Community What are you currently playing?

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Fallout 3 actually

Somehow never got around to this before, believe it or not

I intend to change that. Same for the rest of the series. Fairly chill so far ☕

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I know Fallout 3 rightly gets a lot of stick for various things, but I really enjoyed exploring the map

• Eyes
Reactions: teezzy

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Finished the Part 1 - Penal Colony of Resident Evil Revelations 2 yesterday,
It was alright! Claire and Moira's part was quite good and interesting. Barry and what's-her-name's part was a bit more boring, since it was more of a retread of the exact same areas with more enemies present.

Still, the part was short and sweet.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Magnamalo

Bearded sora
May 9, 2021
Monster Hunter Rise

Reaching HR 40 so far not as big a fan of this compared to Monster Hunter World

Yeah the QOL improvements are nice but as a game overall just many things i preferred in World over Rise enjoyed playing that one with friends much more

Hoping with updates and eventual expansion of Rise i will enjoy it more

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Finished with Danmaku Unlimited 3 but in a way where I ended up taking the easy way out of completing it since the game gave me that option.

Now playing The King of Fighters '98 on Switch.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I'm currently juggling Oblivion, Subnautica Below Zero and I was playing Warcraft 3 Reforged until I realised the hard way that it doesn't have cloud saves :confounded-face:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
JUST finished Day's Gone.

Probably going to chill before Rift Apart, but I may return to WD Legion and try to finish it.
I literally just finished Days Gone, too. :blobmorning2: Watched the secret endings on YT.

Always wanted to give Homefront: The Revolution a try, mainly because it runs on the CryEngine. So yeah, that's up next for me.

Edit: If anyone reading this is interested, Homefront is 80% off on Steam right now until the weekend is over:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Currently juggling three games:

• Just Cause 3
  • Iris and the giant
  • Blue Reflection

I am enjoying JC3 and Iris a lot. Both are really good games in their genre. JC3 is a huge improvement to 2, and Iris is a flesh take on the deckbuilding genre. Meanwhile, I rarely disappoint by games but Blue Reflection is truly disappointing. The story, characters and combat are all let-down, and the only saving grace is the music. I will play it to the end (very likely grab all achievements as they are fairly easy to do), but it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

After finishing the above, I am thinking to start the following. Depending on E3 and Summer Sale, the list will probably change.

• Dark Souls
  • Deadly Premonition
  • Trails of Cold Steel 3

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevey

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
and the only saving grace is the music
I still play the music while working. It's amazing. I read some of the composers also worked on Ryza.

Shame the game was not great. Having a magical girl + a Yuri game is very rare (outside visual novels)

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I still play the music while working. It's amazing. I read some of the composers also worked on Ryza.

Shame the game was not great. Having a magical girl + a Yuri game is very rare (outside visual novels)
Yeah, the premise is rare to find and I honestly expected so much more as the main story is wrote by the author of Kino's Journey. The game turns out to be an easy RPG with no real sense of threats and full of highschool girls' mundane problems. It's such a waste of potential.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
The two games I am mainly focussing on now are Valheim and FFXIV (working through Stormblood using a Dancer). These are the games I play while online with friends and probably take most of my time.

Outside of them I rotate through 3 games to wind down. Dorfromantik (absolutely love this game), Townscaper (bit of a stretch to call it a game, more of a toy really but still cool) and Tetris Effect (tetris is my no 1 GOAT and has been since I first played it back on the C64).

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Steam Next Fest 21 !

I played some demos:

Retro-styled action RPG with an interesting scenario and somewhat off-beat writing (to give you an idea: The player character's own puke is a usable resource).

The demo now also features the single-player mode that was missing from previous versions of the demo and it looks like this game really works best as a co-op game (unless you really enjoy challenges like using platforming to type out words really slowly). Too bad, I had that game on my radar for well over a year because it's really cute and well designed, but everyone looking for some fresh casual coop game, make sure to take a look!

Let's see here: Fictional (but plausible) rural Oregon town? Setting in the recent-ish past? Focus on story-telling through dialog? When I saw the trailer for this during the PC Gaming Show, I thought I received DONTNOD and Firewatch vibes, but after playing the demo, it turns out this game is really dedicated to being comfy first and foremost. Now I might be wrong here, but it really seems that this game is purely escapist fiction that lets the player experience a fantasy of slowing down, reconnecting with old friends and possibly even rural romance, all accompanied by a soundtrack of licensed country music songs (I could not help notice that the selection does not bother to be historically accurate to the game's being set in 1986 however, and will happily play you some 2019 Malena Stark on the in-game radio station). I might let all of this slide and enjoy it as purely therapeutic (god knows I'm indulging in escapist fantasies wrt my RL job often enough) if the presentation were on the level of a Tell Me Why, but it's not, not even close. This story might have been better off as a visual novel.

Speaking of visual novels: Here's one, and it also is meant to be comfy. It literally says so in the game's extended store description. It's about a Kitsune that travels to Wellington, NZL as a stowaway on a plane and given the developer's track record (for instance, Highway Blossoms, reviewed on Metacouncil's Rate-the-game-you-finished/retired thread here), you can be reasonably sure she will make some new (girl-)friends - and possibly find the elusive woman that started her enchanted life. Presentation and writing are certainly towards the top-end of the VN spectrum, but do not expect huge literary ambitions.

A gorgeous side-scrolling action-platformer. This game goes all out at throwing hugely ambitious art direction at a classic genre - you won't find any pixelated retro-aesthetics here, instead you will feel like you are somehow playing a full-color non-serial sci-fi graphic novel. Highly recommend to check this out if you are even a little bit into the genre.

And while we are at games that look like graphic novels: Ever wished you could play a Moebius graphic novel? Your wish has come true. How similar am I talking here?

Now, with looks like these, I am quite inclined to let certain flaws slide when it comes to mechanics and gameplay, but the demo (which is basically the game's whole extended tutorial area and missions) really could give you the impression that the game fully intends to skate by on looks alone. Only towards the very end of the demo does the game feel like something of an action-rpg rather than a, dare-I-say-it, supercomfy RPG-lite like Eastshade.

Summary:

KeyWe is off my wishlist now, the rest of these games will remain on there, but I think Lake and Please Be Happy will only convert into a purchase some time down the road once a really good deal comes along. Death Trash plays nicely and seems interesting, but I am going to wait and see what times show up on Howlongtobeat - this kind of game I can really only have fun with if they can be completed in less than 10 hours. Sable and They Always Run are pretty much guaranteed to end up in my library sooner or later.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
After finishing the above, I am thinking to start the following. Depending on E3 and Summer Sale, the list will probably change.
  • Dark Souls
  • Deadly Premonition
  • Trails of Cold Steel 3
Returning to the previous post:

It turns out the next-to-play list was changed to the following post-E3:
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Deadly Premonition
Returning to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle after the sequel announcement. Not sure why I stopped playing last time, but this game is still as good as I remembered. Just beat World 3 boss and return to World 2 to complete challenge levels, then I will move on to World 4. I plan to play the coop campaign solo after completing all the main story, challenge and secret levels, before jumping into the Dongkey Kong DLC. So there is still a lot of game left and I am excited to go through them in the next month.

Meanwhile, as I will be beating Blue Reflection very soon, Deadly Premonition will be my next game. Heard a lot of praise towards SWERY's games so very excited to finally start playing it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Deadly Premonition are like two sides of the same coin. One side is extremely polished, plays very well, whereas the other side is far from polished, buggy and janky with crashes. But both are very fun and hilarious games. I can really feel that the development team poured their hearts into those games.

I have played a nice share of good games this year, but these two definitely take the cake so far. To me, they feel special.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelo and lashman

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I was juggling between doing RDO streak dailies and finally finishing the SWTOR class stories when i, again finally, started watching Critical Role and got hooked.
Went from that to Pillars of eternity Deadfire with Sam's voice but i got the Forgotten Realms nostalgia which made me replace Pillars with Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and as so, i returned to Candlekeep once more. Good Times.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Yeah, I love replaying games that I have experienced on consoles before. Playing them in high framerate feels bloody good. Darksiders itself is also a great mix of character action and Zelda-like elements. Enjoying it a lot.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Continuing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. This really is a Mario game. Easy to learn but difficult to master. The main campaign is pretty easy, but these optional challenge stages... they really are challenging. I am scratching my head on some of them. Going to make some notes to plan my moves carefully.

Also Darksiders Warmastered Edition is halfway done. Difficulty starts to ramp up. I suck at action games so I need to stock up on recovery items.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I started playing Thomas Was Alone a few days ago thinking it’ll be a breezy game to check off my backlog.

Not really, turns out. I’m having a hard time staying focused on it. The narration isn’t doing anything for me, and the platforming is kind of… rough? At the same time, I don’t dislike it that much to fuel a passionate hate play. So I’m just kind of eh.

Really want to add it to my finished list however, so I’m gonna power through 🙈

Reactions: lashman

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I've really been doing a number on my backlog in 2021 so far (mostly of the Xbox persuasion), but my PC has got a ton of run over the past few days thanks to Samurai Warriors 5 and The Great Ace Attorney.

Though the new art style may not be for everyone (I have a few Musou fan friends who feel the new visuals are a little too "BTS"), SW5 is a really solid new entry in the series. It feels a lot like the older Samurai Warriors games on PS2, where youre constantly running around like your pants are on fire, trying to hit objectives before they expire. The Citadel mode is a fun, if grindy new addition, too. I'm a little less sold on some enemy units having specific weaknesses that can only be broken by using specific abilities - that seems counterproductive to the turn your brain off zen that I go to Musou games for. But it's early yet, so I'll give it a chance.

GAA1+2, on the other hand, is just outstanding. It's crazy how good the localization is, the dialogue is super well written. The game unfortunately runs at 30fps, likely a consequence of the game's origins as a 3DS title. However, its nowhere near as bad as it sounds, and it's hardly noticeable during gameplay. From what I've seen so far, its inconcievable that this game wont make it into my top ten games of 2021 - quality work all around.

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Restarting Recursed after falling off it like a year back after getting stuck on a level. Thought I'd pick it up again to get my puzzle fix. I really do like the concept, the mechanics are secretly (?) about programming and it totally changes how you look at the game when you figure that out. Executing solutions can get annoyingly finicky though.

At the same time, I'm slowly getting through Going Under. It's cute but doesn't hold my attention for very long, so I usually only play in short bursts.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019

Gunfire Reborn is one of the most addicting roguelite games, and certainly the best one I've played so far. It's one of the few games that genuinely feels infinitely replayable and gives you that "just 1 more run" mentality. It's hard describing it. Basically, it's a roguelite Borderlands but without the cringe humor.

• Gib
Reactions: lashman and Angelo

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Finished with The Horizon Chase Turbo. Unlocked most of the cars but after failing some challenges that take really long, I've considered the game completed for now as I finished the Campaign, which is the main content.

Now playing The World Ends with You: Final Remix.

Reactions: Angelo

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Been playing a ton of FF14 with friends these past two weeks. Started playing it last week and finished the base ARR Main Quests and now I'm doing the ARR Main Quests that were added in patches later on. It's the first proper MMO I've gotten into and I'm having a great time!

Reactions: Angelo and Casper

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
(3 cases in)

Already better than Dual Destinies with the intriguing Kingdom plotline.

Reactions: C-Dub and Mivey

Sir Guts

Dragonslayer
Apr 11, 2019
Deathloop and having lots of fun especially with the beta patch that fixed the mouse stutter

I also just downloaded Kena, so thats next.

Reactions: MegaApple

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Currently going through :
Deathloop - Really good so far (At this time I prefer Dishonored series though)
Tales of Arise - One of the best in the Series
Doom Eternal - Replaying campaign so I can start DLC's for the first time
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.... - Fuck me

itsamiracle

Dec 31, 2018
Replaying Tomb Anniversary on PC has made me all the more disappointed with the direction the series has taken. Aside from improvements in combat, literally every other design aspect has been a massive downgrade.