Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Talking about GameGuard reminded me of the early 2000s when I used to play a bunch of asian f2p games.

And now I´m playing Pangya again after more then 15 years.:face-without-mouth:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Really looking forward to the Steam summer sale. Got 719 games on my wishlist. Hoping for a big purge.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Dirt Rally 2 is on sale, Is that a good one to jump in on? Or should i be looking at Dirt 4 (or 5)?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, I've been playing MMOs since the early 2000s. You all publishers/developers can have my PC, just let me play the games.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Started Wintermoor Tactics Club and I am liking it. It uses a combat system that may remind some of XCOM EU. Basically you have your units and they have their unique set of abilities, for example
Alicia is a mage and her ranged magic spell can actually hit multiple enemies long as they are grouped close to each other. She has low health though
Jacob is a rogue and deals good damage and can move farther on the battlefield

The game's story follows a PnP RPG club that discovers that the school faculty has pitted all the clubs against each other and the losing club will be closed down. Battles are enacted like a PnP RPG field with a turn based system. Game is rather chill and the writing is nice. It is a 'budgeted' looking game since there the animations leave much to be desired but overall I am liking it.
Also, Jacob is totally a younger lashman

Deleted member 113

Recently, the first game/episode from a "quirky" series of games became free-to-play, so if anyone is looking for something new to play, this one is worth a look:

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Okay, did my first battle in Monster Train. It's really good, feels like Slay the Spire (which I love), but with more depth. It also feels kinda hard, so I assume it has somewhat of a steeper learning curve too.

The game seems to be doing extremely well too on Steam.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

New Repeat Fest tomorrow.
I was wondering what was up with Fanatical, there hasn't been a new bundle in a while.
And hey, while they are repeats there's usually at least 1 new one that is very good :)

lashman alert: Here's a custom build of the steamgrid tool that Durante mentioned with an optional --forcesteam flag that removes previously downloaded custom images if an official version is found. Note: that applies to ALL custom images, not only the ones downloaded via the tool, so do NOT use this if you manually "curate" your library assets!

Code:
.\steamgrid.exe -steamdir "PATH/TO/STEAM" -steamgriddb API_KEY --onlymissingartwork --forcesteam
is what you want to use for your use case of "download only missing artwork but revert to official one if it one was uploaded in the meantime"

it should work from what I've tested, but I might have overlooked something - I haven't done anything with that programming language before :D

(also while I did this I added an --appids flag (--appids appid1,appird2,etc) with which you can run it for specific games only (was useful for testing :p ), that already went into the latest official release too).

Go is a weird language, not sure how much I like it :thinking-face:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Well, okay. That's not even bad because it so clearly benefits the consumer by getting a $40 game for free, but it's just... well... dumb. SNK are just incredibly bizarre.
It's like SNK is hard coded to use PC as a retirement home for their games even when having a simultaneous release.

• Toucan
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
lashman alert: Here's a custom build of the steamgrid tool that Durante mentioned with an optional --forcesteam flag that removes previously downloaded custom images if an official version is found. Note: that applies to ALL custom images, not only the ones downloaded via the tool, so do NOT use this if you manually "curate" your library assets!

Code:
.\steamgrid.exe -steamdir "PATH/TO/STEAM" -steamgriddb API_KEY --onlymissingartwork --forcesteam
is what you want to use for your use case of "download only missing artwork but revert to official one if it one was uploaded in the meantime"

it should work from what I've tested, but I might have overlooked something - I haven't done anything with that programming language before :D

(also while I did this I added an --appids flag (--appids appid1,appird2,etc) with which you can run it for specific games only (was useful for testing :p ), that already went into the latest official release too).

Cool! You should make a pull request in the original repo if you haven't already. (Though it probably makes more sense once the onlymissingartwork stuff is merged)

I'm not a Go fan either.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Code:

omg, YESSSS!!!!

thank you!!!!!!!

:wd_heart:

Edit:

oh no

Code:
You need permission
:negative-blob:

Reactions: Ascheroth

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
June is gonna be crazy for PC. Satisfactory (cmon now), Journey, Outer Wilds, Griftlands, Hardspace: Shipbreaker, Command & Conquer, Valorant (not on Steam, but Im gonna try it anyway, at least it's not on Steam because some exclusivity bullshit), C&C Remastered and Desperados 3.

And TLOU 2 as the only console game for me (lolz).

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Posted it in my weekly Newspeek posted today ;)

If you're a regular user of this forum, you may not discover a lot of releases, videos and articles (mostly in english), but hey, who knows :unsure:

Thats cool! Though I do not speak French xD.

ravenholm looked so good!
It had plenty of cool ideas, too bad we will never get it.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Cool! You should make a pull request in the original repo if you haven't already. (Though it probably makes more sense once the onlymissingartwork stuff is merged)

I'm not a Go fan either.
That's the plan, yep.

omg, YESSSS!!!!

thank you!!!!!!!

:wd_heart:

Edit:

oh no

Code:
You need permission
:negative-blob:
Huh. Maybe you need to run cmd with admin rights.

Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Is Strash an existing word? Because i never heard it.
I can't even find a meaning on the Internet either.

€: Apparently it's the Name of an attack in DQ odd choice

Like calling a game Shin Megami Tensei: Mabufudyne or Final Fantasy: Hastega

Reactions: Durante

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
The banner says 27th, but the linked article says it's 28th. Which is it?

Either way I hope at least one bundle will be good
I think their graphics department screwed up. It's either today or tomorrow, it doesn't really matter too much. We'll know in a couple of hours.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
That's a way to greatly devalue a game at release :face-with-rolling-eyes:

What's going to be in the collection?
Considering the collection on PS2 had Sam Sho 1-SIX and this only has 1-5, I’d say the value of this should be free...

No Iroha it’s literally worthless.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Code:

This is amazing! Thanks you!

Reactions: lashman

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Started Wintermoor Tactics Club and I am liking it. It uses a combat system that may remind some of XCOM EU. Basically you have your units and they have their unique set of abilities, for example
Alicia is a mage and her ranged magic spell can actually hit multiple enemies long as they are grouped close to each other. She has low health though
Jacob is a rogue and deals good damage and can move farther on the battlefield

The game's story follows a PnP RPG club that discovers that the school faculty has pitted all the clubs against each other and the losing club will be closed down. Battles are enacted like a PnP RPG field with a turn based system. Game is rather chill and the writing is nice. It is a 'budgeted' looking game since there the animations leave much to be desired but overall I am liking it.
Also, Jacob is totally a younger lashman
I was a little disappointed by how simple the tactics were, but I played the whole thing anyways. It was just so charming, and the story escalates in a wild way.

However... Jacob = lashman? :thinking-blob:

Minor postgame spoiler: It is revealed that Jacob grows up to be Banksy.

I mean, I've never seen the two of them post at the same time... so I guess it checks out. :detectiveblob:

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis and lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
nProtect GameGuard is as good of an anti cheat as a plane is as good as a submarine.
And it's not even the worst. I remember this one anti cheat that even block Geforce Experience/Shadowplay and Discord from running.
Talking about GameGuard reminded me of the early 2000s when I used to play a bunch of asian f2p games.

And now I´m playing Pangya again after more then 15 years.:face-without-mouth:
I missed Pangya, there is no other game like that :blobclosecry:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
[UWSL]I missed Pangya, there is no other game like that [/UWSL]:blobclosecry:
You mean on PC right? Because there’s always Hot Shots Golf / Minna no Golf. Speaking of, PS2 emulation still has tiny but annoying performance problems in these titles from my experience. :/

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Someone on XboxERA has this to say about inXile's big RPG project:

They are shooting for the top of the RPG genre regarding production values (and in almost all departments - they are very conscious where their weakness are at the moment). Project plan and team framework is still in production.

I know for a fact that animation, film experience, physics/destruction (very important), highly detailed humans, animals, environments (realistic tones with fine artistic touches) are all on the table as priorities/elements in this phase (systems/gameplay are almost covered). In all these departments they plan to be no 1. RPG studio with this project. It's very ambitious and really important for team to scale-up at these skills/qualities/elements in early phase. They are rapidly changing internal perspective on how to make modern RPGs. (pipelines, but also they are switching some other perspectives :)

Also, as a highlight they plan to have very very strong motion capture team.

Game is still in very early development and core team is yet to be finalised, few key senior positions are still missing for larger scale production. They are waiting for seniors and team on Wasteland 3 to integrate them in core team for new project and further expand to unlock first phase of full production. Later on they plan to further expand and outsource.

I don't know if it's new IP or existing at this moment, but those are the tones/elements that they are searching for.

Also, atmosphere in team is excellent and they are really confident. This game will be on whole new level for XGS, whole team believes that.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
In general email list are just weird. I can't remember what year it was, maybe 2012 or 2013 or something (it was definitely before 2014 at least). I ended up buying this game called colors! For the Nintendo 3DS entertainment system, I just got an email from the devs mentioned how I previously purchased the game and that they are doing a Kickstarter for a N/S version of the game.

After reading through the email some more I guess they have my contact information (I use multiple emails) because you need to make an account to play the game (share art?) the game.

Its sort of weird, since I don't recall making an account, I wonder if there are other devs that email people years later about a new game that they are working on since I think this is a one person studio, seeing how this person also works on other games but does this on the side.

I'm trying to download that PSO2 game and it has not gone well, I had it downloading last night and it froze, so time wasted. I don't think I will actually play the game but I do want to at least try it out sort of a thing.

I play DQ and I don't recall that move.

Epic giving away that one game for free is pretty crazy. It might give Samurai Showdown a player base after all on EGS, but they are still charging a lot of money and the season pass stuff is not free, so there is that as well
-----

why didn't they just add the game through the Xbox game launcher? or is that no better than the MS store? I just thought I heard people had less of a hassle when downloading games that way

Status
Not open for further replies.