Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm pissed off at not being able to play this new game because Valve refuses to sell me an Index. Not only they don't ship to my country, but I can't even buy it from here and ask for it to be shipped somewhere else. Maybe some of the people who can't get over it aren't privileged enough to live in a country with access to this new technology, let alone have the money to buy it in the first place.
In the case of Index, yes, it's unfortunate, however, Valve has said multiple times that every SteamVR compatible headset will be good to play their games, sure it won't be the top tier experience they want to offer through their hardware but a Windows virtual headset should serve the purpose.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
There are other VR sets to buy available more widely. I don't have an Index or the budget for it. I game on PC however and often buy stuff for it. Modest stuff. A CPU, a GPU, an SSD most recently, never the absolute latest or top of the line available. Same for VR sets. Sorry but the revolution of VR is here already for enthusiasts and it will only spread as other luxury goods like gaming itself and increasingly upgraded hardware did in the past. I'm not pissed off for not having an Index or in the past for a game having higher recommended requirements than my PC at the time, I just waited for my next upgrade cycle for it, oh well. If there are not enough games to justify the cost of a VR set then you don't get it just like you don't upgrade until enough games necessitate it. For me there were plenty so I invested in it once it reached an acceptable to me price to features ratio with the original Rift and I don't feel the need to upgrade just because Index does more things, the controller layouts and inputs are almost fully compatible as Boneworks' developers have shown and their market share ensures support for a long time to come, if not by Valve's own first party titles then by just about every other developer of VR software. It just is what it is, the advent of an era. The (better) software for it isn't really possible out of it in anything but a surface level resemblance so you can freely ignore it as long as you want, it's not stealing games you'd otherwise be able to play, it's bringing in all new experiences and Valve clearly had no desire for a pancake Half-Life 3 for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: fantomena

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So yay and boo. It looks like I was able to secure the Death Stranding CE. It will how ever not arrive until a week after the game releases though, so there is that (but seeing how people really like the game I am glad that I was able to get the CE).

So it looks like I have been able to sign up for classes since yesterday and I just called the college again and they just happened to close about 20 minutes before I called. The good is that there still seems to be space for the two classes that I am going to sign up for.

Right now I am going through my Steam library and trying to organize it. I am not sure how to organize it though, I was thinking of games that I plan to play, games that I might plan, games that I will not play and games that I have completed.

One issue is that I can't just "view" games that have no tag, so I have to individually go through each one. And on top of that I don't tend to finish games so would "dropped" be a better term for games that I will not play/finish? How about games that I have started and currently have on hold would those be "planning to play"? You can have games in multiple categorizes.

test

Last edited:
Reactions: Mor and MJunioR

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Bomba inbound
Don't worry the money they got from Epic will help them out.

Also SE where is my PC port of DQB2? It looks like for Black Friday some places will be selling it for $25USD So I think I might just buy it then

Also the Valve Index videos don't have any music at all? Bold move Valve

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Bah. I really want to get into Planet Zoo but its just a bit too fiddly to play on my comfy couch.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It look me a little while too. Until the end of day two. It's really easy to become engrossed in side-investigations a.k.a stereo-investigations.
you can say that again! :D lol

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
11th November is when China have their Single's Day sale. Last year Sweden has taken this sale day. Didn't went well, since all the big sales were too close to each other and we got oversaturation of bigger sales

If it was a world wide sale in the Steam store, wouldn't we have leaked information of sale date for this sale as well?
If it were to be a world wide sale, wouldn't we have too many bigger sales in short time on the Steam store?

Reactions: Wok

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So yay and boo. It looks like I was able to secure the Death Stranding CE. It will how ever not arrive until a week after the game releases though, so there is that (but seeing how people really like the game I am glad that I was able to get the CE).
Amazon.de suddenly had and still has hundreds available, I ordered then cancelled, imo it's just too expensive for what you get and the way things are going there might be a big backlash coming our way once regular folks are starting to play. Even the positive reviews have so many caveats and the hype is imo still more fueled by Kojima and hahacantplaythatonXbox. Got the feeling that we'll see deals soon, maybe including the CE when resellers stockpiling that thing can't get rid of it.

At least now we know what the hell Death Stranding is: a disappointment.

2/5
Plus the rest of GB seem to all agree.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Seems like Cold Fear not booting after the first time is a common problem. You have to set the executable to boot at 640x480.

Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Today is the day Pistol Whip releases. Very excited for it. It's a "John Wick" style rhythm shooter.

Some gameplay from Nathie:

It releases on Steam (Index, Rift, VIVE, WMR), Oculus Store (Rift, Quest) and PSVR later.

Deleted member 113

Does anyone want to split a two-pack of A Year of Rain?

Green Man Gaming has a 49% discount on 2-packs, which makes each copy around €12,75.
If anyone want to split a 2-pack (and then send me the payment to my Paypal account), please drop me a PM.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
In the case of Index, yes, it's unfortunate, however, Valve has said multiple times that every SteamVR compatible headset will be good to play their games, sure it won't be the top tier experience they want to offer through their hardware but a Windows virtual headset should serve the purpose.
True, but if I'm gonna spend the money for a VR headset, I want it to be an Index. It's not like the alternatives are cheap either, so I'd rather go with the best. But whatever, it's my fault for living in this country :p

Reactions: MJunioR

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Does anyone want to split a two-pack of A Year of Rain?

Green Man Gaming has a 49% discount on 2-packs, which makes each copy around €12,75.
If anyone want to split a 2-pack (and then send me the payment to my Paypal account), please drop me a PM.

This looks really blatantly like a WC3 clone but the co op campaign feature is interesting - I can think of only 3 RTS games which have that and it was always fun.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i've been on and off but i have next week off work so i'll be playing "Death Stranding - The Hitchhiker Backpack Balance Game" and probably "Dragon Star Varnir". I think i might have to apply thermal paste and pads to my PS4 soon though. It's a launch one and it's getting louder.

Reactions: PC-tan

Deleted member 113

Speaking of Just Cause 4, I bought the "Just Cause 4 Gold Edition Pre-Purchase", and with this Reloaded version, I'm seeing a few odd things, like I'm listed as not owning the Neon Racer Pack + the Renegade Pack (I have both of those items listed in the complete the pack options for Gold or Reloaded editions), but when I click on them, it says I own the DLCs (but they aren't listed on my DLC tab).

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Speaking of Just Cause 4, I bought the "Just Cause 4 Gold Edition Pre-Purchase", and with this Reloaded version, I'm seeing a few odd things, like I'm listed as not owning the Neon Racer Pack + the Renegade Pack (I have both of those items listed in the complete the pack options for Gold or Reloaded editions), but when I click on them, it says I own the DLCs (but they aren't listed on my DLC tab).

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
They were added to some packages today, so store probably didn't refresh. Add something to cart.

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
Not sure if anyone remembers but since July my Windows 10 crashes whenever I start older games (like Oblivion, Morrowind, etc.). I "fixed" this by installing an older Windows 10 build on a partition I created for this.

You can read about the issue itself here: Community - MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Anyway, today a newer game (Sea of Solitude) gave me the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) even though I was able to play it just fine yesterday. So I started another 2h Google odyssey and after a lot of different problem-solving approaches, I finally stumbled on a thread on the official German Overwatch forum where the OP had the same issue with Overwatch.

And one of the customer support reps there suggested that a program called Duet Display may have installed a driver that's incompatible with newer Windows builds. When I read this, I suddenly remembered that I've had this very program installed for ages but never really used it (it allows you to use your iPad as a second display).

So I uninstalled it, started up Sea of Solitude and it fucking worked. Downloaded Morrowind to check if it still causes crashes and nope, the game loads up fine and no instant crashes anymore.

How the fuck was I supposed to figure this out if I hadn't found that thread on an Overwatch forum of all places (I don't own any Blizzard games lol).

It just took me more than three months and a bit of luck but I finally fixed this fuckery.

Gotta love PC gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.