Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I'm getting average 80 fps on Remnant 2, 1080p DLSS Quality, everything High except Shadows and View Distance at Medium, some cutscenes sometimes drops to 40, 5700X/3060TI.

I'm playing on Veteran, difficulty is fine, but it spiked hard on the first world boss (Nightweaver), besides that, I'm really enjoying it, it's a great sequel, improves on everything.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
So, Shadowrun 2007 is a GFWL title on PC. If you have the game installed on your PC and don't have a license attached to your Microsoft account, GFWL will require you put in a CD key to get past the title screen, and there is no way to buy Shadowrun anymore to get more CD keys for it.
However, you don't actually need a Shadowrun key. You can enter any game's CD key, as long as it's valid, to get past the copy protection. So what people have been doing to play it again is buying FlatOut: Total Carnage, which is the only game you can get that still has GFWL keys, and hoarding the keys since each one can be used across 10-ish accounts. Then you refund FlatOut, obvs.

And since GFWL was so unpopular, there's no proof this wasn't always the case while the service was live, since nobody ever tried it.
Its a known thing since forever, there are two type of DRM tied to GFWL:
  • Server-Side Activation, or SSA. This binds the CD key permanently to your GFWL account, similarly to Steam. Thanks to this feature, the games do not carry activation limits! On top of this, a new GFWL feature has been added: Zero Day Piracy Protection (or ZDPP). This is their attempt to prevent pre-release copies from being played, and it can only be applied to SSA games.
  • Legacy method: A simple CD key check. This still requires an Internet connection, but it does not tie the key to your account. This has an activation limit between 10-20 (usually 15), similar to the usual Microsoft products (such as Office). If you hit the limit, contact Microsoft support. With proper evidence they will give you a new key, but you are only allowed one more key. After that, you will need to buy the game again.
Games that uses the Legacy DRM can use whatever CD Key to activate the game and let you play, on the contrary if they use SSA you need the original cd key tied to that game otherwise it will not work. PCGW has a partial list of all the SSA and Legacy game on the GFWL thread

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It is really sad that Jedi Survivor performance is bad on all platforms because game is something special. Some of the best level design in video games to date. And some of the best side characters in games.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and low-G

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
It is really sad that Jedi Survivor performance is bad on all platforms because game is something special. Some of the best level design in video games to date. And some of the best side characters in games.
Yeah I had a decent enough experience when I did my review, and man is it something special when you can forget about the poor performance. Even if it doesn't get patched I suppose Zen 5 3D will buff it out.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Not only that but I it only remembers your login credentials for like a week, always the worst app for logging into...
yup, absolutely infuriating

and the new pile of trash they released (after 15th rebranding) doesn't even close itself anymore after exiting the game when you run it from steam, it used to - but not anymore

• Blobxorcism
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
tbh if someone had an inactive account on my service for 4 years and without purchases I would close them too, if nobody tries to get them back/reactivate after the email for 30 days they probably didn't care

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Wasnt it known that Ubi does that? I remember that came up a while ago.

Either way, that doesnt make it better, its in fact worse they never changed that policy. If you insist I have to have an account for the games I purchase from you, you better keep them available to me indefinitely (that is, as long as you have that policy/as long as your sorry excuse for a company exists) without strings attached. Its not my duty then to start up your crappy app every x months to keep my purchased games.

Stallion Free

I <3 Achievements
Apr 17, 2019
Maryland, USA
steamcommunity.com
I bought it on launch and still haven’t played it lol. Maybe the next patch will be the one. Gonna finish the Control DLC and play Ratchet first though.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Why?
Why not just l;eave it there
It almost feels like a skewed GDPR situation. You haven't interacted with the service for a certain while, so they are "obligated" to remove you.

I am most certain that it doesn't work like that (not a GDPR expert) and certainly not when it comes to purchased licenses, but I can see some corporations seeing it through that skewed lens.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
Why?
Why not just l;eave it there
If that were me I'd want to get rid of your data and scrub the database of what's not needed.
If I have your data I have to ensure its safety and I'd want to ensure the safety of data that's needed "only".
The less data I have on my database the less can be targeted by attacks, if I have a breach in my database/security at least people that aren't using my service anymore wouldn't be affected.

Dunno about Ubi's reason though

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Not only that but I it only remembers your login credentials for like a week, always the worst app for logging into...
EA App is worse for me. Literally every time you launch it, coming back from sleep or restart. It just never remembers them.

Got to the point that even if it's free on gamepass I don't bother with it.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
If that were me I'd want to get rid of your data and scrub the database of what's not needed.
If I have your data I have to ensure its safety and I'd want to ensure the safety of data that's needed "only".
The less data I have on my database the less can be targeted by attacks, if I have a breach in my database/security at least people that aren't using my service anymore wouldn't be affected.

Dunno about Ubi's reason though
Redundant data is like the best thing in case of a breach.

But it doesn't make any sense, if you have a service with an account requirement you'd want people to have easier access to your service in case they ever get back to the service in the future.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
not if they have been idle for years and never bought anything, that's my PoV at least

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm finally free of ff16. You guys are in for a colossal stinker when it comes to PC. It's so deeply flawed on every level that for a lot of the first half of the game I was shocked when I realized I liked 13 more than it. Admittedly it picks up just enough to elevate it past that but it never gets good. Also the eikon parts are probably the worst parts of the game because they go on forever. Nothing says epic like doing a basic combo as Ifrit for 20 minutes as the opposing life bar depletes by 1% every combo.

Subjectively I'd put it 4th worst ahead of 13, 2 and 1. Objectively I think it's gonna end up around the mid point of the franchise's ranking. I've already seen a ton of people criticizing it during what's supposed to be the launch hype window, so that doesn't bode well for it. Once you remove the spectacle (which I don't even think was anything interesting, you can't see shit most of the time in those points) the game has nothing left to stand on. The story and writing are abysmal and includes one of the worst main bad guys in FF history, the side quests as you've probably heard are so bad it's comical, even the combat is brain dead for most of the game. For the first ~20 hours you only have a few abilities which leads to mashing square in most fights. Clive himself only has a very small handful of moves he can do for when eikon abilities are on cooldown. This definitely isn't DMC lol.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Falexandre is giving away 1 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

From the Humble Whimsy & Wonder: A Cozy Games Collection Bundle

The following games are being given away:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Very funny to see leaks/rumors about 'Pro' consoles, as if the issue was the hardware and not the lack of games
I wonder if Sony is doing it for GTA6. Just so they have one up on Xbox with the most powerful way to play it on console 4k60 etc. A Pro console bundle and marketing deal will be big for Sony.

Also Rockstar still didn't do 60fps patch for RDR2 on the new consoles so I wonder if they even bother optimizing GTA6 for the PS5 pro.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Wild. I would have never imagined this several years ago.

Also Marvel's Midnight Suns is jank extraordinaire, but I can't stop playing it. I'm not big into superheroes (but Wolverine rules) so the quips get on my nerves and the Persona knock off elements are silly, but the combat is good enough that I can ignore the other flaws.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I just finished up my playthrough last night, and yeah. Performance woes aside, what a triumph!
I'm still at the very early stages but the shooting and movement feel so good. Which archetype did you choose? I went with Challenger

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Also Marvel's Midnight Suns is jank extraordinaire, but I can't stop playing it. I'm not big into superheroes (but Wolverine rules) so the quips get on my nerves and the Persona knock off elements are silly, but the combat is good enough that I can ignore the other flaws.
The combat is sooo good. So many fun and powerful combos. It made me like heroes that I didn't really have much affinity for to begin with. Great game.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I played first Remnant (free on EGS) for about 5 hours solo and gave up, because the level design and locations where it took place were so boring I just couldn't stand it anymore, and the story was nothing to write home about either. Is Remnant 2 a big impovement over this?

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
The combat is sooo good. So many fun and powerful combos. It made me like heroes that I didn't really have much affinity for to begin with. Great game.
The combat is top notch and I like how each character has a unique gimmick to make things more interesting.

I played first Remnant (free on EGS) for about 5 hours solo and gave up, because the level design and locations where it took place were so boring I just couldn't stand it anymore, and the story was nothing to write home about either. Is Remnant 2 a big impovement over this?
That sounds like my experience. Still, the praise for Remnant 2 in this thread has convinced me to rent it on console to see what's up. I think my aging PC would explode after reading about the performance issues.

seems twitter will now be 𝕏.

so people now won't tweet but xs? people xs about xbox series x (and xs xxx content about sex?)
He really wants his WeChat.

Status
Not open for further replies.