Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Saw this screenshot on the official page of One Piece Odyssey. This confirms a few things:
  • Party leader can be changed from Luffy to other crew members
  • Visible enemy in the overworld
  • Dungeon in the overworld (have a few instances during the trailer but this should confirms it) as top right says: Head to Sand Dust Ruin

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im already getting tired of the Smith/Rock situation, all I can bother saying is that Will need to chill and Chris took it well.

Reactions: thekeats1999

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
This appears to be yet another of squares inconsistencies.

I mean I absolutely adore the soundtracks to the pixel remasters. FFXIV puts some of the older music to great use, like highwind used in the shadowbringers theme or the music used in the Nier raids, the Ivalice Raids and so on. Or just subtle bits like the mount music reflecting certain games, like the magitech armour mount playing the music from the beginning of VI.

Then you get Chrono Cross.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Probably Sony stuff? Honestly I can't see how Spartacus can compete with game pass, so I am pretty indifferent toward the upcoming announcement.
I've said it before, the big loser in Spartacus vs Game Pass is PC Game pass.

I fully expect Sonys Spartacus to compete against game pass with indie games, so devs will have to choose between game pass or spartacus with their games and losing out on PC game pass availability will be part of it.

PC is often being taken into the console wars despite not wanting to have anything to do with console wars.

If that does not happen I will be positively suprised.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

I fully expect Sonys Spartacus to compete against game pass with indie games, so devs will have to choose between game pass or spartacus with their games and losing out on PC game pass availability will be part of it.

PC is often being taken into the console wars despite not wanting to have anything to do with console wars.

while it's a very low chance that probably would happen when oj simpson finds the true killer, i'd like to see sony do what microsoft are doing with pc game pass, and offer older playstation games on pc without the whole cloud thing, because while it'd be a lot to do, if several previous-gens games were available to play on pc by sony, that'd be a good launch for a service like that

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Let's see how this goes. I honestly doubt Sony putting focus on indies when they have been treating them like nothing in the past few years. I feel that the main appeal of Spartacus is going to be big games in PS4+5 library and maybe some PS3 titles, but games not launching on day 1 is going to be a big factor making it not be able to compete with Game Pass.
while it's a very low chance that probably would happen when oj simpson finds the true killer, i'd like to see sony do what microsoft are doing with pc game pass, and offer older playstation games on pc without the whole cloud thing, because while it'd be a lot to do, if several previous-gens games were available to play on pc by sony, that'd be a good launch for a service like that
Unlikely. They can't even make proper BC on PS5 let alone on PC. Even if they do, they will probably be running through cloud rather than native. At least to me, I would much rather play those old games through physical than playing them on cloud service.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

More details on combat stuff for Soul Hackers 2. English closed captions is available
i'm gonna cope here for a second:
soul hackers 2 really feels like that child who got emotional, financial and every type of love and support from their parents when compared to smtv, the child who probably got sold off and forgotten about

smtv was in development for so long, like holy hell, and now soul hackers 2 comes into the frame OUT OF THE BLUE BTW, and just is better than it in every way it seems?
sh2 has a fucking breaking bad reference, return of raidou (or at least some Kuzunouha member), brings back so many demons, looks fucking great, and just generally seems like a great fucking game, i can really see the love and dedication they put into it, they're even getting ringo's voice actor to do the fucking video lines for fucks sake, instead of some old voice bloke
Unlikely. They can't even make proper BC on PS5 let alone on PC. Even if they do, they will probably be running through cloud rather than native. At least to me, I would much rather play those old games through physical than playing them on cloud service.
same, cloud is a scam if you don't have good internet, i tried playing it with my 4g+ and even then, it sucked

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

The madlads actually did it. They literally just took the PSNow subscription and shoved it on top of PS+, same price and all, while adding a half-assed tier in between.

yes but one question:

"A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations. "
can you fucking download playstation, ps2 and psp games now? is it just for fucking playstation? it's just for the playstation consoles, isn't it?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

The madlads actually did it. They literally just took the PSNow subscription and shoved it on top of PS+, same price and all, while adding a half-assed tier in between.

It was a perfect opportunity for Sony to make an easy to understand and an affordable tier that could compete with Gamepass....

Instead they threw a bunch of shit at the wall and made 3 confusing ass shit sandwiches and one of those tiers is completely pointless. And the most expensive doesn't do day one 1st party which is an absolute joke since its 120$ per year.

Everyone at Sony who was a part of this idea didn't even try.

Such a lame blog post announcement.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Ok, PS1, 2 and PSP is a pleasant surprise, but $120 per year? Hahahahahaha.
Seriously they are crazy.

Once you beat those 4 or 5 retro games you really want to play...and you play a few PS4/PS5 games....then what? Paying 120$ per year or 18$ per month needs to do 1st party new releases. Its something for people to look forward to and keep subbing.

Its so pathetic how scared they are to do it even tho they would reel in hundreds n hundreds of millions of dollars every month if they just had a well thought out strategy/service. They only release like 2 or 3 big games every year. People paying 18$ to basically rent those games for a month or 120$ per year for all 2/3 of them is more than a fair deal. Its weird how ignorant they are. Gamepass hasn't thought them a thing.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

Once you beat those 4 or 5 retro games you really want to play...and you play a few PS4/PS5 games....then what? Paying 120$ per year or 18$ per month needs to do 1st party new releases. Its something for people to look forward to and keep subbing.

Its so pathetic how scared they are to do it even tho they would reel in hundreds n hundreds of millions of dollars every month if they just had a well thought out strategy/service.
this implies you actually beat those 4 or 5 retro games, when it's fucking cloud streaming

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Its so pathetic how scared they are to do it even tho they would reel in hundreds n hundreds of millions of dollars every month if they just had a well thought out strategy/service. They only release like 2 or 3 big games every year. People paying 18$ to basically rent those games for a month or 120$ per year for all 2/3 of them is more than a fair deal. Its weird how ignorant they are. Gamepass hasn't thought them a thing.
Yes so much this. Games not launching on day 1 yet asking for such a high price is nuts. And streaming is not available in many countries so PS3 is immediately out of the picture for many people. They can still download the PS1 / PS2 / PSP games but I doubt Sony would treat that front seriously. They will just do it like Nintendo Online Service and add 1 - 3 games to the service per month.

Oh, and putting demo into the highest tier only is simply galaxy-brained.

Reactions: Tomasety and yuraya

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
Saw this screenshot on the official page of One Piece Odyssey. This confirms a few things:
  • Party leader can be changed from Luffy to other crew members
  • Visible enemy in the overworld
  • Dungeon in the overworld (have a few instances during the trailer but this should confirms it) as top right says: Head to Sand Dust Ruin
Dragon Quest XI 2.0 looking good

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Ryan from Sony commenting on PC :
"The way the world is changing so very quickly at the moment, nothing is forever," he tells us. "Who would have said even four years ago that you would see AAA PlayStation IP being published on PC? We started that last year with Horizon Zero Dawn, then Days Gone, and now God of War -- a hugely polished and accomplished PC version of that game. [We've had] great critical success and great commercial success, and everybody has made their peace with that happening and is completely at ease with it. I look back four years and think nobody would have seen that coming "

Bodes well for more Sony games on PC.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So at the basic tier you don’t get the full set of games? You get more games in the second tier and all the games in tier 3. Seems a bit naff really.

i mean gamepass has two tiers and the only difference is really adding the streaming service to the package.

and still no day 1 first party games. Yeah not really tempting me.

i hope the other supposed announcements this week from Sony are better than this as it’s a bit if a pathetic start.

Reactions: Tomasety

ListeningGarden

目をそらした瞬間
Nov 12, 2018
They are still trying to make The Cycle happen, but as I said before it's not happening XD

sounds fine to me?? i don't really understand the comparisons to hunt: showdown though. besides being pvpve, there's nothing even remotely similar about their gameplay loops. reads much more like a sci-fi take on escape from tarkov more than anything, which the writer seems vehemently against, and i don't think that makes for a particularly compelling case against the game - it's one person's grievance that it isn't what they wanted it to be.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
yes but one question:

"A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations. "
can you fucking download playstation, ps2 and psp games now? is it just for fucking playstation? it's just for the playstation consoles, isn't it?
to quote them
PlayStation Plus Premium**
  • Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
    • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
      • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
      • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
    • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***
    • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
I guess it depends on how you define 'download'. Sounds more or less like PSNow and not much more, but for a ridiculous price and no day and date with retail

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.