News Sports, Anyone?

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I'm going to watch the F1 race later tomorrow. It's at like 6am local time for me and I'm not that dedicated. I'll DVR it and watch tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: NarohDethan

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Last week's race was a awesome start to kick the season off. I will definitely watch the race.

I've been finally playing some F1 2019 which I got in a humble monthly earlier this year.
It's funny how Ferrari is so good in the game but they're somewhat struggling so far.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Ferrari messed up their simulations and went down the wrong road design-wise. They'll be working like crazy to get their cars competitive for a few races time.

I'm more into the MotoGP but i've been slacking and barely keeping up with the news. Looks like there's a fair bit of movement in the teams and the Aliens are facing pressure from the Next Generation. lol.

Obligatory Super Sic 58

Reactions: QFNS

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
So Myles Garrett got paid.

Ok, good news if you're a Browns fan. Team was a total mess last year so.... best of luck.

As to whether he 'deserves' the money? Of course he does. The suspension he got was never meant to be career ending, nor should it have been. It can be debated if he was justified due his plausible claim that Rudolf said some racist shit to him or if you think its never justified on the field.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
At least 10 Miami Marlins players test Postive. Played a game on Sunday with knowledge of three positive tests. Game between Phillies and Yankees tonight cancelled. Meeting scheduled with all 30 owners today at 12:30PM est.

I don't expect the season to be cancelled but whew lads, what a wake up to call to any league attempting a non bubble season this year.

Reactions: Pommes and dummmyy

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
2 Cardinals (MLB Cardinals in St Louis MO) has tested positive.

Brewers vs Cards cancelled, team will likely shelter in place and now all eyes turn to the possibility of ANOTHER widescale team outbreak in the coming days.

It is possible to continue the season with the extended rosters that every team has while the affected players recover. But, its the age old question, if you keep replacing the wooden parts of a boat piece by piece over time, at what point does it stop being the same boat? At what point are the Cardinals/Marlins no longer the team the fans were promised on opening day?

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
It's a fucking joke they are even playing at all. Baseball was and is insane for trying to have a season during this. Its going to end with every team getting half their roster Corona'd if they don't end it now.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Lakers took the L.

Yesterday was a good day.

hahaha, I don't HATE the lakers, but I've always been teased for being a Clippers fan in LA, so there's a bit of sweet in their loss for me. I'm an LA guy, so I hope to see them succeed if the Clippers can't. Lillard is ICE COLD, though, man.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING
OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
hahaha, I don't HATE the lakers, but I've always been teased for being a Clippers fan in LA, so there's a bit of sweet in their loss for me. I'm an LA guy, so I hope to see them succeed if the Clippers can't. Lillard is ICE COLD, though, man.
As a Spurs fan, it is illegal for me to ever cheer for the Lakers.

Clippers 100%.

• Love
Reactions: dummmyy

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Not yet but supposedly he’s free to walk out right now and Barcelona leadership is scrambling to stop him
I read somewhere that there is a date until which he could terminate his contract and because of Corona this date has already passed.
But thinking about it I am probably also ok with Manchester City paying the buyout clause of 700 million € :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
NFL begins tonight bois, grills and peeps!

I only care about NYC football, which means I'll be caring about those two teams until the first weekend of Oct.

Giants will go 5-10
Jets will go anywhere between 7-9 to 9-7.
LaMar Jackson gets past the first round but not to the mount on the top of the hill.
That spot is reserved for KC, bc seriously.... 51 fucking points in the superbowl???? They stay healthy... just on another level.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
NY Giants fan reporting in.

Over the past 10 seasons, we have won the super bowl once, been to the playoffs twice, four winning seasons and six losing seasons. Over the past 9 complete seasons, winning percentage of .486, which is mediocre. Doesn't feel like to the average G-men that is been ups and downs, it feels like we've been dogshit. The numbers back that up, as the past five seasons our average winning percentage is .362, or 36%. And that is skewed by a fluky 2016 season. I fully expect to have a 25% chance to win on any given day, which is equal to a 4-12 record over 16 games.

Now how bored do I have to be to root to watch/listen to games were my team has a 25% chance of not sucking..... Bored AF.

We lose tonight, big and sloppy style.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
My "Anime-style" figure collection!

Fun race on the weekend, sad that Cyril missed out on his tattoo.

Also lovely goal from the Mexican Sensation overnight in the opening round.

*lol fixed now, kept getting server errors trying to post the streamable, they must have come through all at once!

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
My "Anime-style" figure collection!

This is so cool!

I used to have model cars growing up and, past a certain age, I kept 'em in their box and everything. Wonder what happened to them, they're probably in a box somewhere.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
bobnowhere You're Missing the 2019 Goodsmile Racing [UWSL][UWSL]Hatsune Miku [/UWSL][/UWSL]Mercedes AMG Petronas car. Shame it's only a fan livery, not real.

I still have a bunch of old Dinky ( Remember them, old UK People ) cars boxed and a few Burago "Collectors" cars my dad got from the points he got at the garage. I'll have to dig them out and check if they're worth anything after ~30 years. Hmmmmm.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
bobnowhere You're Missing the 2019 Goodsmile Racing [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Hatsune Miku [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]Mercedes AMG Petronas car. Shame it's only a fan livery, not real.

I still have a bunch of old Dinky ( Remember them, old UK People ) cars boxed and a few Burago "Collectors" cars my dad got from the points he got at the garage. I'll have to dig them out and check if they're worth anything after ~30 years. Hmmmmm.
There are a few more hiding behind the Senna stack, 79 Williams, 74 Brabham, 2015 Merc with Lewis waving the flag and a Danny Ric HRT. When we cleaned out my dad's place 4 years ago or so I found his old collection in a dusty brown brief case. All sorts of weird and wonderful stuff in there.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Jets suck and Giants are disappointing.

The jets are just lifeless and seem to actively invite getting steamrolled.

Giants are just disappointing the stuffing out of me. Barkely is out for the year, our QB is Daniel 'Double Agent' Jones toss the ball to the other team at will..... The everyday knife in the gut was that we were AGAIN , one play or two from tying or winning but failed.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
just win baby :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: raidahs 2-0 :blobcheer:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1st game at Allegiant, and it's a win, baby! glad the raiders are off to a great start, LOVE Gruden at the helm. WELCOME BACK, CHUCKY!!!

Reactions: warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
looking forward to tonight, mahomes vs jackson will be a hell of a matchup.

fuck da chiefs still tho

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Every Sunday I turn the Browns on

For the first time in a while, theres some tiny hope.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Cleveland [NAME REDACTED] and Cincinatti Reds are out of the race. Short series' are exciting...and nerve wracking.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
titans/steelers postponed and now pats/chiefs too. this season really isn't gonna last long.