Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Binged Diablo 4 for the last few days in order to put my Barbarian in a place I would be satisfied with saying goodbye anytime (endgame, full altars, good ilvl, difficulty 3, every barbarian dungeons cleaned).
Skipped the server rush for season 1 yesterday and ready to try it now.
I’m good to go.

Which is in no way excusing the game for its issues, just saying that bah, it’s not a great game but I guess it did the job and I’m very relatively curious about S1.
And play a Rogue, a character who won’t be reminiscent of Vin Diesel in Ark 2, oh my god, finally.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I tried to get Nier Concert tickets and it did not go well. I wish that I had know that VIP tickets were going on sale today and not just pre-sale tickets.

I may still be able to get regular tickets, but it would have been nice to have gotten some VIP tickets as well. Hopefully the resale tickets are no more than $400 and I may consider buying them resale.

• Sad
Reactions: thekeats1999

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I started Disco Elysium on a whim. Got bored with being undecided about which game to play and though that not playing some games because I fear I will be let down is fucking stupid.
So here we are. And it's good. Just a tad tiring after a couple of hours because there is no action at all, just walls of text. But yeah, I would be extremely positive if I wasn't stressed as fuck by my hotel bill right now. Looking at a FAQ seems super anti-climactic, but I don't want to get some game over for not paying that shit in time.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
In "I am an idiot" news I got over myself and started to build my new PC.

Did the usual sort out the CPU/Cooler Fan/RAM/SSD etc. on the board and popped it in the case. Spent an unhappy time messing around with cabling and thinking that the case was a lot tighter than I thought it was going to be. Succeeded in the end and was happy with it until I noticed the cooler fans poke out the side of the case by a few mm. Whoops :p and also I am not on the ball at all because I should have noticed that.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I tried to get Nier Concert tickets and it did not go well. I wish that I had know that VIP tickets were going on sale today and not just pre-sale tickets.

I may still be able to get regular tickets, but it would have been nice to have gotten some VIP tickets as well. Hopefully the resale tickets are no more than $400 and I may consider buying them resale.
Theres VIP Tickets?

Im out here waiting for Tickets for either Berlin or Paris to go online

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Theres VIP Tickets?

Im out here waiting for Tickets for either Berlin or Paris to go online

Yeah they were $200 USD each. They were close to the stage and you also got this benefit as well.

This is for the concert at the peacock theater in LA.

I knew that such tickets did sort of exist but I didn't know all the details. By the time I tried to use the AXS app it looked liked they were already sold out.

I was too busy trying to figure out the presale code that I didn't try the AXS app. I did t try the AXS app since there was no waiting room there, and if there is no waiting room then you can buy tickets. I should have just tried anyway.

"
VIP Meet & Greet
Special offers and exclusive packages from the artist.
A limited number of VIP Meet & Greet tickets will be available. These $200 tickets include: - Premium seating for the performance - An autograph and photo opportunity after the concert with vocalists Emi Evans and J’Nique Nicole, composer Keiichi Okabe, producer Yosuke Saito, and music director Eric Roth"

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
In "I am an idiot" news I got over myself and started to build my new PC.

Did the usual sort out the CPU/Cooler Fan/RAM/SSD etc. on the board and popped it in the case. Spent an unhappy time messing around with cabling and thinking that the case was a lot tighter than I thought it was going to be. Succeeded in the end and was happy with it until I noticed the cooler fans poke out the side of the case by a few mm. Whoops :p and also I am not on the ball at all because I should have noticed that.
Man, don't tell me. I was using full tower for a decade and switched back to midi recently. I already had problems with all the cables in full tower, I forgot how hard and annoying they are with midi tower. At least I lost one of the HDDs recently since it's sitting in an enclosure next to my RPi now, so two less cables to worry about.

• Hug
Reactions: kafiend

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Some people on Purple forum say it's running fine on their systems but who knows.
"I don't know guys it runs well on my Ryzen 9 7950X and RTX 4080 with 128GB DDR5 5600 ram :v"

I actually don't know if the game runs bad or well lol, but every time there's a discussion about performance these 4090 guys always say stuff like this lmao.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished act 5 in Diablo 4. Going to travel on monday, so curious If I will be able to get the game done by that time.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Just finished act 5 in Diablo 4. Going to travel on monday, so curious If I will be able to get the game done by that time.
You bought a shitload of games this month and now you're going to leave your house? What kind of PC gamer are you? :oops:

/s of course. Where are you going?

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
"I don't know guys it runs well on my Ryzen 9 7950X and RTX 4080 with 128GB DDR5 5600 ram :v"

I actually don't know if the game runs bad or well lol, but every time there's a discussion about performance these 4090 guys always say stuff like this lmao.
As a relatively new 4090 owner that always confuses me. Like, my expectation is I get my stable fps at fairly high settings. I would only bother giving feedback if it doesn't, like say the still abysmal Jedi Survivor

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Finished the exoprimal story, took me roughly 25 hours, while the game is flawed (the early missions can feel repetitive), I had fun. The more story relevant missions have some pretty fun and chaotic moments.
I can see myself still playing it once in a while, and checking out new content when it releases.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like BG3 is only officially sold on Steam and GOG right now.

Couldn't find it on Humble as I planned on using choice discount to pick it up soon. Make use of that discount for first time in a long while.

So will it be sold elsewhere upon closer to release? Kind of weird to see all the other big fall releases but not BG3 at Humble. Or even GMG as well.

Dec 5, 2018
Looks like BG3 is only officially sold on Steam and GOG right now.

Couldn't find it on Humble as I planned on using choice discount to pick it up soon. Make use of that discount for first time in a long while.

So will it be sold elsewhere upon closer to release? Kind of weird to see all the other big fall releases but not BG3 at Humble. Or even GMG as well.
Original Sin 2, is only (officially) sold on Steam and GOG so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with BG3

• Sad
Reactions: yuraya

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
The 60fps mod for Nocturne includes a turbo mode which is such a godsend.
God, this game will never stop being awesome.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I've been playing Remnant 2 on and off for the last week or so, and while the game is excellent it's abundantly clear that the game expects you to use DLSS/FSR. We're talking "nowhere near a consistent 60FPS at 4K max settings with a 4090".

Very curious how folks feel about that. At least the DLSS implementation seems very good.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
got job

wish me luck for mine
I wish you the best, and who knows maybe you will sit between 2, 2B cosplayers.

I'm just a little upset that I forget my password/it didn't let me use the one I had saved and thus had to forfeit some seats (my phone Is terrible at multitasking between apps. I would have been In the middle row but now I'm more to the side.

I do have tickets, which is better than no tickets at all.

By the when when you mentioned Berlin and Paris. You live In Germany from what I remember, of you had tickets for Paris would that be a hassle to get their and organize a trip?

Typical for me if there is an event in LA ifs pretty easy to get there especially if it's during the weekend. I just go to the thing and then drive back home (I don't stay at a hotel).

I don't know much about Europe and if people will frequently travel to another country in order to attend a concert type of thing.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I've been playing Remnant 2 on and off for the last week or so, and while the game is excellent it's abundantly clear that the game expects you to use DLSS/FSR. We're talking "nowhere near a consistent 60FPS at 4K max settings with a 4090".

Very curious how folks feel about that. At least the DLSS implementation seems very good.
thanks, Tim

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
By the when when you mentioned Berlin and Paris. You live In Germany from what I remember, of you had tickets for Paris would that be a hassle to get their and organize a trip?
well both of them are like a 6 hour train ride away, so i'd stay at a hotel and do a 2-3 day mini vacation cuz why not.
I could see the Lourve and The Eiffel Tower or the Bundestag and a Gay Sex Club respectively

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I could see the Lourve
That's nothing. Play your cards right, and you might even get to see the Louvre! You rouge rogue!

Also I'm pretty sure that we do in fact have gay sex clubs in France too. I mean I don't know but I've been told. So basically that leaves the Bundestag for Berlin. Can't argue with that.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They don't even have crossplay, c'mon now... At least that would be a valid excuse!
exactly, and yet ...

Dakar Desert Rally does the same thing - if you have EOS blocked, the game just sits on the title screen and does nothing, won't even let you get to the main menu, and now the same thing happens with Remnant

Tim making PC gaming better, one game at a time (not to mention all the games that just install EOS behind the scenes without asking)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is not real by the way.

The main reason I'm sharing this is because you know that eventually Gabe will no longer be the head of Valve and after he is gone, what will happen. Some thing will definitely improve and may even have more of a direction than ever before. But you will also have more unique ideas that are killed before they can ever take off (I'd imagine stuff like Steam Deck and Valve index would never have been made). You would no longer have blank check situations, where a team at Valve is pretty much given a blank check to start a project.

I think Chet has said in the past that he talked to Gabe about this one idea and even had a whole presentation to show Gabe in order to get funding. None of that mattered and Gabe told hime something about as long as Chet thought the project would lead somewhere that he would fund the project. It's something vague like that.

Fast forward to Chet leaving Valve and working at a small indie company. Now when he was trying to do a project at the indie company he was called crazy because he was doing it without permission (he didn't do a presentation, aka a pitch), which he didn't need to do at Valve but he did now have to do at this much smaller company.

I'm guessing that the FTC definitely would not allow Microsoft to purchase Valve. If Sony has stuck to the Vaio product line I do think they could have profited from the success of Steam over the years. Their whole "inzone" thing is something that they could have launched almost 10 years ago and it definitely would have been way more popular than it is now (something to do with how I guess that Sony mobile is not doing well and has had to branch out. They could have been making gaming laptops, desktops and more importantly they could have been making gaming accessories. Sony makes a lot of electronics, using gaming related stuff is done under the playstation brand, but that's also limits it.

Status
Not open for further replies.