Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I think I finished around 5 games this year... :grimacing-face:
I think I finished Control. I definitely finished it, but not sure if it was this year or the tail end of last year. I didn't do much of the DLC though I really meant to.
No idea about if I finished anything else, but gaming for me isn't about finishing them most of the time. I played hundreds of games so its not like I not been playing anything.

Reactions: QFNS and ISee

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
So after a several-hour Origin downtime, I was finally able to play my Steam copy of Titanfall 2. :disapproval-blob::disapproval-blob::disapproval-blob: I haven't played much since it released, but wow, what an amazing shooter. The movement, the shooting, everything just feels so great. I hate the overused term "fluid" for these games, but there's really no other way to describe how you can just flow through the map like water. And unlike COD or similar, it almost never feels unfair or exasperating when you get killed. The SP is also an achievement, so don't sleep on this one if you like shooters. I'm still disappointed at the rumors that a followup Titanfall game was shuttered or delayed due to the success of Apex Legends.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I think I finished around 10 games, most of them really short, Odyssey and RDR2 were the long ones.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some adventure games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Glitch's Trip

Retro-style platformer with very neon-graphics and 100 levels and a level editor.

Glitch is chilling at his favorite local haunt when he sees something impossible in the sky: his home planet’s moons seem to be hemorrhaging life-giving Moon Juice—and what are those giant breweries sucking it all up? If Glitch doesn’t find out what’s going on and put a stop to it soon, all of the Moon Juice will be siphoned away and his own world won’t survive . Take control of the lovable hero in an action-packed, twitch-paced platformer that’s equal parts relentless and charming.
Travel around planet Verdo’s four unique moons, each boasting extravagant environments and trippy themes. With 100 handcrafted levels, there’s a lot to experience.
Explosive platforms, snipers, gravity wells, charging brutes, lava, lasers, spikes, and so much more. With over 40 unique hazards and 16 killer enemies, you’ll never run out of danger.
Glitch has a unique ability to get out of crazy near-death situations through becoming intangible. Use the ability to affect the environment in wild ways through toggling hidden blocks, flipping gravity, or making areas weightless.

Vibrant Venture

Singleplayer 2D game where you play as 4 characters you must swap between to complete the different challenges.

Vibrant Venture is a singleplayer 2D adventure platformer game where you combine and mix unique character abilities to traverse the world!

The game features four playable characters each with two unique abilities. By switching between these characters, you can combine their abilities for extremely versatile, fluid and fun movement! The main focus of the game is traditional platforming combined with responsive and open-ended controls in a challenging environment. This also means there are often multiple ways to clear different sections!

Trenchlore

Discover the deapths of an alien ocean, discover the secrets and survive.

Trenchlore is an immersive and ever-growing underwater experience that provides a peek into a very large universe. Take on the role of one researcher and enter Daqul, a vast oceanic trench teeming with alien lifeforms. Dive your way through various biomes, meeting strange creatures and dangerous enemies... all the way to the very bottom.
Gather building material and berries and get to farming! The more berries you have, the better you can maintain your oxygen and survive underwater longer.
Build your own underwater hut, bunker, or even city through an intuitive grid-based building system! Not only do you use less oxygen while inside, you gain protection from some pesky predators.
Haak

Metroidvania platformer in an apocalyptic setting. Your main weapon is an energy hook you use to interact with the environment, complete puzzles, and hack around.

Start your adventure of the apocalyptic world in HAAK! While exploring the desolate wasteland, you may also face the threat of mysterious organization entrenched in this world. Take them down, solve the mysteries, and embrace the world's ultimate secret!

In terms of art style, HAAK uses old school graphics and dark tones to present a desolate scene of ruins, which is in line with its background of the apocalyptic wasteland, aiming to bring players into the future of the eschatological world to experience that sense of desolation.
We'd never design a game that would give you finger cramps! Nimble movement and careful timing is the only kind of rhythm we're interested in.
The main weapon in HAAK is the multifunction Energy Hook that can be used for attacking and interacting with the environment, which combines with character-specific hacking skills to create all kinds of gameplay possibilities for a totally unique gaming experience.
HAAK's unique visual aesthetic and ambient lighting, SFX and soundtrack work together to create hyper-immersive environments, from somber rainscapes to futuristic cities and creepy underground installations that will transport you into another world.
HAAK sets plenty of hidden side quests, foreshadowing and stingers. Through continuous exploration in the game, you could get much information about the background story and characters, and interpret the deeper content through them, so that each game experience is fresh and not repeated. You ready to take it to 100% completion?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
So after a several-hour Origin downtime, I was finally able to play my Steam copy of Titanfall 2. :disapproval-blob::disapproval-blob::disapproval-blob: I haven't played much since it released, but wow, what an amazing shooter. The movement, the shooting, everything just feels so great. I hate the overused term "fluid" for these games, but there's really no other way to describe how you can just flow through the map like water. And unlike COD or similar, it almost never feels unfair or exasperating when you get killed. The SP is also an achievement, so don't sleep on this one if you like shooters. I'm still disappointed at the rumors that a followup Titanfall game was shuttered or delayed due to the success of Apex Legends.
How big is respawn? Between Star Wars and Apex Legend you gotta think their mech shooter that didn't sell too well is going to get the short shift while they focus teams on money makers

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm still disappointed at the rumors that a followup Titanfall game was shuttered or delayed due to the success of Apex Legends.
Prominent respawn leaker (with a ton of experience on Apex Legends leaks) said not so long ago that there is indeed a Titanfall 3 in development but I don't think he shared details or any ETC :blobhug:

Well, while I will share a more in-depth thoughts in the weekly top seller chart thread, here's a tidbit of The Outer World's segment. :blobeyes:

Game is over 10k ccu players at this very moment.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Played quite a bit of Jenny Leclue and its pretty good! The mystery is way better than I thought it would be, I rarely care about story in games but I'm genuinely curious. That said it's still a linear game and they stress/bore the fuck out of me haha, I need to take a break like every twenty minutes.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Damn, TOW still on top global seller despite of EGS (and the many deep sales it's been on there) and game pass.

I assume there's also plenty of people like me who played it on game pass and then byt it on Steam for ownership.
I played it on Game Pass and that convinced me it's not worth owning. :ROFLMAO:

But to each their own!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I played it on Game Pass and that convinced me it's not worth owning. :ROFLMAO:

But to each their own!
Well I wanna play the DLC too at some point and no way in hell Im buying DLC on the windows store.

Also heard good stuff about the DLC.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Dropped my phone. Need a new one, and I'm reading up on what's out there currently:

Honestly? I think a Pixel 4a might be more than enough. I need a device for messages, calls, photos, streaming music via Bluetooth in my car and Google maps navigation.

Any experiences with pixel devices? How annoying are they in terms of google shenanigans?
I had one but I returned it because either the battery just sucked or I had a defective one. I had the Pixel 4a (I think) but when I returned it I ended up getting the OnePlus 7t

Reactions: PhaZZe and ISee

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I played Pumpkin Jack. It's a feat for a solo dev. It's very well made. It's cute. It's mostly a breeze so I just kept playing last night to see what's next (up to boss 3). But it doesn't really grab me to go back. Not like Poi or Skylar & Plux (my favorite indie 3D platformers so far). Maybe it's a mood thing. I also just skipped all the post/pre-level cut scenes, they just seemed to be recaps of what I'd already seen in-engine. Jack did this, went on his way to that. It broke the pacing. I dunno.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Some health issues are keeping me on super "Lurker mode" recently, but I need to vent a little:

When the f*** is Microsoft going to decouple its gamepass app from that terrible Microsoft Store? I decided to play Halo:MCC and suddenly realized that it installed on my almost full system drive instead of the one I had selected. So when to look it and yeah, Windows decided that it wouldn't install any "app" on the 1 TB SSD that I use for games. I could move/install to all the other 3 drives... just not that one.

And as usual, it just gave those super useful error codes :p. Reseting the store and even formatting the drive did nothing so... back to good old days of reinstalling Windows since it was also acting up a little in other areas. Thankfully I'm old geezer that still keep everything in different partitions so is not that hard but still.... annoying to say the least.

I guess is the price I pay for using Gamepass "for free" until next year... (and MS regional prices on Steam suuuuuuuck over here).

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Fae Tactics is getting harder than it has to be lol.
I wish I can know the order or know beforehand what the level of each battle scenario's gonna be. Knowing the difficulty beforehand can help me decide whether to go to a certain scene first or not.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeh, I was gonna comment to him that but seems everybody in his comments caught it already :p

Also.

Looks like he experimented with Vagrant Story lighting too (but I've not seen it in recent tweets)...

Damn, 90s square was so good.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Feels bad man, but I think I may have to give in and just pay Google $5USD a month to get rid of ads on Youtube. There was this one ad that popped up that more of less ended up calling me a
Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

PS, Kurt Russell is part of MC right? Since I saw him part of the Holo Live DOOG thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.