Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Really good regional pricing here. $68.99CAD ($60usd games are normally priced at $80)
$85 AUD in my region. Matching the current exchange rate for USD.
R$224 (~ $54) here, bit more expensive than Gears 5, for reference

Anyway, Koei has put some on their games on sale on GMG earlier this week and one of their RotTK just got a discount on Steam, I wonder if they could be having a weekend sale tomorrow. I personally would love to get Atelier Sophie (well, I'd also like to get AoT2 but that's a lost cause).

Reactions: Kvik and Arsene

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Holy shit at that regional pricing
so it's not really bad in some places?

Also hey look KT is learning about the new Steam changes (looks at the title of the game) and yet don't seem to be applying them to older games. Also why doesn't KT make a franchise tag for this series? Others do it, well KT does the bare minimum?
Code Vein is now pre-loaded on my PC. I got the key from WIngamestore. Hopefully I do get the pre-order stuff as well since they did advertise that but when I entered the key it did not mention any "launch" edition or anything like that

for those in SEA is SRW V a top seller in your region/globally?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
How have people's luck been with using the New Steam UI tools to fix their categories. The stuff I have currently just isn't working atm and i'd rather not go through every game piece by piece.

Reactions: lashman and Wok

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Okay so looking at Win game store it now says that Code Vein will not activate in the US?? What is up with that? I was able to activate the game and I was able to pre-load the game as well

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
so it's not really bad in some places?
It's random

Argentina got super good regional pricing, Brazil didn't. Singapore and Indonesia prices aren'tthat different from the US one, while Philippines and South Asia have adjusted prices.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
In fact, Atelier Ryza has surged into the top 7 even though the pre-purchase just went up several hours ago.

Freaking weebs. :disapproval-blob:
I'm guessing that they may end up being the best selling Atelier game to date in general? And the new design might have something to do with it?

Has Atelier ever been a best seller on Steam before? Especially with pre-orders and a month away from release?

Also I just checked the NA region and well the new Atelier game is top 40 game on Steam right now and then you go to the world wide charts and bam it's in the top 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way the game is already out in Japan and well impression and all of that stuff is out there.

The fact that the Atelier game is in the top 10 is very impressive when you consider what else is out right now and what else is going to be released.

I would hope that KT would like to make some trading cards for this game to rake in some extra cash.

Remember how I mentioned that Twitter in Japan is important?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
But Atelier Ryza costs 2x times of Super Robot Wars V.

It's unacceptable. Blasphemy. :blobxorcism:
and yet it's beating it in sales. Well to be fair SRW is SEA only but even then it's still selling better.

It's now in the top 5 (almost).

What place is Code Vein in? Since that game is just a day away from release. If my some miracle Atelier is still selling better than Code Vein that should tell you something.

Also I think closer to release I will be buying the DX version on Steam, maybe some other place will have a better deal? But I do want to get it at launch for the launch DLC

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
and yet it's beating it in sales. Well to be fair SRW is SEA only but even then it's still selling better.
Well, it's at the top 7 regionally, which means the same region as SWRV.

Though I'm not sure if regional top sellers is for the actual region (in my case it's SEA), or just a country (Indonesia).

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
What place is Code Vein in? Since that game is just a day away from release. If my some miracle Atelier is still selling better than Code Vein that should tell you something.
Without any filter, 2nd place global top sellers.

Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Whoops, I've got my owned games filtered out. Code Vein is near the top, otherwise.

Reactions: Mor

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Well, it's at the top 7 regionally, which means the same region as SWRV.

Though I'm not sure if regional top sellers is for the actual region (in my case it's SEA), or just a country (Indonesia).
I think it might be a mix of both, I would imagine that countries close to each other would have similar taste and also somewhat similar "buying power", so comparing the US to Canada does not seem like to far of a stretch as far as NA goes and Mexico I think also has somewhat similar taste (maybe a little more anime oriented)?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Whoops, I've got my owned games filtered out. Code Vein is near the top, otherwise.

I guessed as much as I also have my already owned games filtered out hehe.

Reactions: Kvik

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Damn, Game Pass for PC sure is a polished service. Each time I quit The Surge its icon rests in the taskbar for 1d6 minutes. Because.
Let me also remind you that you're still getting the console experience, because all game files are encrypted, even for win32 games. Well done Microsoft!

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Huh, for some reason I thought that Code Vein is a God Eater clone and I don't really have any interest in an MH-likes, but judging from the trailers it's actually closer to character action games, so I might pick it up when it's a bit cheaper.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Reactions: PC-tan

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Last edited:
Reactions: PhaZZe

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
JFC that price.

Here SEA top seller

Twitter is really big in Japan. Even artist has been moving away from Pixiv to Twitter.

Edit: SRWV is on #15 on popular upcoming releases and #192 on top seller.
I guess the price for SRW V is just too high (it's a port of am old game) but that wishlist number position is pretty nice though.

Also I do like how the artist also acknowledges the existence of the PC version of the game

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
holy shit ... they aren't doing $60 = 70€ anymore ... guess they FINALLY learned their lesson ;)

How have people's luck been with using the New Steam UI tools to fix their categories. The stuff I have currently just isn't working atm and i'd rather not go through every game piece by piece.
i only have one collection - for all the games that don't have new assets added ... but i created that after the beta went up

I find this funny lol.
you know what will be even funnier? if that launcher has more features than egs ;)

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So far the Atelier games have escaped the whole $60 = 70€ thing, so I'm not sure if they've learned their lesson yet.
they have? well fuck ... i was sure they were doing it for all their $60 games now

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So, um, time for a weird question to people who know their way around programming:

Who is a better software engineer Carmack or Sweeney?

Status
Not open for further replies.