a poster who mocked his friend for playing, Street Fighter IV, was it, at 720p.
How I shat on him. Damn.

I know who I would have gladly played a game with, and it wasn't the condescending finger wager.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Anime is great, FOMO GaaS isn't.
I'll play completely f2p until I stop having fun. I'm not too worried about missing the current OP character because I didn't want to play that particular week

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'll play completely f2p until I stop having fun. I'm not too worried about missing the current OP character because I didn't want to play that particular week
If you can do that that's great.

What I ultimately realized with Genshin is that just the knowledge that there was stuff going on which was time-limited and would be going away soon (and the game makes very sure you know that) actively detracted from my enjoyment of just playing the main story or exploring. But I'm sure how much that happens (or if it happens at all) greatly depends on each individual.

Reactions: xinek

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

nProtect protecting Sony from positive reviews

:toucan:

I mean uhhh...

I think it's awesome lol

A lot of the complaints were some day 1 server issues and there's some like random bizarre crashes for stuff (I crashed equipping a helmet once, but not any other time)
So far it's everything I had hoped for in a sequel and im barely any amount of time into it, the new view perspective is cool too

Also unrelated to Helldivers:

• Early Access is not intended for release in 2024, but we plan to share a lot more information later this year!
  • In reference to “Games-as-a-Service,” we simply plan to continually update the game for many years to come, just like the previous two Subnautica games. Think our Early Access update model, expanded. No season passes. No battle passes. No subscription.
  • The game is not multiplayer-focused. Co-op will be an entirely optional way to play the game. You’ll be able to enjoy the game as a single-player.
TL;DR

Subnautica 2 - It's not coming out in 2024 for early access, It's not a GAAS, it's not multiplayer focused, it's co-op Optional, It's Single player

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
If you can do that that's great.

What I ultimately realized with Genshin is that just the knowledge that there was stuff going on which was time-limited and would be going away soon (and the game makes very sure you know that) actively detracted from my enjoyment of just playing the main story or exploring. But I'm sure how much that happens (or if it happens at all) greatly depends on each individual.
Yeah, that's one thing that sucks in Genshin and they should really change.
Star Rail doesn't have time-limited story events at least, you just lost out on some extra rewards if you don't do them during release patch, but the story and gameplay stay around.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018

Yes, I wrote that.

There used to be a time where I'd eventually buy most, if not all the console hardware to play their exclusives, but after the Ps3, Xbox 360, and Wii generation I've been completely apathetic towards them.

Even if the consoles were completely free, and the games identical in quality, I simply prefer the PC/Steam platform for the many advantages I'm sure everyone here is already aware of. Not to mention the era of consoles holding a plethora of exclusives is long over. Just about everything is coming to PC, eventually. As ridiculous as the idea of Microsoft and Sony releasing their games on Steam would have been only a few years ago, and here we are. You never know with Nintendo, but in the meantime emulation has been excellent.

I understand a lot of people just prefer to play on a console, arguable disadvantages and all, and good for them. But if you don't prefer to play on a console, there are scarcely few reasons remaining. The Switch's handheld form factor was certainly one, but now we have the Deck.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Is Xbox trying to reach this level of support again?
Xbox lost a big chance when they banned gal*gun first game remake.

PS: I’m curious what will be sony’s policy with those games if Vita 2 is finally a reality or if they will continue with the current content policy.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Is Xbox trying to reach this level of support again?

While some of the spin-off Science Adventure games surely qualify as eroge (the Love Chu Chu spin offs), the main line games are for the most part pretty straight laced. Maybe Chaos Head that's a bit out there?

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Series S could very well be my last console, and I only picked that one up mainly thanks to being super cheap with rewards vouchers.

I'm that weirdo who has little affection for any first parties line up of games(not since Sega bowed out anyway) and buying systems just to access the few that do appeal just feels a rip off when there's so much I already don't have time for on PC. When Japanese third parties largely embraced PC that was it for me. And thankfully Square Enix is low down the list of my favourite publishers so I can live with their short sighted sell to companies before people shenanigans.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Started playing Honkai Star Rial :blobyesanime:
It's great

Better than Genshin
Aw yeah, Dragons Dogma 2 preordered! Perfect for my birthday that will be like a week later from release. :coffee-blob:
I actually had to cancel my preorder lol

Game will be amazing I just don't have the time for it right now, only 20 hours into Infinite Wealth :(

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Game will be amazing I just don't have the time for it right now, only 20 hours into Infinite Wealth :(
Yeah I have no idea where I will find the time, I should have finished infinite wealth by then, and whatever else I'm playing at that time I will drop for DD2 and then return to it after.:)

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
It's great

Better than Genshin

Yep, having a lot of fun atm. I tried Genshin last year but the gameplay wasn't for me

Status
Not open for further replies.