Community What are you currently playing?

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Everquest (Project 1999 Green server)
Toe Jam & Earl Back in the Groove - I finally 'get' TJ&E after this, fun game! My daughter also had a ton of fun watching me play
Luigi's Mansion 3
Xeno Crisis
Disco Elysium
Duke 3D 20th anniversary (that new episode they added)
Indivisible - I think this game is way underrated by the community. It's really fun.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
After finishing the Outer Worlds this week, I was in a very gamey mood! I was going to buy Disco Elysium and play it this week, but then I remembered I have tons of other games I own and have been neglecting.

I finally got around to installing Jenny LeClue: Detectivú. I'd backed it on Kickstarter but I got distracted by other stuff. It seems charming enough, but I honestly can't believe this game doesn't have mouse support. At all. This is a game where for parts of it you have to move a cursor around the screen to find clues... and you can't use a mouse. It annoyed me enough that I stopped playing after 20 minutes.

Then I moved onto Greedfall. I got caught up in the hype and bought it Day 1 and then never even made it out of Serene. So I restarted, and made it to Teer Fradee. It's much better than Spiders other games so far. Hopefully I'll stay interested!

Finally, I spent most of Sunday watching the second half of Jack Ryan Season 2, and playing the Sims 4.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018

Picked 428: Shibuya Scramble back up again. I don't know why I took so long of a break for this game (last played it in May :face-screaming-in-fear:), because I really enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk2k and Ascheroth

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Started and finished Ape Out today. Quite the fun game along with a lovely art style.

Started up Chuchel and about midway through. Such a cute and relaxing game!

Getting back into Terraria with my son for another coop playthrough, this time with mods. We’re rocking the Calamity and Thorium mods and holy shit do they add to much to the game 😲. It’s a little overwhelming to be honest. I wanted to do a playthrough with Thorium and do another with Calamity, but my son opted to do both at once :sweaty-blob:

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Was killing some time before visiting my mom at the hospital today and came across the XB1 Devil May Cry HD Collection for $10 at Disc Replay. Then I saw a pristine Xbox 360 copy of Devil May Cry 4 for $3 at the Game Stop across the street. Perfect case and scratchless disc. Looks like it just came out of shrink wrap tbh.

Starting with Devil May Cry 1, I'd almost forgotten just how great this game was. The way my wrist cramps from lighting up these puppet demons takes me back in the best way imaginable. I'm going to try and work my way to Devil May Cry 5 via GamePass before the end of the year. I've heard bad things about Devil May Cry 2 all across the board so I may just end up skipping that one.

Will keep up with Outer Worlds in between to keep my damn thumb from bleeding lol. I've never been the best at games, so this will be a fun learning curve for me. Let's see how I do.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Tried to install the Xbox 360 copy of Devil May Cry 4 on the Xb1 today... and of course it's not backwards compatible...

Doesn't make much sense to me, seeing that DMC 4 SE is on the Xbox Marketplace for Xb1.

This makes me more of a grumpy gus than I'd care to admit. Really wanted to have the entire franchise all on one console.

grumble grumble

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I really don't think I'm going to participate in this year's sale; I have so many games. I'm still slowly playing away at Bioshock when I have time. I'm not caring about anything in particular, especially achievements, though I am saving the Little Sisters.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Still the same games:

Resident Evil 6: I finished the Chris and Jake campaigns as well, and now I'm in chapter 4 of Ada's campaign. Chris campaign was rather mediocre, but I enjoyed Jake. Ada's campaign is great with several stealth elements and some well designed puzzles. Looking forward to finish it tonight.

My time at Portia: Almost finished the first year. Got access to the desert and Ginger is my girlfriend now. Mining and harvesting becomes a bit repetitive, but the quests are charming as ever.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
I'm juggling Death Stranding and Jedi: Fallen Order at the moment. When I'm at my desk I'm playing Jedi and when I'm in the living room I'm chipping away at DS. I put The Outer Worlds on hold for these, but I hope to go back to it once I'm finished. I am also playing a tiny bit of Luigi's Mansion 3 during downtime at work.

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I have 3 detective games (Crimes and Punishments, Her Story & Disco Elysium), revisiting Fallout 4 to play the DLCs, have Underrail on stand by and tempted to start Factorio. Also RL obligations and 12 hour shifts for a few days.
I am in a mess and i know it.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Two weeks ago I started both Death Stranding and Trails of Cold Steel 3.

I played 6 or 7 hours of the first one (one Saturday afternoon basically). I am currently 45 hours into ToCS3 and I just started Chapter 3. The game is amazing payoff if you have played all 7 earlier Trails games. The only thing I hate is the lack of a PC port and Cheat Engine for unlimited Bonding Events.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I have finally finished Resident Evil 6 on Veteran difficulty last night. I've enjoyed most parts of the Leon and Jake campaign, the other two were rather boring. And while some of the set pieces are really well done, the game has many design flaws:

• the game is way too long
  • lack of decent tutorial
  • too many invisible walls
  • the game only saves at certain checkpoints (why? seriously?)
  • I've been on-hit-killed many times within a second after a cutscene
  • enemy stuns me, I get up, another enemy stuns me again without any chance to prevent this
  • kicking smaller enemies doesn't always work, leading to frustrating deaths
  • for some reason, the game doesn't allow me to pick up ammo or healing items despite not having them in my inventory
  • lack of ammo during boss fights

So yeah, I understand the mediocre reviews. But I don't regret playing it at all.

Reactions: sk2k

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Started playing Sundered yesterday. Great metrovania with snappy controls and partly random generated environments.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Joy!

Started the final DLC for We Happy Few called "We All Fall Down" and it's shaping up to be a fun and harrowing finale to a fun and harrowing game.
Possibly one of my favourite game packages ever. The world building, characters, story and music are just immense sure it has some bugs and glitches but what an experience. It'll be staying on my PC for years, Compulsion have turned it around NMS style and i'm sad to see it end.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Joy!

Started the final DLC for We Happy Few called "We All Fall Down" and it's shaping up to be a fun and harrowing finale to a fun and harrowing game.
Possibly one of my favourite game packages ever. The world building, characters, story and music are just immense sure it has some bugs and glitches but what an experience. It'll be staying on my PC for years, Compulsion have turned it around NMS style and i'm sad to see it end.
Did they add a good solo mode to it ?

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao We Happy Few has been Single Player with a strong narrative from nearly the start. It's what pissed people off when they announced it and showed it as a roguelike at first then changed and went Story based with Crafting & Survival Needs and Stealth options. There is no multiplayer that i know of.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao We Happy Few has been Single Player with a strong narrative from nearly the start. It's what pissed people off when they announced it and showed it as a roguelike at first then changed and went Story based with Crafting & Survival Needs and Stealth options. There is no multiplayer that i know of.
Yeah, I oversimplified, I meant solo as in story mode :blushblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao In that case, yes, yes they did! I really enjoyed the story and narrative. They also change up the gameplay slightly in each chapter and the DLCs which helps keep things fresh. Each Chapter in the main game and each DLC also gives a different view of the story which expands and explores what went on from another viewpoint.

Each map is procedurally generated so it's different in each playthrough, there's optional survival elements if you like that kind of thing, there's crafting elements to get/upgrade new gear and tools and many "quests" have multiple ways to achieve the goal.

For me they totally delivered and i'll be thinking of this game for a long while. It's a touch expensive though so i'd wait for a sale unless you know you're going to enjoy it.

Reactions: Li Kao

5taquitos

I don't beat games
Nov 18, 2019
I always have a Cogmind run going that I try to play on a daily basis. I'm also grinding out my Apex BP, and getting sucked back into Age of Empires thanks to AoE2DE.

On my short breaks I've been playing some rounds of One Finger Death Punch 2 and making my way through Absolute Drift.

I really need to get around to finishing both Edith Finch and Inside. I know both are super short games, and I probably only have 1-2 hours left of each, so it's just a matter of setting aside the time and not worrying about my Apex dailies.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
Just finished Her Story, a very interesting game that made me produce pencil and paper to note the words and phrases for my hunt for the truth.

After six hours I was very much satisfied by the voyage I had but I kind of wished the destination was not as open to speculation as it is.

I do not prefer to have such endings, I didn't like that in ME3, neither I do now but I appreciate all the reasons for the designer to leave the last door open and, all in all, it doesn't spoil the experience that much.

Now, I am expecting some days off from my 12h shifts to continue with Crimes and Punishments (the mini games are not good at all) and, of course, Disco Elysium which I slowly enjoy like a fine bottle of wine.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I finished Ni No Kuni 2. It took almost 50 hours to beat the story. I had to cheat to skip the grinding part of the game. Didn't want to spend too much time on building the kingdom and gather all necessary items to craft items.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Ni no Kuni 2 was a slog. Looked great, but I didn't like it very much, and it fell apart at the end.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Phantasy Star Online 2 and Final Fantasy XIV are taking most of my gaming time (especially FFXIV lately).

PSO2 is currently having a collaboration event with Evangelion, and we get to fight against an angel, Ramiel:

Playing this makes me wish for a modern Evangelion game. xD

When I know I only have a short time for gaming and may have to stop at any time, I play Counter-Strike Global Offensive in arms race or deathmatch modes (I prefer these modes due to the quick respawning).

I occasionally try to continue my Trails in the Sky SC playthrough, even though I've been going through it for over a year already (between work, PSO2 and FFXIV it's hard to fit time for it), and I intend to go back to playing Soul Calibur VI's story modes now that I've got a fighting stick.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Finished Sundered today. Definitely one of the best games I've played this year!

I'm also still playing lots of My time at portia, but it's becoming rather repetitive. Still want to keep playing for the story and character development tho.