|OT| Genshin Impact - Breath of the Elements

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
New event!

It's starting in Monday and you can get more BP too, just like the Crucible one.

There's gonna be a small content update as well, Mona's story quest.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Anyone in NA want to do the co-op achievements? It's about 75 primogems if we finish them off. It's just fighting those elite bosses.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
1.1 trailer:

Looking forward to it.
Childe and Zhongli moveset looks rad, but also Xinyan (fire guitar girl).

Here's a more detailed list of new stuff (but that's not all).

And a code for 160 primogems: GenshinZHB30

Last edited:
Reactions: texhnolyze and Blu

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone playing it on PC? Have they fixed the early DRM crap people reacted against? It runs on my phone but isn't really fun at sub 20 fps and touch controls. I'm willing to give it another chance if the gameplay feels better with an actual gamepad and stuff. Though ultimately it reminds me more of Tera than BOTW.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Sick trailer. I didn't expect the story to expand that much in that update, only smaller stuff.

The guitar girl seems cool, but it seems like her skills are mostly bursts damage, which is not ideal if the cooldowns are long.

Anyone playing it on PC? Have they fixed the early DRM crap people reacted against? It runs on my phone but isn't really fun at sub 20 fps and touch controls. I'm willing to give it another chance if the gameplay feels better with an actual gamepad and stuff. Though ultimately it reminds me more of Tera than BOTW.
That was patched within the 2nd day, so it's no longer a concern.

Reactions: Alextended

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
The guitar girl seems cool, but it seems like her skills are mostly bursts damage, which is not ideal if the cooldowns are long.
Hey, it's not like I'd have enough resources to level her anyway, so how "good" any new characters are in terms of moveset and numbers is basically meaningless for me right now :negative-blob:

• Sad
Reactions: texhnolyze

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
1.1 trailer:

Looking forward to it.
Childe and Zhongli moveset looks rad, but also Xinyan (fire guitar girl).

Here's a more detailed list of new stuff (but that's not all).

And a code for 160 primogems: GenshinZHB30
I think the link detailing the new stuff is borked

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Hey, it's not like I'd have enough resources to level her anyway, so how "good" any new characters are in terms of moveset and numbers is basically meaningless for me right now :negative-blob:
Yeah, I'm to deep in investing 4 core characters right now, and I still need to build Barbara and Kaeya for higher level abyss later. :sweaty-blob:

• Sad
Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, I'm to deep in investing 4 core characters right now, and I still need to build Barbara and Kaeya for higher level abyss later. :sweaty-blob:
Yeah, it's rough. I hope it kinda evens out some time so I have time to focus on others. There's lots of team comps I wanna try building, lol.
Still, the game has managed to get me to play daily for a month now, which is a first, I think.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Found some use for Geo travellers platform :evilblob:

If I'd change Barbara to maybe Kaeya to throw some ice in and cause superconduct with Razor's claw, this could be monstrous :thinking-blob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Still haven't started it :shame:
Was there a traditional shower of gacha bonus I missed or is it still good to start ?

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well you did miss the early connection bonus, 10 pulls at least. Dunno if the 10M registered bonus is still here.
Probably a bunch of other less useful crap too, but those are not worth much.

Reactions: Li Kao

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Should also be noted that the free Barbara (healer, very useful) is only available for another week (until 1.1 releases).
You'll need to reach Adventure Rank 20 though, but that should be doable in a couple days.

Reactions: Li Kao

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
I'm currently at AR35 and I decided to not level world difficult for a while and I'll focus on getting ascension materials and leveling the useful artifacts.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Got some fates from the shop discount, pulled Bennett.
Works well with my team and even if he's no Qiqi, he will do well in the Spiral Abyss.
Now if only I could level him up properly :disapproval-blob:

• Sad
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just finished my weekly BP tasks earlier, 2 more hours until it resets. :sweaty-blob:

Since I was too lazy to do most them this whole week, that was quite a task. My BP level was boosted by 3-4 though, thanks to that.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just finished my weekly BP tasks earlier, 2 more hours until it resets. :sweaty-blob:

Since I was too lazy to do most them this whole week, that was quite a task. My BP level was boosted by 3-4 though, thanks to that.
I completed the BP early this week, I bought the more expensive one and I regret it deeply, I miss the daily and weekly BP tasks, and theres enough time to complete the BP without the 10+ levels boost.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Got some fates from the shop discount, pulled Bennett.
Works well with my team and even if he's no Qiqi, he will do well in the Spiral Abyss.
Now if only I could level him up properly :disapproval-blob:
The one saving grace is that you technically don't really need to have everyone at a high level for them to perform their "job".
Only your main damage dealer really should be leveled and geared up as much as possible. I'm realizing that even harder now that I've gotten Razor to 80 yesterday.
Ascended him, leveled him and upgraded some artifacts and suddenly I'd achieved the "spend 500k Mora" weekly BP goal :grimacing-face:
That really makes you think twice if you want/need to level all your supporters as well.
I'm going to work on ascending Barbara as well (if I can deal with Oceanid at WL 5).

And after that I'll put some time into Venti, MC and Kaeya.
Want to try out a team with them and Razor:

Kaeya applies cryo, Venti bundles em up and spreads em, Geo MC plops down a platform so that Razor can climb up and whack them with superconduct and regular attacks :evilblob:
Whether that is efficient or not is anyone's guess but it sure was fun the last time I tried it (without Kaeya though).

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I played some co-op yesterday for the first time outside the event and it really makes some of the more difficult challenges a lot easier.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I played some co-op yesterday for the first time outside the event and it really makes some of the more difficult challenges a lot easier.
Yeah, it's nice. I haven't played co-op that often yet and haven't "needed" it, but it's nice that someone with a higher world level can join someone with a lower one to help out.
Well, and having more characters simultaneously on the field helps too.

In general though, I'm very looking forward to 1.1 next week. Really need some new content, because frankly the "events" so far have been kinda poor, lol.

And here's a potential leak for the upcoming banners:

The left one is supposedly Childe, featuring Diona, Beidou and Ningguang, while the right one is supposedly Zhongli, featuring Xinyan, Chongyun and Razor.
(This does not necessarily mean that Childe will come before Zhongli, as Venti also had a higher number than Klee apparently).

Last edited:

SkyStarblaze

Starlit Entity
Aug 20, 2020
From what I heard the price-increase is not on miHoYo but many other games too as some AppStore rules have changed?

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yay, finally more incentive to explore.

Since people have already explored the majority of the map, I wonder if everyone will have the reputations maxed out from the get go.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yay, finally more incentive to explore.

Since people have already explored the majority of the map, I wonder if everyone will have the reputations maxed out from the get go.
I doubt it. Otherwise the Bounties and quests would be pointless.

Condensed Resin is a bit... underwhelming compared to what I expected it to be. Instead of storing it for later it seems to be primarily a "get double the rewards for double the price in the same time" thing and is limited to only Domains and Leylines.

Also those Magical Crystal Chunks that were mentioned? Apparently you'll need ...drumrolls... Resin to convert them into Weapon exp. Yay.
:steam_pig_deadpan: :02dead:
From the chinese post, which apparently has a few more screenshots:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
The condensed resin was not what I expected kinda worthless IMO.
They're really trying to make you spend as little time as possible with the game after doing all the 1-time content, huh.
I guess 1.1 will be a couple days of main questing and gathering the remaining Oculi and then back to daily commissions and burning resin for a couple weeks.
:02dead:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Why can't we just stock up on resin? 3 condensed resins is just a days worth once it's updated.
If their resin limited events is the issue, to avoid people blowing through the content in no time at all with it (or without, like the crucible last time), just put a daily limit on rewards.
This is just baffling.

I also do not understand why you'd want to spend resin on weapon XP. It's the only thing that is actually easily farmable, and cost you nothing at all but a bit of time going to a few spots every 3 days.
Even for lvl 90, it's not exactly an ordeal like talent books, I wish there was a similar option for everything else!

Reputations are nice enough, but once you've gotten max level, you don't need to do anything anymore.

Hello Mihoyo, have you played a GaaS in the last 15 years? Where are the daily systems? There's almost none, it makes zero sense to see a mobile game not pushing you to come back often. hell, the upcoming changes actually allow you to play less often!
Not even a daily connection reward is absolutely bonkers.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Seems like on top of the new content on November 11, they also give a free Barbara for everyone above AR18 permanently, and it's one extra if you already got the current free one
That's a really good choice, because I can't see how you could do a lot of the content without her as a F2P...

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Barbara is a nice gesture indeed. No more missing out for newcomers.

Anyway, here are some of the new stuff they announced today:

• Childe banner with Diona, Beidou, and Ningguang, as well as their own trials
  • More "Seize the day" daily login rewards with 300 gems
  • Free Barbara for completing her side quest

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Free Barbara is the only thing that makes sense if you don't want to make new players absolutely miserable and should have been obvious in retrospect (given how she was the only "free" water character and there are water puzzles in Liyue), but with Mihoyo's stingyness...

Anyway, looking forward to give the new stuff a try tomorrow onwards. Although I'm not sure if I'll manage to stick with the game until the next big patch.
Doing the "daily routine" for weeks after you finish the one-time content is a miserable experience.

Last edited:
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Today is update 1.1 day! And I got Childe! :evilblob:

Lots and lots of changes, phew. I probably need a few hours to get a grip of everything.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Today is update 1.1 day! And I got Childe! :evilblob:

Lots and lots of changes, phew. I probably need a few hours to get a grip of everything.
Congrats! Was it pity or did you get lucky?

I'm wondering if I should sit out this banner.
I have Beidou already, want* Ningguang, but really do not want Diona. Don't care about Childe either way tbh, but I'm currently not really expecting any 5* and would at most do 10-20 pulls.

*where "want" means "they're gonna sit in my party roster twiddling their thumbs until I have resources to raise a few more characters in a few decades, but I like her design".

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Got Beidou, Diona and Ningguang.
I really like Beidou, but I already have Razor so I'm not so sure about using her much.

Diona is better than I expected, the same kind of useful heal support that Benett does which is nice but not as practical as Barbara and just a bit slow... but being able to spam cryo damage at range while making big shields on the team probably makes her an auto-include in a lot of content, it's not like I have Qiqi.

Ningguang I just love her playstyle, and want more constellations for her.

Less convinced by Childe. He would work well with my team, but he's also pretty one dimensional. Switching between forms mostly mean autoattacking...

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Got Beidou and Diona, don't have resources to level they up tho'.
Some nice QoL and Graphics options, the camera zoom probably the best.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Good grief, the changes to fire damage make pyro characters a huge problem to play, they burn themselves down real fast; it's not tiny chip damage anymore.

Kinda makes me want to throw away Xiangling for most of the content, as I main Razor and overload is now pretty detrimental to your party.
Oh well, superconduct with cryo+electro is even better for Razor.

SkyStarblaze

Starlit Entity
Aug 20, 2020
Good grief, the changes to fire damage make pyro characters a huge problem to play, they burn themselves down real fast; it's not tiny chip damage anymore.

Kinda makes me want to throw away Xiangling for most of the content, as I main Razor and overload is now pretty detrimental to your party.
Oh well, superconduct with cryo+electro is even better for Razor.
They already said due to negative feedback this change will be reversed:

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Congrats! Was it pity or did you get lucky?

I'm wondering if I should sit out this banner.
I have Beidou already, want* Ningguang, but really do not want Diona. Don't care about Childe either way tbh, but I'm currently not really expecting any 5* and would at most do 10-20 pulls.

*where "want" means "they're gonna sit in my party roster twiddling their thumbs until I have resources to raise a few more characters in a few decades, but I like her design".
It was pity that I've saved since the Venti banner. I totally ignored Klee's lol.

Got Beidou and Diona, don't have resources to level they up tho'.
Some nice QoL and Graphics options, the camera zoom probably the best.
Yup, camera zoom is the best QoL change besides confirm and cancel button swap. I always pull the camera away every chance I've got before.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Did a 10 roll and got Diona and Ningguang. I kind of want to roll for Beidou but I just don't care for Tartaglia. As F2P doing it for collecting purposes doesn't seem like a smart choice. Have to save up for Zhongli and Xiao.

I also think it's a bummer that compass item is a one time use but I guess I should've expected it too.

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
I think I'll save my rolls for the next banner, but I can get more chances to get Ningguangs in this banner. :unsure:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
This update was small, I already burned through most of it, but the content was pretty good, I can't wait for a new region to drop.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Current collection of characters. I think I've done pretty decent as F2P. Definitely need a exp book event.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I also think it's a bummer that compass item is a one time use but I guess I should've expected it too.
I actually like that.
It gives you incentive to search for as much as you can naturally (and let's face it, exploration is the biggest strength of the game) and only spend a bit once for the last few ones that get annoying.
Just got the last Anemoculus in Mondstadt :evilblob:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I actually like that.
It gives you incentive to search for as much as you can naturally (and let's face it, exploration is the biggest strength of the game) and only spend a bit once for the last few ones that get annoying.
Just got the last Anemoculus in Mondstadt :evilblob:
I feel like you achieve the same effect with a cool down, which is already in, and not take resources, albeit non rare resources from me.

Does it just fall apart in my hand after use? Luckily I marked the ones I passed by on the map because I didn't feel like grabbing them at that moment. Will have to swing by and grab those..um 99 I left on the map?