Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
There is something going on with the BioShock Remastered games on Steam.

They all have a branch called qatest1, which has been updated within the past few months. BioShock 2 was last updated nine hours ago. The other two games were updated 1 and 2 months ago. 2K recently changed the titles for the BioShock remasters on PSN/XBL. It looks as though they're making preparations to sell the games standalone instead of making you buy the entire collection at once.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
There is something going on with the BioShock Remastered games on Steam.

They all have a branch called qatest1, which has been updated within the past few months. BioShock 2 was last updated nine hours ago. The other two games were updated 1 and 2 months ago. 2K recently changed the titles for the BioShock remasters on PSN/XBL. It looks as though they're making preparations to sell the games standalone instead of making you buy the entire collection at once.
I would be so happy if they fixed these versions. The last thing I heard about them is that they are broken as shit and crash constantly. There were also people complaining about losing progress quite often iirc.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
What are some non-gaming non-usb non-wireless open over-ear that aren't cheap nor expensive? If I could, I would get something in the 6XX sennheiser range, but I need to stay realistic. I would also want a DAC.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
What are some non-gaming non-usb non-wireless open over-ear that aren't cheap nor expensive? If I could, I would get something in the 6XX sennheiser range, but I need to stay realistic. I would also want a DAC.
Beyerdynamic Costum Game Headset.
Very comfortable, good build quality, good sound quality, simple classic black look without the typical gamer shit. About 130€, they improved the Mike in the newest revision.
Hits way above is weighclass imo.

Price tip: Mionix Mesh 20. About 40€. Better than many 80-100€ headsets.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Beyerdynamic Costum Game Headset.
Very comfortable, good build quality, good sound quality, simple classic black look without the typical gamer shit. About 130€, they improved the Mike in the newest revision.
Hits way above is weighclass imo.

Price tip: Mionix Mesh 20. About 40€. Better than many 80-100€ headsets.
I have a mic on a stand already though.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I wish I knew enough about headphones to recommend anything other than the SHP9500's. I also hate that they've gotten even more popular and pushed the price up a bit. I want an extra pair on ice.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I have a mic on a stand already though.
Beyerdynamic Costum Studio than. It's the same, just a bit cheaper because it has no mike included.

edit: juust saw that they have the DT990 Black in a sale right now for 140€. Take that.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Epic exclusive for one week (but also free to grab).

In essence, this is only exclusive because Epic are making it their free game of the week. If they weren't, I doubt this would've even released on the EGS.

Well, okay. That's not even bad because it so clearly benefits the consumer by getting a $40 game for free, but it's just... well... dumb. SNK are just incredibly bizarre.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Beyerdynamic Costum Studio than. It's the same, just a bit cheaper because it has no mike included.

edit: juust saw that they have the DT990 Black in a sale right now for 140€. Take that.
Where? I live in Taiwan btw.

No Amazon unless I buy from Japan.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Was so close to get that golf game and you know what I think I'm officially done with actually spending money on trash just for the +1, even games that are disappearing. I feel proud!:D
Yeah same. I like golf and its cheap but the reviews say its pretty rubbish and i need to at least try and stop impulse buying so many games.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Where? I live in Taiwan btw.

No Amazon unless I buy getting Japan.
Beyerdynamic headphones are available in the EU, Japan and USA, so I assumed it would be easily available everywhere.
Beyerdynamic is having a sale in their own store right now (beyerdynamic.de) and amazon matches their prices most of the time.
The DT 990 Pro is 15.400 Yen on amazon.jp.co, which translate to the 140€ they are asking for it on their own shop currently (down from 160€).
But watch out, it's using a 6.5mm jack, but that shouldn't be a problem with a descent, standalone DAC.

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
I would be so happy if they fixed these versions. The last thing I heard about them is that they are broken as shit and crash constantly. There were also people complaining about losing progress quite often iirc.
Yea, they're awkwardly buggy. The remaster job isn't THAT bad, but like many iffy remasters the level of polish isn't good enough. Just speculating, but perhaps in the process of porting them to Switch, they've ironed out a few issues that they're backporting to the other versions.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Sam sho 1 to 5 at least
Found this information

Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection includes all six Neo Geo iterations of the classic fighting series, plus a completed version of Samurai Shodown V Perfect, an unreleased game that was supposed to be the final Neo Geo title. Each game has online modes and includes both the Japanese and English arcade versions. There’s also a “museum” featuring interviews, music, development documents, and more.

Reactions: Tizoc

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Made an OT.

What ship?
Hmm, hard question.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I would also need a dac recommendation. Finally getting away from cheapo sets.
That's a deep rabbit hole and I'm normally careful to recommend things here as personal preferences are important factors.
A good but affordable DAC/AMP combo is the Shiit Fula 3 for ~140€. Again, I have no idea if it is available in your part of the world.
The downside is: it's "only" using a 3.5mm jack.
The Shiit HEL 3 is the next step in their DAC/Combo line up. Comes with a 6.5mm jack, but also costs 200€.

DACs, AMPs and Headphones are complicated. Even more so than Displays imo.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
For those interested in PSO2 NA and had problems with DOOM using Denuvo anti-cheat, note that PSO2 uses something arguably worse, nProtect GameGuard (the NA version uses it as well, not just the JP version).

On another note, the MS store only downloads the initial files (that is, if the store actually works).
Only when opening the game's launcher will the launcher download the rest of the game (the game should be around 70GB total).

Last edited:
Reactions: Swenhir

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
For those interested in PSO2 NA and had problems with DOOM using Denuvo anti-cheat, note that PSO2 uses something arguably worse, nProtect GameGuard (the NA version uses it as well).

On another note, the MS store only downloads the initial files (that is, if the store actually works).
Only when opening the game's launcher will the launcher download the rest of the game (the game should be around 70GB total).
I see maybe the MS store is trying to protect me then

good guy Phil

:toucan:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
For those interested in PSO2 NA and had problems with DOOM using Denuvo anti-cheat, note that PSO2 uses something arguably worse, nProtect GameGuard (the NA version uses it as well, not just the JP version).

nProtect GameGuard has been used for Asian MMOs for years now.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

nProtect GameGuard has been used for Asian MMOs for years now.
Aye, I know (I've played on PSO2 JP since its alpha test xD), personally I don't have problems with GameGuard or with Denuvo anti-cheat, but since there's people here that don't want something like Denuvo anti-cheat installed on their systems, I figured it would be better to warn them about something that is arguably worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.