Community MetaSteam | October 2023 - Holy moly Snake, is that Tony Hawk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
The Balatro demo is real fun. Me and the husbin' have been putting a lot of time into it.

Capcom is planning to update RE Engine in the future to REX. The technical stuff goes beyond my understanding, but I'm simply happy companies are still doing inhouse engines and not giving in to the Unity and Unreal duopoly.
Capcom have such a capable tech team. Really impressive stuff.

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

👀 👀 👀 👀 👀

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Still haven't played RDR2. The game's size is a bit intimidating, but I'll have to get around to it at some point.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Not very likely IMO due to a bunch of factors (old tech, bent integration is deep, probably more) but nothing is impossible with M$ money

Reactions: lashman

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

Capcom is planning to update RE Engine in the future to REX. The technical stuff goes beyond my understanding, but I'm simply happy companies are still doing inhouse engines and not giving in to the Unity and Unreal duopoly.
How did I know when first clicking into this video that they would discuss MS Teams integration? Do other game studios do this? It feels like an especially Japanese way of doing things - building your own app and throwing everything into it. I don't know if it's bad or good, but it just seems strange to me.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Do games that are in early access on game pass leave game pass once they release fully? Or do they stay another year? Thinking about getting Slime Rancher 2 on steam but if it stay on game pass then I'll just play it there. Hmh

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Do games that are in early access on game pass leave game pass once they release fully? Or do they stay another year? Thinking about getting Slime Rancher 2 on steam but if it stay on game pass then I'll just play it there. Hmh
Depends on contract, usually MS needs to renegotiate like any other game.

Reactions: Le Pertti

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
If Microsoft brings WoW to Steam then that 100% ends the whole pc storefront conversation. Right now It's already 98% finished, but that'd just be the final nail in EGS's coffin.
Something tells me WoW isn't coming to Steam.

I'm not sure what benefit there is to Blizzard to bring it to Steam other than potentially seeing their current subscribers switch to Steam, which means Blizzard lose 20% of revenues from those customers they had prior to that. I don't see a situation where someone has been waiting 19 years for the game to come to Steam who will all of a sudden purchase and subscribe to WoW. There literally isn't a person in the world who is that person, let alone the millions required to stem the bleeding from people who would move from Battle.net to Steam in this situation.

The only way WoW comes to Steam is if Microsoft kills Battle.net, which I don't think is outside the realms of possibility, but I think strategically Microsoft would be far better off revamping Battle.net and using the strong brand associated with it to escape their abortive Windows Store (from a gaming perspective, at least). However Microsoft is kind of stupid, so they'll probably kill it instead.

Then again, even if they did make better use of Battle.net, the only company that rivals Elon Musk for stupid rebranding is Microsoft. I'd expect Battle.net to be called Microsoft Xbox Game Downloading Client for Windows within 5-6 years.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
On the last portion of Mario Wonder, when Im done Im going right into AW2. Honestly, Im quite scared by the thoughts that the game (story and world) won't live up to my expecations, but the review scores helps quite on those thoughts.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Something tells me WoW isn't coming to Steam.

I'm not sure what benefit there is to Blizzard to bring it to Steam other than potentially seeing their current subscribers switch to Steam, which means Blizzard lose 20% of revenues from those customers they had prior to that. I don't see a situation where someone has been waiting 19 years for the game to come to Steam who will all of a sudden purchase and subscribe to WoW. There literally isn't a person in the world who is that person, let alone the millions required to stem the bleeding from people who would move from Battle.net to Steam in this situation.

The only way WoW comes to Steam is if Microsoft kills Battle.net, which I don't think is outside the realms of possibility, but I think strategically Microsoft would be far better off revamping Battle.net and using the strong brand associated with it to escape their abortive Windows Store (from a gaming perspective, at least). However Microsoft is kind of stupid, so they'll probably kill it instead.

Then again, even if they did make better use of Battle.net, the only company that rivals Elon Musk for stupid rebranding is Microsoft. I'd expect Battle.net to be called Microsoft Xbox Game Downloading Client for Windows within 5-6 years.
I can only speak about me, but having WoW on Steam would lower the barrier for me to resub and play again.
Opening Bnet, possibly updating the client, possibly trying to guess the password or recovering password, etc. is a casual barrier that I won't commit to if I don't have a real urge to play WoW again.

And I wouldn't count out casual Steam customers who either never played WoW, or never thought of going back to it because it was on a platform they didn't frequent anymore.

I wouldn't have thought Overwatch would release on Steam, and here we are
I wouldn't have thought Diablo would release on Steam, and here we are. And the arguments were even more doubtful on Diablo ever coming to Steam.

It isn't the old Blizzard anymore. Microsoft has taken over.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This popped on my feed. Pretty cool, I think I remember seeing it back then in magazines or whatever.

Found a video, it looks like it was pretty accomplished tbh, for back then.

Outdated gfx I suppose for the era, it almost looks Quake 2-ish, but for a MMO back then, and action combat at that, not bad. Contemporary with WoW's launch.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Guess who made stupid mistake of playing 2 Rockstar games at the same time? XD

Bu damn both GTA V and RDR2 can relax me in different ways after hard working day that no other game can. But i am also making progress with Evil West, i will try to wrap it up tomorrow so i can get ready for Talos Principle 2 next week XD

Status
Not open for further replies.