Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I've never heard of those terms and never used it. Sounds interesting.

Anyway, after some more readings, people said that Moonlight is pretty good too, but it requires Nvidia Gamestream (via GeForce Experience).
Basically on mornings and especially the weekend I can turn my pc on with steam link app and play in bed without getting up.

I can also play when I am not home, but PC needs to be on since WoL works within LAN only.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It kinda got buried under the shitshow but that REVIII trailer was pretty cool. I was already kinda getting RE4 vibes from the setting and the merchant they tease at the end makes it clear that was intentional. I wonder if there's going to end up being a narrative reason to call back to RE4 specifically.

If they can deliver "REVII but bigger, better and longer" then I'll be very happy.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
DMC5 on PC better get Turbo mode and LDK. Can't find anything yet, the the vague info makes seem as if its not coming and that PC is just getting Vergil.

• Sad
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Basically on mornings and especially the weekend I can turn my pc on with steam link app and play in bed without getting up.

I can also play when I am not home, but PC needs to be on since WoL works within LAN only.
Sounds useful, but I'm good with turning on the PC by myself lol.

I haven't tried streaming from outside of my home, but I'm looking forward to try it when I'm back to the office.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Sounds useful, but I'm good with turning on the PC by myself lol.

I haven't tried streaming from outside of my home, but I'm looking forward to try it when I'm back to the office.
Yeah PC logs itself in and steam starts as well, though I have steam link open to desktop and not BPM.

I will try parsec though. Any tips

Last edited:
Reactions: texhnolyze

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I dunno my sales taxes is 8.25% so thats basically 10% but if i change counties it goes from that to 9% or 7%

I don't understand why people are upset going bonkers at the whole UHD drive price stuff, I've been looking at them for one for my computer because I want to copy my movies to watch and they're expensive as fuck

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
So apparently PS5 titles are crossgen?

Oh my, something something we believe in generation something something secret sauce ssd.

• Sad
Reactions: Trisolarian

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I wonder when will the PC version of God of War launch. The new one is said to be a 2021 release, so Sony probably needs to get the old game out soon if their intention was to get PC gamers on board of PS5. Hopefully it will be out within 2020.

Reactions: Shahem and QFNS

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Re: DS and FFXVI for PC, sure Sony and SE, I believe you.

I wonder when will the PC version of God of War launch. The new one is said to be a 2021 release, so Sony probably needs to get the old game out soon if their intention was to get PC gamers on board of PS5. Hopefully it will be out within 2020.
Don't hope so much so it can be a surprise at a later date :coffee-blob:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
So many games launching in Nov due to console release, which one will you people get?

Mine will be Hyrule Warriors:cat-heart-blob:
Don't hope so much so it can be a surprise at a later date :coffee-blob:
Actually thinking about it. 2020 or 21 whatever. It's not like I will play it on day 1.🤣

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I still can't fucking get over how ugly the PS5 disc edition is.

Like, excuse me sir this is a wendy's ugly.

Its. A. Growth. On. The. Side. Of. The. Console.

Edit:

Holy fluffer pups, I missed everything

-Sony leaked a Bloodborne PC trailer?
-They stabbed PC in the back on FF
-Euro peeps get stiffed with 80 euro games
-Uk peeps get 70 pound games
-Sony PS5 DE is a massive fucking trap of endless payment pain
-HZD II, Spider Man Miles Morales, Sackboy are all cross gen with PS4???

Like is that everything?

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Me running the HZD benchmark
: Gsync was gods gift to mankind.

Since it jumps from something like 60-51 fps and if still looks smooth.

Reactions: ISee

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah PC logs itself in and steam starts as well, though I have steam link open to desktop and not BPM.

I will try parsec though. Any tips
Ooh, my DS4 is actually paired already to my phone lol. I don't remember it. So yeah, Steam Link now works without the overlay, but it's still not running at 60fps for me. Parsec in comparison is pretty smooth 60fps. I wonder if there's some settings I need to adjust, or Steam Link is simply more demanding.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I bet Sony is selling each PS5 with a loose. Probably not a small one and even more so with the digital version. Which is crossing hard at the edge of being a scam this time around imo.
80€/ game and you know publishers will follow.

400€ console
6 years ps+ 360€
5 games a year, for six years with a 30€ price premium pro game = 900€

-->1660€

XSS = 300€
Game Pass Ultimate for six years = 1080€
2 games per year because most is in game pass, 30€ premium = 360€

-->1740€

We can argue about the amount of the price premium per game, the relevance of key selling sites like cdkeys.com etc.

My point is: they are going in hard, asking a lot for their consoles over six years.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I bet Sony is selling each PS5 with a loose. Probably not a small one and even more so with the digital version. Which is crossing hard at the edge of being a scam this time around imo.
80€/ game and you know publishers will follow.

400€ console
6 years ps+ 360€
5 games a year, for six years with a 30€ price premium pro game = 900€

-->1660€

XSS = 300€
Game Pass Ultimate for six years = 1080€
2 games per year because most is in game pass, 30€ premium = 360€

-->1740€

We can argue about the amount of the price premium per game, the relevance of key selling sites like cdkeys.com etc.

My point is: they are going in hard, asking a lot for their consoles over six years.
Oh yeah I'm sure both Microsoft and Sony are taking a decent sized loss on each PS5 and Xbox Series X/S sold, I'm sure the $500 US price point is the highest they're willing to go after the PS3's $600 price point was rejected by consumers and the Xbox One's $500 price point didn't exactly go over well (though that had some pretty big disadvantages of being weaker than the PS4 and having the camera that hardcore gamers weren't really interested in that drove up the price).

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
€80 for a single game is way too much for me. But no doubt millions of ps fans will be happy to pay this price for Sony's 1st party games. I wonder if and how this will impact prices for pc games. Microsoft is already charging €70 for their games instead of the usual €59.99, and their games are selling like hot cakes.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Wow, I go to bed thinking I'm getting FFXVI day and date on PC, wake up to hear it's six months exclusive for PS5.

I'll wait.

The messaging for that press conference was completely screwed up - considering the strong position they were in, I don't think that could've gone worse for Sony: £70 games (and similarly outrageous price increases in every other market), vague weasel-words on exclusivity, a blurred line between generations when Sony set their stall down proudly declaring that they believed in them and would support their system with generational exclusives, and an overall meh presentation that was largely uninspired.

They've given no real compelling reason to grab a PS5 at any point soon, even going as far as announcing some key PS5 games on PS4. Meanwhile, Microsoft, who were dragged hard by the gaming community for saying the line between generations would get blurrier, ironically announces an historically affordable next-gen system that's going to drive adoption of the new hardware at a super fast rate. Six months ago, did anyone think Microsoft would be flexing hard to get people to upgrade to the next-gen while Sony would be the ones saying it's okay to hang onto your last-gen system for a bit longer?

Both sides were saying one thing and doing the other, but it seems to have panned out in Microsoft's favour. I'm sure a lot of corks were popping in Redmond yesterday.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
€80 for a single game is way too much for me. But no doubt millions of ps fans will be happy to pay this price for Sony's 1st party games. I wonder if and how this will impact prices for pc games. Microsoft is already charging €70 for their games instead of the usual €59.99, and their games are selling like hot cakes.
Games aint worth it at 40 euros
Hell not even 20 euros
Let the industry crash and burn
Get it for cheap or wait it out

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The hardest thing for me to understand is Capcom not porting a raytracing update to DMC to PC.
Hell, they could even ask full price for it, for parity with PS5, where I assume there won't be any upgrade for existing owners either. But why would they just not port it, when it also comes out on Xbox? Are porting costs of games with raytracing so high? Does their new engine, or whatever powers their Global Illumination technology, not run on PC at all yet?
Games aint worth it at 40 euros
Hell not even 20 euros
Let the industry crash and burn
Get it for cheap or wait it out
Eh, I feel this depends on your income level (and thus where you live) and the game in question. For me. Witcher 3 was worth every cent of its initial price.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I'm glad I'm a patient gamer. I rarely buy new on PC and like Monooboe it's nearly always RPGs. Might pick up Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk tonight and then only BG3 and Cyberpunk are on the schedule, maybe the Mass Effect trilogy remake if it ever appears.

If I do buy new it's on PS4 so I can resell the game. I'm not here to do multi-national companies favours by buying digital, I look after myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.