Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I missed this older/recent video of XWVM, a Unity fan project that aims to recreate the original Star Wars: X-Wing game and hopefully dodge lawsuits by requiring the importing of the actual original game's data, to the point modded scripts and such in your installation will be transferred and functional too.

Of course the original didn't have playable TIE fighters but I believe they've said that stuff will be available in an expanded training simulator mode or custom missions. They've not really discussed the potential for making it compatible with the TIE Fighter sequel but I guess it seems plausible, if they ever finish this.

For comparison. I have it on gog and prefer the older CD release on DOS, it has dynamically changing midi music and other stuff that make it better than the SE on Windows. The even older first release on DOS doesn't have textures and looks cool in its simplicity, maybe even the nicest if it was a bit higher resolution...

Last edited:

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Comparing Trails to DQ is pretty unfair to be quite honest. One has world-building, great characters, and while yeah, Trails in the Sky FC and SC didn't stand the test of time, every game from that point on are at the very least, a good game. Plus, the way that Falcom connected the Erebonia games with the Crossbell ones is insane.

And the other is a series of bland JRPGs with individual forgettable stories. DQV, VIII and XI seems to be the only exceptions, and I'm not sure how DQV aged.
Eh, I've heard not so great things about the Cold Steel stuff, and the harem bullshit save the world high school students. So I wouldn't use Cold Steel to call out another series as "bland".

DQ loses because of it's transphobic, war crime denying shit eating composer.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Only game I've ever refunded was PUBG, because it ran so poorly that it was unplayable. My gaming PC was above the min specs at the time and I've since upgraded, but I've never been interested enough to try again (especially since there has been so many competitors since then).

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've only refunded one game: Dreamfall Chapters: the longest journey. I bought it because I love the original game, but refunded it a week later because I didn't feel like playing a multi chapter adventure at that time. Perhaps I'll buy it again later, idk...
Exclusive!

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Exanima still alive and showcasing improvements made in recent patch

Nice. I feel like I've been following this game for years. It'll be fully released anytime soon....

I just checked and I received a refund exactly 36 times...

pls no ban
I have 21 refunds since 2015. So it's around 5 refunds per year. But sometimes I rebuy the games later.

Assault Android Cactus got updated on Steam with the Switch version's extra content. Noice.
If only Square Enix do the same for FFXII and DQXI...

Deleted member 113

What a great bundle!

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
Inferno Climber
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Guilty Gear Isuka
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload

While some of the games have updated/improved versions, it's still well worth the price.

I'm hoping more people give the UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH series a try, as a result of this bundle.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I suddenly want to buy a dungeon crawler. Never played one before. Which is recommended to buy?
Do you mean a classic first-person party-based dungeon RPG?

(Edit: I'm asking since there are also other types of games, e.g. isometric ones, where you primarily explore dungeons, and sometimes people call those "dungeon crawlers" as well)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I missed this older/recent video of XWVM, a Unity fan project that aims to recreate the original Star Wars: X-Wing game and hopefully dodge lawsuits by requiring the importing of the actual original game's data, to the point modded scripts and such in your installation will be transferred and functional too.

Of course the original didn't have playable TIE fighters but I believe they've said that stuff will be available in an expanded training simulator mode or custom missions. They've not really discussed the potential for making it compatible with the TIE Fighter sequel but I guess it seems plausible, if they ever finish this.

For comparison. I have it on gog and prefer the older CD release on DOS, it has dynamically changing midi music and other stuff that make it better than the SE on Windows. The even older first release on DOS doesn't have textures and looks cool in its simplicity, maybe even the nicest if it was a bit higher resolution...
What kind of hit do publishers cough Disney cough need to see in the space sim genre before we get another one of these officially? Rogue Squadron 3 was [checks notes]... 16 years ago.
Xwing vs Tie Fighter from Totally Games was... [checks note again... crumples notes, lights them on fire] 1997. Is everyone waiting on Star Citizen before tiptoeing in? Didn't Elite Dangerous do spectacular numbers on a kickstarter budget?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Looks like I've refunded a heap of stuff for various reasons:

2015:
Dead Rising 2 - the controller support was junk
2016:
Galactic Hitman - Digital Homicide, though it was leaving the store
Batman Arkham Knight - Accidentally bought the basic version, once it cleared bought the Full pack
2017:
Depression - I think it was leaving the store so bought it at full price, then the dev said he'd put it on massive sale. So I refunded and the dev screwed up the timing and it was gone for good.
The Final Station - Came out in a bundle about 2 weeks after I bought it.
Immortal Planet - Terrible
Hob - Junk level performance on 10 series cards.
2018:
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - I think it was the lead in a humble monthly moments after I bought it.
Blueprint World - Bundled
Kung Fu Panda - Bundled as well
2019:
Nothing yet!

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
What a great bundle!

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
Inferno Climber
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Guilty Gear Isuka
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload

While some of the games have updated/improved versions, it's still well worth the price.

I'm hoping more people give the UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH series a try, as a result of this bundle.
Hell yeah, I've always wanted to try Inferno Climber.
Alright, Digimon is good actually.
I knew this would change your mind.

On a more serious note, if you haven't watched them, the Digimon Adventures (first season) and Digimon Tamers anime are still really good.
That music too. The german versions are also really good.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Do you mean a classic first-person party-based dungeon RPG?

(Edit: I'm asking since there are also other types of games, e.g. isometric ones, where you primarily explore dungeons, and sometimes people call those "dungeon crawlers" as well)
Should have specified what I meant. I mean those anime dungeon crawlers such as Stranger of the Sword City and Ray Gigant. Not sure if they are same genre

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Should have specified what I meant. I mean those anime dungeon crawlers such as Stranger of the Sword City and Ray Gigant. Not sure if they are same genre
Best DRPG on Steam:
This one is good as well, but FYI there's an upgraded version that fixes a lot of issues with the base game (that's stuck on Vita :\)
Also, for what it's worth, Etrian Odyssey games work like charm in Desmume/Citra.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
I'm pretty certain I've never refunded any games on Steam. But, I'm a dirty poor and hardly buy any games directly on Steam to begin with, soooooooooooooooooooo yeah. I have considered buying and refunding Monster Hunter World just to try it out, because I'm intrigued by it, but I've never played a Monster Hunter game and don't really know if I'd like it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Apex Construct VR is boring, confusing and mediocre. I want to like it, but the game is so tedious and uninspiring.

Only good part about the game is the bow and arrow gameplay.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Inferno climber looks nice ... too bad the updated version is console exclusive for now :-/
Is there actually anything updated in that version? I couldn't find any information on differences between them.
It's likely that it's just a console port with a different name?

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Is there actually anything updated in that version? I couldn't find any information on differences between them.
It's likely that it's just a console port with a different name?
Your're probably right.
All I could find about the console version is people complaining about terrible performance. :)

If there were any significant differences, I'm sure the press release would try to promote them.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Bloodlines 2 will be playable for the first time @ PDXCON 2019
Announcement video

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will be publicly playable for the first time @ Gamescom 2019
Link

---

MORDHAU sales update:
It's been one hell of a ride thus far, and it's only been 7 days. None of us would've expected this reception in our wildest dreams.
As of today MORDHAU has sold just shy of 500.000 copies and we have reached a concurrent peak of 60.000 concurrent players yesterday. These are just mindblowing numbers to us, and we still haven't fully realized that MORDHAU is currently among the top played games on Steam.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Your're probably right.
All I could find about the console version is people complaining about terrible performance. :)

If there were any significant differences, I'm sure the press release would try to promote them.
Yep, that's pretty much what I found as well.

============
For something unrelated, I've played through Chapter 2 and Tsubaki's route in Devil on G-String.
Looking back, my previous speculation about the story is pretty embarassing, haha. That's what you get when you try to do that before the opening even plays 🤦‍♂️.
It's interesting. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I've been a Pokemon fan pretty much since '96 and my interest has only waned since the 3DS entries... but I have to admit that was a compelling argument. I don't give two shits about the anime or card game though.
NGL, I get overly defensive of Digimon because it was pretty much the first anime I watched. Everyone else was watching Pokemon, Gundam or Dragon Ball, and I was just the dweeb hunkering down watching Digimon.
On a more serious note, if you haven't watched them, the Digimon Adventures (first season) and Digimon Tamers anime are still really good.
That music too. The german versions are also really good.
The only blemish on Digimon is that they kind of botched the English version of the theme song, while almost every other localized version sounds better. Even the German version of the Digimon Adventures theme is wayyy better lol.

Other than that, still a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.