Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I spoke too soon, the problem I had in dinput mode with the dpad not registering in-game (even though it registers in configuration/mapping screens) also exists in dinput mode except it's for the right shoulder button then (I played games that didn't use that to start with). I'm wondering if it's because these things register as analog axis even though they're digital but they're configured to only register a 99% analog press or something rather than a full press as in some software (like Windows device properties) every input registers in all modes but there seems to be room left to the axis display when pressing them.

Man I hope there's a fix for this, what a bummer. Going through the device axis calibration in Windows in either mode doesn't change the behavior. Halp :(
So, this might just be Mednaffe/Mednafen being weird, trying games like Tekken 7, Sonic Mania and stuff on Steam all inputs seem to work properly. Hmm.

The Beat em Up Bundle is fine also regardless of xinput/dinput mode, it was easy to figure out even with its crappy config as most games use few buttons.

Edit: the SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics configurator also had a few issues with the old simple launcher option, but mapped properly in the 3D room (although then it still only works when in a game, the inputs all do nothing in the 3D room interface so I need to launch with the keyboard or mouse).

I'm still not sure if there are potential issues with my specific pad, or the way Retro-bit have chosen to configure their controls/firmware, or the given software, or if it's just things that are expected to go wrong here and there when using non-standard gamepads, haha.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection works fine too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm don't know where to put this abd I don't wanna make a thread for it...

I learned via telephone yesterday that my little brother died in the Hospital during a procedure to stop the bleeding in his lungs. I'm having a very hard time coping with it and I don't want to lash out at anyone or cause trouble for to many of the nice people I've mete here.

I just wanted so to say I'll probably be gone for a bit until I can sort myself out, and uh whatever. It's just wrong so wrong. I thought my lil bro would bury me one day, not the other way around this is too hard.

please understand my friends.
That's horrible I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Velasco

When you escape to a desert the silence shouts
Apr 17, 2019

I learned via telephone yesterday that my little brother died in the Hospital during a procedure to stop the bleeding in his lungs. I'm having a very hard time coping with it and I don't want to lash out at anyone or cause trouble for to many of the nice people I've mete here.

I just wanted so to say I'll probably be gone for a bit until I can sort myself out, and uh whatever. It's just wrong so wrong. I thought my lil bro would bury me one day, not the other way around this is too hard.

My condolences.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania

I am so, so sorry. Stay strong, friend!

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Yeah, I’m not really feeling Risk System; maybe I’m not playing it right... I don’t know. I never really pay attention to the instructions on how to play a game; I learn as I go. This game must have some mechanics I’m not getting. YOLO!

My condolences. If you need anything, or even an ear... we are here for you. Please try and keep your head on straight, eat and hydrate, and get rest. You are strong.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
So out of the two boring open world shooters, which is better:

Metro Exodus or Rage 2?
Metro exodus wasn't boring. It was great. Sadly the epic shit happened and tarnished the game but as a game it was excellent. Glad I snatched it up on steam so I could play it, sad that I gave the publisher money.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019

I don't know what to say except the following: My condolences that this happened to you and please stay strong.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
The first 2 Metro games are among my favorite FPS ever, Exodus being a disappointment would suck, I guess I'll know when I play it, but I doubt it sucks, it's Metro afterall.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

I offer my deepest condolences. Prayers for healing.

This is a reminder that I need to call my brother.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My condolences Echo.

Nice looking stuff as well. Any reason you aren't running shocklands in any of those lists? Is it just lack of Wildcards to craft em for certain colors? I know that's holding me back from playing several Grixis lists and anything blue/white. Otherwise I'd very highly recommend them in any 2+ color deck. You can easily cut 2/2 of the basic lands and throw those in the there for bonus consistency.

I have really been enjoying Domri and Gideon from WAR as well. Gideon is like the ultimate 3 drop 4/4 and buffs your other stuff, what else do you want? And Domri just helps you pump your stuff and push out more stuff. Great card.
I dont like shocklands mainly due to having an ocd against cards that deal damage to me when i play them :p

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Druidstone is really good. I wasn't really impressed at first but, now that I got used to how the missions are structured and to each character's particular abilities and best usage, I'm kinda hooked. I've been playing all Sunday.

A simple "Druidstone" would have worked better as a title though, the lengthy "Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest" makes it sound like a hidden object game.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Thimbleweed Park is actually pretty great! Not very far but I'm more into it than I thought I would be. It feels so "cozy" somehow.
It's one of my favorite point and click adventure games of all time. I really hope Ron does more games like it, though from what he's said it wasn't very successful financially. Hopefully he got a good chunk of change from Epic when they gave it away.

Last edited:

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
I find the whole conversation about the legitimacy of using VPNs really dumb. Especially because it ignores all of the many countries in the world that should have regional pricing but don't. The prices in my country are the same as Germany. People in Germany make at least three times the money we do in my country, why should we pay the same?

My condolences man, stay strong:wd_heart:

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So, if I already own Surviving Mars on Steam, but purchase First Colony Edition through Steam as well, that would just update my copy with all the DLC, right?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Nice. Still, it's a bit crazy that it's cheaper to repurchase the entire game than just buying the missing DLC...
it happens sometimes, what can you do :p

Bethesda are especially awful about stuff like that

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Anyone else having a PS4 level delay for the first screenshot one takes? Since a few weeks it takes a few seconds for the sound and the notification to plop up when I take the first screenshot. After that it's fine.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Something that really bugs me about people who down play achievements is that i think this is same for xbox too, most achievements have an actual art image with the achievement.

Im not one to collect achievements specifically in a game (if you do that great we all enjoy things in different ways just keep it fun). But i do love this feature n i think many over look it when anyone mentions achievements

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
In an attempt to save my wrists, I've been using a controller for FPS games. I dislike using using the sticks to aim so I've been trying out gyro aim with my DS4.

It's been pretty good so far purely from an aiming standpoint. I've been wondering though is it normal to still use the right stick in conjunction with gyro? I was kind of hoping to completely stop using the right stick but it looks like I need to still use it to adjust my view. Is that just the norm where gyro is for aiming but using stick to align yourself?

I also have issues sometimes where the camera goes crazy up or down but I don't know if that's me having to adjust the sensitivity of both the gyro and in game settings. I understand I can put gyro on a button press but I was hoping in general to stop using the right stick and have it align with a mouse using experience.

How do you guys have your controller set up?

Also are there any information of a new steam controller? I've been curious about getting one but don't know if there's a new model coming out. Is the gyro better in it better than the DS4? Sometimes I notice the DS4 drifts without me moving it.

Last edited:

hankenta

Dec 9, 2018
In games like Splatoon and Zelda on Switch the right is usuallt used for wide swiping camera movements, and the gyro for fine aiming. So using both at the same is normal (and the best way to use a controller).

This reminds me I have a lot of single player Splatoon unplayed. Something to look forward to when I've finished my master's.

Reactions: Blu

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Blu The actual gyro hardware is similar between the two controllers, but the gyro implementation on the Steam Controller is miles better. Being able to activate the gyro on the touch of the touchpad helps eliminate gyro drift by naturally resetting it as you use it. Also, using gyro with a extremely accurate and responsive touchpad just feels right. I don't know if I'll ever really get comfortable with gyro with an analog stick. Thankfully, I won't ever have to.

Reactions: Blu

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
In an attempt to save my wrists, I've been using a controller for FPS games. I dislike using using the sticks to aim so I've been trying out gyro aim with my DS4.
This probably isn't really helpful on my part, but have you tried a standing desk? I switched to one a couple years ago and I had a few right arm/shoulder/wrist/neck/hip issues completely disappear. I built mine for about 30 dollars and an hour in the garage. I wanted to toss that idea out there in case it could help you.

Reactions: Blu and MJunioR

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018

So sorry about your loss. I know how hard this is, but try to stay strong.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Well that's a shame, but at least they're notifying people about the delisting. Glad I bought it last summer sale at a good discount. Phew!
Me too. Probably never gonna play it, but it's nice to have it.

So sorry to hear that :(

Please take all the time you need, take care of yourself and your loved ones, that's the most important thing right now. Whenever you feel like coming back, we'll be here to send you virtual hugs and support you however we can.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
In games like Splatoon and Zelda on Switch the right is usuallt used for wide swiping camera movements, and the gyro for fine aiming. So using both at the same is normal (and the best way to use a controller).

This reminds me I have a lot of single player Splatoon unplayed. Something to look forward to when I've finished my master's.
Yeah I figured. Was hoping for a more seamless transition from M&K but switching between gyro and stick isn't too bad.
Blu The actual gyro hardware is similar between the two controllers, but the gyro implementation on the Steam Controller is miles better. Being able to activate the gyro on the touch of the touchpad helps eliminate gyro drift by naturally resetting it as you use it. Also, using gyro with a extremely accurate and responsive touchpad just feels right. I don't know if I'll ever really get comfortable with gyro with an analog stick. Thankfully, I won't ever have to.
I figure you can do the same with the DS4 touch pad? Ideally I would like it to be on all the time in terms of just looking around and exploring on top of aiming. The problem arises when I want to make a turn then reset my controller back into neutral position making the character turn all the way back. So if I did configure it I would have to turn, turn off gyro, get myself into a neutral position, then turn it on back again. Which doesn't sound the best, unless I misinterpreted what you meant.

If the controller doesn't have a revision coming up, hopefully it goes on sale for $25 again 🙏.
This probably isn't really helpful on my part, but have you tried a standing desk? I switched to one a couple years ago and I had a few right arm/shoulder/wrist/neck/hip issues completely disappear. I built mine for about 30 dollars and an hour in the garage. I wanted to toss that idea out there in case it could help you.
I haven't actually. I don't have the necessary tools or the money at the moment but I will keep it in mind, thank you.

I do try and sit up right but the desk is just a tiny bit higher than my chair so my arms kind of elevated on the desk.

Don't know if that's what's cause the discomfort lately.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Deepest condolences Echo. We're here for you!

I dont like shocklands mainly due to having an ocd against cards that deal damage to me when i play them :p
Then just do what I end up doing 90%+ of the time. Play them tapped on T1 haha.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I haven't actually. I don't have the necessary tools or the money at the moment but I will keep it in mind, thank you.

I do try and sit up right but the desk is just a tiny bit higher than my chair so my arms kind of elevated on the desk.

Don't know if that's what's cause the discomfort lately.
Yeah sounds like what I used to do too. My hand slightly was up too high. I had sorta weird desk setups for a long time, had a lot of mouse side injuries that I figured was due to other things. I never thought moving my hand around 3 inches and clicking would matter much because it's such a small motion. But it made a huge difference to me to get my body lined up the way it mechanically works - like where I have zero injury now and my posture feels right. Hope you can sort it out.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
From the bottom of my heart I wanted to thank you all for your kind words. It's really tough but to just see so many reach out, whenever I felt like breaking down today I would scroll these last two pages and it helped me to feel not so alone. I feel like the emotions come in waves. I'm fine for an hour and a wreck the next.

For now I am just trying to keep myself distracted and busy, anything to keep my mind from wandering too far. This might sound weird, but every night before bed I hope and pray to see my brother in my dreams and each night he has come to me. I don't usually remember my dreams but these are vivid... man it sounds so stupid and childish once you type it out.

I must steel myself for the funeral, but we're still unsure when it will be as many people will be traveling from far and wide. But again I just wanted to thank you all. I will try hard to join you all in normal conversation again soon. It will probably be therapeutic to get things back on track as soon as possible.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
From the bottom of my heart I wanted to thank you all for your kind words. It's really tough but to just see so many reach out, whenever I felt like breaking down today I would scroll these last two pages and it helped me to feel not so alone. I feel like the emotions come in waves. I'm fine for an hour and a wreck the next.

For now I am just trying to keep myself distracted and busy, anything to keep my mind from wandering too far. This might sound weird, but every night before bed I hope and pray to see my brother in my dreams and each night he has come to me. I don't usually remember my dreams but these are vivid... man it sounds so stupid and childish once you type it out.

I must steel myself for the funeral, but we're still unsure when it will be as many people will be traveling from far and wide. But again I just wanted to thank you all. I will try hard to join you all in normal conversation again soon. It will probably be therapeutic to get things back on track as soon as possible.
Take your time, and we're here for you.
:wd_heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.