Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
They seem to have done the same with every hitman release for the last few years and people grumble about it but the basic premise and gameplay is good enough that it still does well eventually. the game certainly seems to sell consistently well for a long period, it's got legs for sure.

It's wishful thinking that they'll change their ways this time around but there has been more pushback than usual so who knows. Maybe they'll read the room and make changes? Not soon, or quickly but y'know, at some point.

edit: They do seem to have the most baffling pricing and package/collection choices on the market for sure. They even outdo peak EA & Ubisoft on that.
I'm sure the game will sell well over its lifetime, but this is not a zero sum game in terms of revenue. If large percentage of players decide to wait until a big sale, that means a lot less money here and now and overall a lower amount. If it takes longer for the player base to grow, it also means less word of mouth (and Steam is far more important in that respect than EGS tiny user base).
Ultimately, IOI is just hurting themselves with this.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
I don't care for the anime, I probably won't watch it, but this game looks great, with some BOTW-esque open world (with underwater) and cool combat/GI stuff.
This looks like a Genshin Impact copy. I haven't played any Netmarble gacha games so I'm not sure how greedy they will be. Might wait and see how the combat is to see if this is worth playing over Genshin.

---

Not sure what IOI expected launching H3 without a launch discount. They are competing against other games for our money and if I see confusing bundles and a 1 year old game that's still at full price I'd probably go spend my money on a new game like MH:Rise, Dying Light 2 or Elden Ring instead. Depending on how interesting the planned Year 2 content is I might pick it up on a huge sale or wait for it to show up in Choice.

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Hitman 3 getting a 50% off sale on EGS while the full price Steam release is still fresh? Ouch.

The Humble thing could be written off as a 3rd Party Seller's volition, but the publisher controls their own sales on EGS, right? There's a threshold where this goes from "Just Business" to flagrantly taking the piss.

I'll hold out and see if the "No season sales until 30 days have passed" thing holds true when the Sale goes live in an hour. Probably will.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Hitman 3 getting a 50% off sale on EGS while the full price Steam release is still fresh? Ouch.

The Humble thing could be written off as a 3rd Party Seller's volition, but the publisher controls their own sales on EGS, right? There's a threshold where this goes from "Just Business" to flagrantly taking the piss.

I'll hold out and see if the "No season sales until 30 days have passed" thing holds true when the Sale goes live in an hour. Probably will.
well tbf it's 20% off -- if you have Choice active

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Nah, still too expensive. Its gone on my 'wait till its about £25-30' list and thats mostly because of IOI and the shitty way they have handled the (re) launch. Its a year old, been discounted heavily already, ill wait.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Trying to play Taiko No Tatsujin on GP, but the prompt to log in to my MS account never pops up, so I can't play. (usually with other games you have to alt tab or minimize other stuff to see it. Not here. It's straight up not there).

Trying to install a game on EA Desktop, Hit Download Button, choose location, Accept... and nothing happens. And now I can't download any game on the launcher. If I go to the download page of any game (not even the one I tried to download first) I see a greyed out "Loading" button (this has happened twice before, I had to uninstall the launcher and reinstall for it to work):

If only Valve wasn't a monopoly their competitors would be so much better...

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Trying to play Taiko No Tatsujin on GP, but the prompt to log in to my MS account never pops up, so I can't play. (usually with other games you have to alt tab or minimize other stuff to see it. Not here. It's straight up not there).
Someone made a mod to fix that:

The dev team was trying to silently sign the player in when playing for the first time. However with GDK for Windows you need to prompt the player for the first time to sign in. Then silently sign in afterwards. What this patch does is force the titlescreen to ask the player to sign in.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

Trying to install a game on EA Desktop, Hit Download Button, choose location, Accept... and nothing happens. And now I can't download any game on the launcher. If I go to the download page of any game (not even the one I tried to download first) I see a greyed out "Loading" button (this has happened twice before, I had to uninstall the launcher and reinstall for it to work):

What if Valve is monopoly because their competitors are mostly sub-par?
This doesn't sound right at all :)

• Evil

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Is Valheim worth it if i play single player? Do you need some chums to play to get the most out of it?
I put 30 hrs. into it solo back at launch and quite enjoyed my time with it. Plan to go back to it after it's crosses the 1.0 threshold.

It is a bit grindy, and I'll never be a Grand Architect when it comes to base building. But I thought the general gameplay loop was fun as heck.

Exploration was really dangerous and rewarding once you start branching out into biomes with higher-level baddies. Has a really adventurous feel for the genre.

I'd say it lives up to the hype, even for the solo player.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Was planning on picking up a chunky VN for the Deck, but pretty much all of them were cheaper during the winter sale.
Well that's disappointing.

Thinking of grabbing Nexomon: Extinction and Hades though. But I'm not sure yet, still need to do some browsing.

• Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
So, I hear the EGS Sale for Hitman 3 has been killed. Just checked myself on two different connections (Mobile phone and work internet) and it's showing full-price on EGS again.

Cockup of the Year.
Same here, they removed the discount on EGS, this thing is getting weirder and weirder, LOL.

• Toucan
  • Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I have said this many times, but every single time I venture outside Steam to another service I am immediately reminded of the enormous gap between Steam and everything else. It's not even stuff like extra features, other clients routinely fail at the most basic tasks like downloading and running a game. It is ridiculous.

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
BTW, not drama related -

Anyone know why a Wacom tablet being plugged in (Not even turned on - And mirroring my ProArt monitor when it is) would cause Framepacing to commit seppuku in some games? I noticed that Monster Hunter Rise runs flawlessly with no issues, but PSO2 has a total aneurism, reporting 120+ FPS with the feel of only being 20FPS, until I unplug the tablet and framepacing instantly stabilizes.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I have said this many times, but every single time I venture outside Steam to another service I am immediately reminded of the enormous gap between Steam and everything else. It's not even stuff like extra features, other clients routinely fail at the most basic tasks like downloading and running a game. It is ridiculous.
Maybe when people say "Steam is a monopoly", they mean Steam has a monopoly on being actually well designed, feature rich and focusing on good service over anything else. And on that front, I can't disagree.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
10$ for Death Stranding DC is honestly a much better price than I was expecting from 505. Definitely upgrading day one then. It's also pretty funny to see them, of all publishers, nailing this one right on the heels of IOI completely fucking up Hitman 3's Steam launch, which should've been the easiest slam dunk ever.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018

If you own the base game on Steam or EGS then you can upgrade for $9.99 otherwise it will be sold separately for $39.99.
When I looked up what the DC had before I started playing recently, I didn't see anything worth $10. After playing the game for 40+ hours so far, and double checking the DC content, I still don't. It seems like on PS it was largely a fidelity upgrade to go to PS5 but that's kinda pointless on PC. The fact it's the same price to upgrade that it was on console when like 75% of the "features" don't apply (and coming out a fair bit later) is not great to me.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.