Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

I think the game is showing a harsher picture of its difficulty than reality with its first mission, the rest as been far easier for me (with occasional spikes and I'm sure it can be though as nail on variant missions).
I told you... ;)

How are things going with your character?

Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So this is fucking hilarious. Someone at that big hacker forum (check crackwatch) found out that you can download MW2 Remastered on Battle.net by simply pasting in a command in the "goal" part of the battle.exe properties. And they made a MW2CR.exe (game.exe) crack replacement for the game. So you can literally download the game on Battle.net and replace the game.exe with the cracked one and play the game with the files you download from Battle.net client.

what the fuck
lame ass shit protection by Acti

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Deleted member 113

I have been missing a lot of game launches... :unsure:

I only noticed today that Japanese indie developer ASTRO PORT released a new game on Steam in February.
It looks pretty cool, and it's currently on sale:

---

Also, their older games switched publishers on Steam (from Nyu Media, to Henteko Doujin), and there's a bundle with their 7 previous games available, also currently on sale:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I told you... ;)

How are things going with your character?
Level 12 I think. As I said far easier than the first mission make it appear. Good environments and the relative variety in objectives is welcome.
I think that's definitely a game that won't appeal to everyone, if you are very sensible to repetition for example, but for now I don't care. It plays good, and the 'short' levels make chaining them appealing.
Plot is tired but there is a surprising care about worldbuilding, which is nice.

All I can say is : moar !

On a related topic I'm really struggling when it's time to allot my xp points. I know war is Strength / Vitality, but that's forgetting the importance of Piety a little too quick. And then Agility doesn't look bad either. Only one I suppose is not a priority but could still be interesting sometimes is Magic as it covers magic resistance.

Main letdown right now would surely be the lack of things to craft. You get good weapon drops and they seem to be out of my upgrade / money reach.
And the black market seems to be for later indeed. So I'm showering in loot I can't use, not the end of the world but... I think I need to play moar !

Reactions: Deleted member 113

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Damn playing FFII made me buy FFIII-FFIX. What's wrong with me, can't stop. Should I buy also rest of them o_O

Reactions: texhnolyze

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
PlayWay, the publisher who has a lot of those "simulators" available on Steam (Thief Simulator, Cooking Simulator, Car Mechanic Simulator, you get the idea), and who frequently crowdfunds their games on Kickstarter, has an upcoming game that might be more interesting than their usual releases:

Yeah, I've had Com 85 Wishlisted for a while looks really sweet.

On a side note, PlayWay are legit good Sim publishers.

Their productions are decidedly budget titles. But they have passion & heart behind the large bulk of them.

Just a few selections that I've absolutely loved and would recommend to anyone.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I always wonder why stuff like that never pops up during development or playtesting, because it seems to be a common complaint.
Does noone involved actually mind? Are they aware, but just don't want to bother implementing it or it's somehow really complex?
I don't really understand it either.

It might be one of those "the perfect is the enemy of the good" cases. In most engines, it's pretty simple (very simple, really) to add a basic turbo toggle. The fact that you can often just do it using cheat engine should be an indicator of that. In ToCS1 it probably took me a day to get the basics working, another one for the fancy on-screen indicator, and a few extra hours of QA fixes.

However, there are a few things that might be very hard to do perfectly. Primarily, sound effects and voice acting. You basically have the option of (i) just playing them normally, (ii) trying to fade them out quickly, or (iii) trying to speed them up. (iii) will sound weird and needs work, and (ii) also needs work. (i) doesn't need any work, but will mean that there are sound effects playing for longer / after they should. Maybe some developers really don't want any of that. But it has never bothered me, and if it really bothers someone they can simply not use the turbo mode.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Unrelated, but I'm incredibly baffled at how utterly terrible Humble is at presenting Choice.
Like, it is literally impossible to get a list of all games available without knowing the direct link if you are not subscribed.
I repeat, if you are not already a subscriber of Humble Choice, they do not show you a list of all your possible choices before you have to subscribe, unless you get the direct link from google or reddit or something.
How fucking bad do you have to be to design something like this. I can't comprehend it.
Even the email link does not take you directly there. I have to hunt around, and eventually realize "oh yeah, it's under manage subscription or something." Last time, I actually checked this forum first to see what the games were because it was faster. Maybe they're like, well, you'll probably be disappointed anyway, so let's just go right to the manage page so you can pause while you're here. Do you want to pause first and then see the games, or ...?

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
The more time I spend playing Battle Chasers Nightwar, the more clear it is to me how much less I would enjoy the game without a turbo toggle. I now have ~10 hours more in-game time than Steam tracked playtime. That's 10 hours I would have spent moving slooooowly over the world map or re-re-re-re-rewatching battle animations.
I'm starting it and read about the slow walk animations and battles. What did you use?

EDIT: also about SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions , is it basically a VN with good battles?

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Unrelated, but I'm incredibly baffled at how utterly terrible Humble is at presenting Choice.
Like, it is literally impossible to get a list of all games available without knowing the direct link if you are not subscribed.
I repeat, if you are not already a subscriber of Humble Choice, they do not show you a list of all your possible choices before you have to subscribe, unless you get the direct link from google or reddit or something.
How fucking bad do you have to be to design something like this. I can't comprehend it.
Yeah. This is true and strange. Ive never subbed to Humble but was tempted this month and when i went to the website i couldnt find the list of games that i could pick from. I just put it down to me not searching the page correctly but it meant that i just went....meh and moved on.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Do you want to pause first and then see the games, or ...?
😅

that is probably very accurate

but yeah, Humble Choice is terribly presented. But Humble Monthly was, too! It was always about the upcoming games - finding the ones you just unlocked was always harder to do than seeing the ones coming in a month.

Reactions: Ascheroth

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
meanwhile at Timmy's

I mean that's basically what Fortnite is becoming at things point. In the future will it still even be a "game". I don't know what has happened and if it was fixed but I have heard a lot of people complaining about the competitive mode. And how they are not taking that seriously. I know that in some groups people talk about Valorant vs CS:GO but what about Valorant vs Fortnite? I think Valorant is going to be on consoles at some point isn't it? And seeing how it's going to be free to play and all of that will that game potentially take some of Fortnites audience?

The advertisement part of Fortnite seems to be very important to Epic, isn't one of the reasons that Fallen Order is on EGS because of Fortnite and events that Disney has done on Fortnite?

Technically even VRChat does advertisement and stuff with real world companies and all of that but it's in a way more limited capacity, There was the VRM4 event this past weekend that happened and that you could purchase a 2B avatar for a measly ¥10,000.

and more importantly - if it does, will they be using steamVR? :p
I think you mean it will be using OpenVR, which Tim will just rename it to EpicVR because Epics vision for VR is much grander or some other weird thing like that (well at least they are doing VR stuff with Unreal Engine so some work is doing done on their part)
I can´t find the download link :cryblob: I think I´m getting too old for the internet.

Edit: Found it
This is going to get taken down fast, also can you can PM me the link?

Deleted member 113

So, with the Golden Week sale approaching its end, did you buy anything good?

There were a few Japanese games, or DLCs, I wanted to buy, if they were discounted:
-I wanted Granblue Fantasy: Versus, but sadly it will have to wait. There was no discount.
-I wanted to buy Langrisser I & II, and I did end buying it, but from Humble, with the additional subscriber discount.
-I wanted to buy the Fire Pro Wrestling World DLCs I was missing. I did end buy buying those, despite one of them not having any discount.

So, I got 2 of the 3 things that were on top of my list, in terms of Japanese gaming. :)

I did end up getting a couple of "unexpected things":
-I got Hero must die. again, a game I was more or less unaware of (I previously saw the icon on Steam, and thought it was yet another RPG Maker game from Degica). I like developer Pyramid, and the concept sounds really cool. A hero that is dying, and loses strength as he approaches the end of his life/time limit. And also, the fact that it's an RPG that takes just a couple of hours or so for a single playthrough, but the idea here is to replay the game over and over (Groundhog Day style :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:), so you get to unlock more party members, more quest branches, and experience more of the 50+ endings/funerals, with each playthrough.
-I got the rest of the Groove Coaster DLCs I was missing, using that "complete the bundle" option. I figure, since plenty of tracks are licensed, some of them may be gone one of these days, and since the discount on these DLCs was the highest it has been so far, I bought them.
As a result of that, I seriously apologize to everyone in my friend's list, since when they check their activity feed today, my list of purchases is taking almost the whole screen. No, I did not buy 100+ games, it was just a whole lot of Groove Coaster DLCs. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I already had a significant "backlog" of recent releases to play (I'm yet to start Disaster Report 4, for example), and with the games I'm currently playing (Dandy Dungeon, Dragon Marked For Death, ...), and these new additions, I guess I'm covered for quite some time. :giggle:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Which class did you pick ? We are Shinobi Witch Warrior, so the fourth one would be perfect, but feel no obligation to play that one as I'm sure the game plays great even in other configurations.
I think the game is showing a harsher picture of its difficulty than reality with its first mission, the rest as been far easier for me (with occasional spikes and I'm sure it can be though as nail on variant missions).
I saw that and I ended up picking Empress. She seem interesting anyways. So we'll have a full team. I can totally see it being difficult soloing as a Warrior. Maybe we can try and unlock the Bandit and see that's more your style?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm starting it and read about the slow walk animations and battles. What did you use?
Cheat engine speedhack (with keyboard shortcuts, and mapped those keyboard shortcuts to the steam controller).

EDIT: also about SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions , is it basically a VN with good battles?
I wouldn't really call it a VN, you also have quite a bit of (gameplay) choice of what to do while running around the world map. It's basically a JRPG without area maps.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So, with the Golden Week sale approaching its end, did you buy anything good?

There were a few Japanese games, or DLCs, I wanted to buy, if they were discounted:
-I wanted Granblue Fantasy: Versus, but sadly it will have to wait. There was no discount.
-I wanted to buy Langrisser I & II, and I did end buying it, but from Humble, with the additional subscriber discount.
-I wanted to buy the Fire Pro Wrestling World DLCs I was missing. I did end buy buying those, despite one of them not having any discount.

So, I got 2 of the 3 things that were on top of my list, in terms of Japanese gaming. :)

I did end up getting a couple of "unexpected things":
-I got Hero must die. again, a game I was more or less unaware of (I previously saw the icon on Steam, and thought it was yet another RPG Maker game from Degica). I like developer Pyramid, and the concept sounds really cool. A hero that is dying, and loses strength as he approaches the end of his life/time limit. And also, the fact that it's an RPG that takes just a couple of hours or so for a single playthrough, but the idea here is to replay the game over and over (Groundhog Day style :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:), so you get to unlock more party members, more quest branches, and experience more of the 50+ endings/funerals, with each playthrough.
-I got the rest of the Groove Coaster DLCs I was missing, using that "complete the bundle" option. I figure, since plenty of tracks are licensed, some of them may be gone one of these days, and since the discount on these DLCs was the highest it has been so far, I bought them.
As a result of that, I seriously apologize to everyone in my friend's list, since when they check their activity feed today, my list of purchases is taking almost the whole screen. No, I did not buy 100+ games, it was just a whole lot of Groove Coaster DLCs. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I already had a significant "backlog" of recent releases to play (I'm yet to start Disaster Report 4, for example), and with the games I'm currently playing (Dandy Dungeon, Dragon Marked For Death, ...), and these new additions, I guess I'm covered for quite some time. :giggle:
I wanted to buy the Atelier Arland bundle, but unfortunately they weren't on sale. :confounded-face: Will have to pick them up during the summer sale then I guess.
So I ended up getting the Square Enix bundle (already had DQ11, so FF12, Chrono Trigger and Oninaki it was) and Moonless Knight instead.
I also bought The House in Fata Morgana as a gift for a friend.
Funnily enough Oninaki is probably the "worst" game from the bundle yet it's the one I was curious about the most and I'm having a very good time.

The soundtrack rocks

and the 2D character art is chefs kiss (just got my 2nd ghost companion earlier)

I did have to fiddle a bit with Steam Input because the controller stuff is somewhat broken annoyingly. (Triggers sometimes are not responsive and require you to unplug and replug your controller as a fix and the right stick for swapping daemons was not working for me either).
I uploaded the config though in case anyone else runs into the same troubles :)
Thank god Steam Input exists.

Between those games and this month's Choice I have quite enough "shiny new stuff" to keep myself busy with :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
So this is fucking hilarious. Someone at that big hacker forum (check crackwatch) found out that you can download MW2 Remastered on Battle.net by simply pasting in a command in the "goal" part of the battle.exe properties. And they made a MW2CR.exe (game.exe) crack replacement for the game. So you can literally download the game on Battle.net and replace the game.exe with the cracked one and play the game with the files you download from Battle.net client.

what the fuck
lame ass shit protection by Acti
Reminds me a lot of Nintendo’s and Sony’s asset servers. A lot of places don’t consider the data secure and simply check locally for credentials.
I wanna replay this. But I think I'm gonna wait until someone mods in 4K textures or RTX :blobeyes:
Oh shit and you know people will at least do unlocked frame rate mods.

Reactions: lashman

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Cheat engine speedhack (with keyboard shortcuts, and mapped those keyboard shortcuts to the steam controller).

I wouldn't really call it a VN, you also have quite a bit of (gameplay) choice of what to do while running around the world map. It's basically a JRPG without area maps.
I see thanks, I imagine cheat engine is ok to use with steam ?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Is any other Windows 7 Shadow user seeing it completely crap the bed today? Error 135 when trying to connect here and it nuked itself for no reason earlier.

I'm kind of miffed about it given how often it breaks lately.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I see thanks, I imagine cheat engine is ok to use with steam ?
I mean, you are only really attaching it to the game, and it's a single player game without VAC or anything like that. Steam doesn't even notice.

At least so far, Valve isn't running an always-on driver to see if you are untrustworthy :p

Reactions: Swenhir

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I saw that and I ended up picking Empress. She seem interesting anyways. So we'll have a full team. I can totally see it being difficult soloing as a Warrior. Maybe we can try and unlock the Bandit and see that's more your style?
Oh I wouldn't say I don't like it. At first I was a little underwhelmed by the... non fluidity of the attack options ? I mean, maybe it's because I'm playing DMC V at the same time, but why on earth can't I chain an attack and bam protection bubble ? Some (very little) time is needed between actions or you can't execute them. Frustrating on the first boss for example where as a warrior I'm meant to attack like mad, but at the first sign of a counter attack I must first stop attacking then protecting, or the bubble goes the way of the dodo.
I'm used to it but now I'm just worried about my usefulness in a team. The game is quite solo friendly and I wonder about what I can bring to the table. Aggro for one is certain, but the protection/heal bubble get exhausted so fast that I wouldn't count too much on it if I were you :anguished-face:

I nitpick, but it's seriously addicting if you can get past the inherent repetition of the gameplay.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Did anyone here buy Rune2 at launch? I want to know if the new Lazarus update actually provides a game worth playing or if it's still way in the hole. I just don't want to drop $30 on EGS for 1, and two if it;s still busted or another

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Or alternatively, a JRPG where the world map is the area map.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Maybe Steam announcement there?
I mean, from now on all games should be announced for Steam, yeah, about EA Access? maybe as it's still coming but no update in terms of dates. Maybe they will just say "Available now" or something like that,

Reactions: ISee

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, there you have it, SEGA is releasing "Yakuza like a dragon" on Steam soon

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

IF THIS IS FAKE I WILL KILL YOU

I AM SO GODDAMN HOPING ITLL BE A DAY ONE RELEASE

SEGA YOU KINGS PLS :D :D :D :D :D

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019

Oh yes

edit: since someone reccomended it, Lobotomy corporation is 50% off

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Haven't played the other games yet, but fuck yes.

Deleted member 113

Like a Dragon, like pretty much everything SEGA has been releasing in terms of console ports (in particular by the Yakuza team), is a day one purchase for me. :)

But, not to sound "ungrateful" (especially after recently complaining about the lack of SEGA ports), but skipping from 2 to 7 is a bit leap.

Does this game have many connections, and is actually a sequel to the previous ones, or, while sharing the same universe, is a new series?

Status
Not open for further replies.