Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Beyerdynamic Costum Studio than. It's the same, just a bit cheaper because it has no mike included.

edit: juust saw that they have the DT990 Black in a sale right now for 140€. Take that.
Yea they don't ship here. I can buy locally for 210$ >.>

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I'm trying to download that PSO2 game and it has not gone well, I had it downloading last night and it froze, so time wasted. I don't think I will actually play the game but I do want to at least try it out sort of a thing.
At this point I think it's easier to install the JP version (using the modded launcher that is used for the english fan patch) than the NA version. The biggest barrier of entry there is probably creating an account, which needs you to go through an hiragana captcha.

• Toucan
Reactions: Ascheroth

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018

The image and name is correct in the overlay/client but it's all wrong on the community page. It wasn't even the "Hit The Beach" achievement that was unlocked, but "Flyover Country". Weird. For clarification, Halo is the second map and The Silent Cartographer is the forth map, so it unlocked the achievement that has the right image in the community page but wrong description.

Reactions: QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
At this point I think it's easier to install the JP version (using the modded launcher that is used for the english fan patch) than the NA version. The biggest barrier of entry there is probably creating an account, which needs you to go through an hiragana captcha.
nah, that seems like 2 much of a hassle just for a game that I might play for maybe 2 hours and then stop playing.

If the download fails this time around then I think I will just not bother

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Wow, Trackmania requiring a subscription for user content but otherwise F2P? I’m out.

They’ve split up the content so that you pay $30 a year for a single track style of what you used to get for a one time $10 or $20 fee... This is basically Trackmania 3 Stadium, 2 Stadium was a one time $10 fee...

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I somehow managed to download PSO2

so it turns out the admin thing is a warning on the store for a lot of games (?) but for some reason when I clicked "install" nothing happened and I was thinking it was due to that, I tried a lot of stuff and I'm assuming SOMETHING fixed the issue, because there WAS one, just I have no idea what since the store literally did NOTHING when I clicked install.
Weird, but alright I guess.

After that for some reason the store didn't want to install the game in any other drive except for the C drive, weird, turns out I had to delete an already existing WindowsApp folder in my other drive, which was preventing the store from actually installing stuff somehow, I guessed it was this because when I told the store to install any other new app in the other drive it told me it'd be necessary to wipe all the other apps installed there except it couldn't delete them when I told it to :toucan:

I figure that was probably due to permissions and that was a leftover from my previous windows 10 installation before the format, probably left there since my previous messing around with gamepass/xbox app.

Anyway I wrestled with permissions until I could nuke the old folder and everything went off without a hitch then.

I suppose this whole ordeal would have been massively better if MS didn't try to reinvent the wheel and released a simple client like ubisoft/ea/blizzard instead of this abominable thing that seems to get finnicky with account/permissions.
It probably would help if it linked to a FAQ with potential fixes when errors/issues occurred.

Now one nice thing,I hate regionlocks and Steam as far as regionlocking goes is locked down like fort knox, on the MS store I bypassed the NA only release simply by using the web browser version and telling it to install PSO2 at which point I clicked the prompt to use the store (similar to when steam asks to open the client bootstrapper if you select "play" from a web browser) and the game would download.
So at least for that the store is nice I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee and texhnolyze
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wow, Trackmania requiring a subscription for user content but otherwise F2P? I’m out.

They’ve split up the content so that you pay $30 a year for a single track style of what you used to get for a one time $10 or $20 fee... This is basically Trackmania 3 Stadium, 2 Stadium was a one time $10 fee...
ubi are determined to kill Trackmania for good ...

also - my money's on next Trials being sub-only as well

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Ubisoft cannot handle this franchise for shit. As someone who absolutely fucking loves Shootmania and Trackmania, seeing them constantly do shit like this actually hurts. It never stops getting worse.

Just make Trackmania 3 with 3-4 environments for $60 Jesus christ did they not learn ANYTHING from TM2?

Guess ill stick with Canyon and Storm per usual.

Nabs

HyperË—Toxic ProË—Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

I'm so happy I never got into Trackmania. They make the most confusing decisions with that IP.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

I'm tired of this bullshit. The seller is a piece of shit, Kinguin is siding with the seller. And Paypal seem to be heading that way.
Imma gonna sell you a beta key, but it's just like the regular game. It's not the same thing for Steam ? Who cares ? Repeat after me, same game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I used to get several booster packs per month. This was like 3-4 years ago.

Nowadays I get a pack every 3 or 4 months lol. Maybe its because I rarely craft badges anymore or maybe the Steam population has grown so much recently that the odds of getting anything are very low.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Speaking of MMOs, it makes me so sad that Everquest next never became a thing, it really seemed to become the next step in MMORPGs, hell even the minecraft clone they made was pretty good!
Likewise, it looked amazing!
And it's not even the worst. I remember this one anti cheat that even block Geforce Experience/Shadowplay and Discord from running.

I missed Pangya, there is no other game like that :blobclosecry:
And then people wonder why we aren't okay with the games industry routinely accessing this level of privilege :p. We know how they ship games, the magnitudes of the impact for fucking up is multiplied tenfold when running a driver. That's just one of the reasons I'm really against it.

Reactions: ISee and Le Pertti

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
How come?

I regularly get a booster pack at least twice a month. Joined in 2011 and now at level 90.
I dont know. Im at level 37 so maybe i need to get that higher to increase the odds. I only recently (in the last 3-4 years) started bothering with making badges.

Deleted member 113

I dont know. Im at level 37 so maybe i need to get that higher to increase the odds. I only recently (in the last 3-4 years) started bothering with making badges.
Nah, forget about it.

I'm level 119, I have 214 bagdes, and I get no boosters, at all. Nothing.
I used to get occasionally a few several years ago. Now, it's been years since I got one.

Clearly, buying a lot of stuff on Steam, playing games until all cards drop (actually playing them, not running a tool), crafting badges, and increasing my level, is not enough.
Those odds (if I remember correctly, each level was supposed to increase my odds by 10%, I believe) are rather funny, considering I got more badges as level 20, than I have 100 levels later.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
That's weird. I get about 1 booster a month. I sold a few during the Christmas sale and I still have around 30 in my inventory, from the past couple of years. I'm lvl 50ish.

According to the stats, I have 240 games eligible for drops. That's about half my collection.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
As I understand, booster packs are sent out each time someone crafts a badge. So it depends on what games one has also to get booster packs to and how often people craft badges for them.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
As I understand, booster packs are sent out each time someone crafts a badge. So it depends on what games one has also to get booster packs to and how often people craft badges for them.
Yeah, this is my understanding as well. It's far less about your Steam level, and far more about the games you own. It can also easily change over time, as people craft less badges for some games, and more for others.

Reactions: Le Pertti

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Oh my god I got a booster pack! Pretty sure that's my first one ever. Joined Steam 2004. Was for Mutant Year Zero.

Woo! Bless you Gaben.
The last few booster packs I've gotten were from crappy games that have long been banned from steam so I can't sell them. I now have 88 cards including a foil that I can't sell. I get boosters every 4 days, 16 hours and 38 minutes without fail. You could set your clock by it.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Monster Train is fantastic, but I despise its progression system. I get rolling out content over multiple runs in a roguelike to ease players in, but the drip-feed here is painfully slow. Just give me the cards and let me play already. I do not understand why so many people like these tedious systems grafted onto games.

It feels extra egregious in Monster Train, since the game is gating simpler cards behind the unlocks while giving you the more complex stuff up front. The default Umbra card pool has stuff like: "Do A, but then also generate B Morsels of C or D rarities". Then I narrowly lose my first Umbra run and unlock "Making of a Morsel", a simple card that makes one Morsel of a specific type. When a card like that is gated but stuff like Gem Trove isn't, it makes the progression feel less like a way to help the new-player-experience and more like a waste of my time. (I'm also salty because I lost due to a lack of scaling, and that card might've been enough to get me over the hump.)

So yeah, great game, but I'd be a lot happier if I could just skip this grind.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

After two decades, Nightdive Studios is rebooting and re-imagining the original System Shock. We will keep the new game true to the classic experience, keeping all the things you loved while giving today's gamers the modern look and feel expected from a AAA title.

This Alpha Demo will give you a brief preview of the game. Please keep in mind this is a very early demo, so performance, content, etc is not final.
Supposed to go live on Steam too but it's not up yet.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Nah, forget about it.

I'm level 119, I have 214 bagdes, and I get no boosters, at all. Nothing.
I used to get occasionally a few several years ago. Now, it's been years since I got one.

Clearly, buying a lot of stuff on Steam, playing games until all cards drop (actually playing them, not running a tool), crafting badges, and increasing my level, is not enough.
Those odds (if I remember correctly, each level was supposed to increase my odds by 10%, I believe) are rather funny, considering I got more badges as level 20, than I have 100 levels later.
I dont feel so unlucky now lol.

• Toucan
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

I'm tired of this bullshit. The seller is a piece of shit, Kinguin is siding with the seller. And Paypal seem to be heading that way.
Imma gonna sell you a beta key, but it's just like the regular game. It's not the same thing for Steam ? Who cares ? Repeat after me, same game.
It's weird I've gotten beta keys for games and they end up just fine. It's how Inti Creates made their free DLC available when you purchase their game (this is still about Dragon Marked for Death key correct)? If they made the key as a free on the store page it would've worked out just fine but since it was bundled up together it seems to have made this much more difficult.

Though I don't know how you feel about having a 'beta' key vs a store copy on your list of games through your account settings

Reactions: Li Kao

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
GOG has a bunch of allegedly new demos available exclusively (for now) on their store. I say "allegedly" because at least four of the games here (System Shock, Cris Tales, Spiritfarer, Carrion) have/had demos on Steam already, and I'm not sure exactly how much has changed.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
It's weird I've gotten beta keys for games and they end up just fine. It's how Inti Creates made their free DLC available when you purchase their game (this is still about Dragon Marked for Death key correct)? If they made the key as a free on the store page it would've worked out just fine but since it was bundled up together it seems to have made this much more difficult.

Though I don't know how you feel about having a 'beta' key vs a store copy on your list of games through your account settings
Yeah, the game peculiar steam structure is the elephant in the room.
But after a month of bullshit this is beginning to seriously tingle my anti-consumer sense. And when Paypal is starting to serve me bullshit like we need moar proofs, while I have sent them a screenshot of my license page stating plainly this is a beta key, I can't say I'm in a good mood about all this.

Reactions: Stevey

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

GeForce NOW has already been enjoyed by millions of gamers. As we approach the end of our trial period, we’re working to build a robust catalog of PC games with full support from the development community.

This includes a new opt-in process for developers and publishers to offer their games on GeForce NOW. Response has been strong with over 200 publishers committing to streaming on the service.

Going forward, only the games that are opted in will be available on the service, providing confidence in the GeForce NOW game library. Yet some publishers are still figuring out their cloud strategies. Those that haven’t opted in as of May 31 will be removed.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Why is that amazon game even on steam, why isn't it using its own launcher? I though amazon hates the 30 percent cut as well?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Speaking of MMOs, it makes me so sad that Everquest next never became a thing, it really seemed to become the next step in MMORPGs, hell even the minecraft clone they made was pretty good!
It was. My entire old SWG guild was planning to play it. Would have been wonderful.

Reactions: Le Pertti
Status
Not open for further replies.