Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Eh... why so few posts? Anyway, Nintendo announced a direct.

Here are some potential third party announcements that may come to steam:
  • GTA trilogy remaster
  • Castlevania Advance Collection
  • Kloona 1+2
  • Skies of Arcadia (thanks Queen)
  • Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 (could be Switch exclusive due to Monolith Soft)

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I dread the day the site's model becomes infeasible. Until then :partyblob:

Anyway, I am just a few games shy of managing to complete 50 games in a year, to my own surprise... Mostly thanks to a bunch of short games I played but I'm pretty happy with myself regardless. About 90% backlog so that's been good too.

Last edited:

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021

I don't know what's more crazy, the fact that Dark Souls 1 came out 10 years ago.
Or that Dark Souls 3 came out 5 years ago.

As someone who was PC only at that time 2011/2012 I remember my friend on Skype, using his computer webcam pointed at his Xbox/TV to show me this game "Dark Souls".
I then learnt the game was coming to PC relatively soon and bought it on the day of its release and fell in love with it.

Also Steam seems to have good history on Purchases, was curious and you can still go back and see old purchases.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Looks like an icon for Switch. Maybe shadow drop at the direct?
Wait it includes Rondo of Blood??? That's awesome. I just played it recently through PC-Engine emulation. (which worked perfectly) but at least I can officially support it now.

Also looking forward to Aria of Sorrow. I've heard lots of good about it.
There's an update from Gematsu. Looks like no Rondo of Blood.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Wait it includes Rondo of Blood??? That's awesome. I just played it recently through PC-Engine emulation. (which worked perfectly) but at least I can officially support it now.
Doesn't seem to be the 3D remake that includes Symphony of the Night. :disappointed-face:

Still a strong collection and I can't wait to finally play the Igavania games but hopefully SotN will be in the DS collection.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Also looking forward to Aria of Sorrow. I've heard lots of good about it.
Dracula X could be the snes game
Tho the pc engine nor the snes game got a gba or nds release 🤔
Could th compilation release contain a few more games?

• Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm watching the Star Wars anime and it's not bad. I can't remember if they said it would be canon or not (but I have some doubts) especially since some of it doesn't make sense. The visuals are pretty nice though. But I'm guessing it's mostly going to be Feloni who's stuff is canon.

• Eyes

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
I tried Sable on GP. This looks like another messed up GP version or something. The Settings menu is totally unuseable. There are no text, sliders can not be moved, system menu is empty, ,...

EDIT: I can not close the inventory screen. lol. I play with mouse+kb and none of the fucking keys works.

EDIT 2: Restarted the game and everything works now. Weird.

EDIT 3: There is no fucking Vsync option. The screen tearing is really bad. It's part of the Framerate setting.

EDIT 4: Exclusive Fullscreen does not work. It resets back to Fullscreen window. :(

Last edited:
  • Evil
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• GTA trilogy remaster
  • Kloona 1+2
What makes you think Baten Kaitos is a possibility? because Klonoa and .Hack// have been either trademarked or leaked but nor baten kaitos nor Xenosaga have been leaked in any way.

Skies would be :thumbsupblob:

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Sable is out tomorrow. Some high review scores, some not so high ones. I'm excited to give it a go, esp since I doubt it'll be too long of a journey.

Sable is out on GP it seems. Downloading now 2.1gb.

edit 2: had to restart the game to get the menu to appear. The bugs are so evident, I'm not sure how they got by any testers.
Many devs has shown with numerous of releases that they don't care all that much about the game pass release of games, so I wouldn't expect any fix very soon for game pass games. I mean, they already got MS money while Steam on the other hand actually affects their bottom line.

Best to go into game pass versions on PC with expecations of something not being alright, imo.

I don't have much time these days to play games, so I might as well buy the game on Steam, knowing stuff will work.

• Toucan
  • Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
What makes you think Baten Kaitos is a possibility? because Klonoa and .Hack// have been either trademarked or leaked but nor baten kaitos nor Xenosaga have been leaked in any way.

Skies would be :thumbsupblob:
It happened back in May ;)
Perhaps on a more interesting note, even if the trademark for Baten Kaitos does lead to something - Origins never came out in Europe. The prequel launched for the Gamecube just a few years later after Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean came to the west. And much like Xenosaga, the series saw its other projects canceled after poor reception. If there's good news on the horizon, it could bring Origins to a market that never experienced the title.
And subsequently in Japan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Re: Steam Deck FAQ
The fact that the changing cable is 1.5m is a serious bummer. I hope this shit is standard and replaceable by a longer one.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

• GTA trilogy remaster
  • Kloona 1+2
Eh, I must admit that the new OLED model is a little tempting as we approach SMTV release.
But I must remember console game prices and be reasonable. Yeah. Fuck me.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Truly unique game. Nintendo bringing this game to Switch would be hilarious though as there are many more other GC games that people want haha.
Eh, I must admit that the new OLED model is a little tempting as we approach SMTV release.
But I must remember console game prices and be reasonable. Yeah. Fuck me.
There are not many third party exclusive games on Switch. Maybe SMTV will come to PC eventually as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Gloomhaven full launch on Oct 20th.
How long is the game going to be at launch?

It varies a lot depending on how you play. There are 250+ missions in the game, shared between the Guildmaster and Campaign modes.
That should be at least 150 hours of gameplay if you are super fast and never lose, probably above 200+ hours for most people.
:wd_hot:

Status
Not open for further replies.