Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

ListeningGarden

目をそらした瞬間
Nov 12, 2018
i'm... not sure how sony could look to gamepass and somehow do it so much worse, but so long as their games still make their way to pc they can do whatever. wish they'd invest in more serious backwards compatibility rather than offloading so much to ps now. getting through siren: blood curse in a bitstarved 720p stream was less than satisfactory. didn't bother with the service after my trial expired.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
As someone that's been a fan of PlayStation since pretty much the first one, Sony's offerings sure are unappealing as shit these days. I only skipped the PS4 gen cause I was broke and decided to get a mid-range PC instead but at this point I have no temptation to get a PS5 whatsoever. Especially not with their games coming to PC.

Meanwhile, I never gave a shit about Xbox but Microsoft's been doing so many of the right moves lately that I'm kinda tempted to get a Series S solely for Cloud and BC even though I really don't need one lmao.

Last edited:

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Sony has become a really infuriating company over the past few years.
Imo, we have seen a return of the old "arrogant Sony" driven likely by the success they have enjoyed on the PS4 and its blockbuster strategy to its first party output. Personally, the PS1-PS3 era of first party I found far more exciting but that's by the by.

The thing that really irks me is their attitude to BC, legacy content, and now locking it behind a sub with what seems to be a pretty limited library is detestable.
The fact that PS3 STILL has no native form of BC when RPCS3 exists is a disgrace.
Nintendo I long expect this kind of shit from but even they don't act like their classic libraries don't exist.

On the other hand I wouldn't worry about this being competition for game pass at all.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Talk shit get hit
What a fucking idiotic thing to say, about a... joke.

If we used that logic in everyday life, we would be living in the wild west.

You seriously need to leave your PC for a while, and interact with people, if you think slapping someone, in public, is the answer for not liking a joke.

How glad I am to have been born in a time where people could take a joke, and laugh about themselves.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

You seriously need to leave your PC for a while, and interact with people, if you think slapping someone, in public, is the answer for not liking a joke.

How glad I am to have been born in a time where people could take a joke, and laugh about themselves.
People usually don't go around making jokes about other people's medical conditions, mate.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

i'm mostly shocked will smith had a violent nature like that
if he does this to a joke, just imagine what happens if his wife sleeps with another guy

Deleted member 113

If talking shit get's people into hitting others, then the people hitting has some anger management issues.
Not wanting to derail this thread, but I can't believe there's plenty of people actually defending the aggressor, and condemning a victim.

Unbelievable.

People usually don't go around making jokes about other people's medical conditions, mate.
They don't? Of course they do.
And, context matters. There's a big difference between a malicious comment, and a playful joke.

Have you even heard the joke?
What was so wrong about it, that warranted a physical assault on somebody?

In case you don't remember, people made a big deal about Demi Moore shaving her head to take on the role.
And, the film portrayed a strong female role, in a male-centric military.

For me, growing up in the 80's, humour was always a sort of coping mechanism, especially in times of tragedy.
People laugh at wars. Murders like the OJ trial. Anything can be the source of humour.
This doesn't not mean people don't care.

I've been in funerals were people were making joke about their dead relatives.
Again, humour is a way to cope, and a source of playful interaction.

He should tbh
Yeah, I'm clearly wasting my time.
It deeply saddens me that people like you exist in this society.
So easy, and willing, to jump to violence, over... nothing.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I guess a bald white guy hitting a black woman for making the same joke would be OK then, right?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Deleted member 113

This is the last thing I'll post about the situation, y'all free to defend the sanctity of your precious comedians.
Making a joke regarding a black female actress is misogynist, and racist.
Making a joke regarding a black male actor is racist.
Making a joke about a white female actress is misogynist.

Could Chris at least make a joke about white actors, or should be just remained there, with his mouth shut?

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So PC Emulation remains the only suitable way to long-term enjoy PS3 games. lol.

I agree with the person that said Sony seems out of touch. Spartacus is highly unappealing.

Who asks for this shit
Literally no one. 😅

Finally got Toyota Sprinter Trueno ae86 in Forza Horizon 5

another one for Horizon collection
Snip

Time to play Eurobeat and remember Initial D with custom OST.
Oh! I love it! :love:
Does Forza allow for custom skins on cars or is that in the game as tribute or something?

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Kvik and Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I thought the joke was mild, who doesn't want to be likened to a young, hot, ripped Demi Moore? Should people pretend Jada has beautiful hair, compliment her or avoid acknowledging her truth? She's awesome whether she chooses to go bald or buy luxurious wigs others can't. There's black humour from respected comedians like Gervais and Peele for far worse things than simply going bald like me and nobody's trying to cancel them, cos they're funny and respectful, not like the piece of shit Chapelle going after easy targets and perpetuating hate against certain groups (so, no, not all comedians are precious and I really have no opinon on whether Chris Rock is or isn't among them, I don't know his work). Still, Smith was inexcusable whether you see the joke as offensive or not. It was premeditated assault since he took a while to process the thing then walk all the way over to Chris and try to have a cool composed slap pose then go off the rails about MY wife then go on an oscar acceptance speech glorifying his own status as a protector and leader of people, speaking of god and the devil while apologizing to everyone but Chris (which he belatedly did on some social media so I guess those who condone the violence should be equally against him now for betraying these wonderful principles or whatever they stand for) and mostly to the academy to have him back. Jada doesn't need some partriarchical toxic masculinity savior or the white knights online, these folks don't represent any race, gender, illness, sexual orientation hardships or anything, they're just part of the system and there to perpetuate the lie that there are no inequalities in real life since you can make it like them despite these traits if only you just try hard enough. This wasn't some kind of bullying against a no name that has to deal with it day to day and have nooone to help with their shit life, if they found the joke offensive (but laugh at jokes that targeted others) there were multiple ways to one up Chris. Chances are it was approved by show runners to begin with, hell he might not even be the one who wrote it. He took it like a champ and remained super professional. I don't know what he's done and only know of him from Lethal Weapon 4 (wow he has changed), if he's a piece of shit he should be called out, but in this instance Will is. I guess those who glorify toxic masculinity are only blaming Chris for not fighting back even though he'd be in self defence and giving us a show? Not condoning violence in a toxic masculinity framework doesn't mean being disingenuously against all but systemic violence, I'm all for revolts and their inevitable guillotines, just not slapping people over buzzinga'd egos 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Sadrac and d00d3n

ListeningGarden

目をそらした瞬間
Nov 12, 2018
back here for a day and already getting whataboutisms and not-so-subtle grandstanding while completely misrepresenting the points being made in an effort to make one's paper-thin veneer of an opinion look valid. sure glad i decided to subject myself to white fragility in the steam thread of all places. you should be ashamed, but i don't know if that word has any actual meaning for some of you.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
back here for a day and already getting whataboutisms and not-so-subtle grandstanding while completely misrepresenting the points being made in an effort to make one's paper-thin veneer of an opinion look valid. sure glad i decided to subject myself to white fragility in the steam thread of all places. you should be ashamed, but i don't know if that word has any actual meaning for some of you.

• This!
Reactions: ListeningGarden

Deleted member 113

You can quit the personal attacks.
And I'm not sure who the hell do you think you are to tell me I need to be ashamed, I really don't know you, nor feel like I owe you anything.

I must say I'm finding it hilarious that you are calling it "white fragility" to people, like me, defending a.... black comedian, because he got physically assaulted over a... joke.

So yes, do feel free to think of me as a bad person, just because I don't think people should be assaulted for making a joke.
Clearly, we'll never agree over this.

The difference between you, and people like you, and me, is that if we ever met face to face, I would not assault you over not agreeing with you.

---

I'm going to drop this back and forth, because I don't want to derail this thread any further for my fellow forum members, over something that isn't even videogames related.

Yeah, I don't know what moron brought the topic in the first plac... oh.
It must have been different.
Not cool, Li Kao.
Not cool.

There's no need for name calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.