Community MetaSteam | August 2024 - What a peaceful moment in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't look at Steam reviews unless I suspect a game has performance issues. Or to any reviews, really.

Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
New Atelier, nice. I need to grab Ryza 2 at some point to continue that saga.

The DS games having their dual screen replicated that way is interesting but having the main screen being off-center is a bit weird. I wonder if they offer any display options, like perhaps an option to bind a key to switch between main screen and map/status. I think I remember playing that way on an emulator once upon a time, just had to remember that switching to the map screen didn't pause the action in the main screen. :toucan:

I imagine Rondo and SotN are next in 3-4 years or whatever, I doubt they are stuck on PlayStation forever.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
DQM and it's not a shadow drop! ... it comes out in two weeks.

I'm sure this one will do well too... at least it's "only" 40€.

I wonder if it'll also have tons of QOL additions like DQ Builders 1 did. Might have been nice if people knew about it before it was dumped on Steam and forgotten.:rolleyes:

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Still nothing on MGS collection Vol. 2 huh.

If its taking them so long it could just mean they are actually working on MGS4. Hopefully a good sign?

Also still no concrete release date on Snake Eater Delta.

Maybe Konami is waiting for Silent Hill 2 to release before shifting marketing focus on Metal Gear.

There is still Tokyo Game Show next month so we will see but Delta is likely next year.

Also those Suikoden games look like must have Deck games for next year. That and the DQ 1+2 hd remakes too.

Its really impressive how every year is a stacked RPG year. And we can pretty much declare that fact months before the new year starts lol.

No shortage of great games to play. Backlog weeps.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Still nothing on MGS collection Vol. 2 huh.

If its taking them so long it could just mean they are actually working on MGS4. Hopefully a good sign?

Also still no concrete release date on Snake Eater Delta.

Maybe Konami is waiting for Silent Hill 2 to release before shifting marketing focus on Metal Gear.

There is still Tokyo Game Show next month so we will see but Delta is likely next year.

Also those Suikoden games look like must have Deck games for next year. That and the DQ 1+2 hd remakes too.

Its really impressive how every year is a stacked RPG year. And we can pretty much declare that fact months before the new year starts lol.

No shortage of great games to play. Backlog weeps.
TGS will reveal the Delta date but its definitely next year

Reactions: yuraya

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Based on screenshots so far, Sky remake seems to be using the XSEED script, but still no news about who's publishing the western release, maybe self published by Falcom themselves?

I hope it comes to PC, but if it does, and if Falcom is self publishing, I really hope it's not a Clouded Leopard port... x-x
Was the western release even confirmed? I've only seen a Japanese trailer. I was wondering if this is at least partially motivated by wanting NISA to handle as much of the series as possible in the West. If they remake the entire Sky trilogy and give them to NISA, that would leave only Cold Steel 1 and 2 tied to XSEED.

I wonder what XSEED have the rights to specifically, though. If they retain the rights to the english script, then the remake might need a new localization. But if they just have the publishing rights for the original game, then Falcom might be free to use their script in the remake without involving them. It would be weird as hell for XSEED to publish this after everything that's happened, tbh.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Going by your stellar taste in videogames, I would be inclined to agree with this statement quite sincerely - so it's a shame you're being facetious! :disappointed-face:
Oh, thank you kind sir.
I greatly appreciate you returning from years of absence just to pass me this wonderful compliment.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Precisely.

I guess I have to amend my statement to say "Steam reviews are a fantastic tool to understand whether you'll enjoy a game. The best there is, really. If you are capable of understanding context and reading rather than looking at a number and raging".

Reactions: thekeats1999

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Lots of good stuff in a random partner/indie direct, feels like switch/pc are keeping the industry alive like it's business as usual & it's 2006 rather than bleak 24. I dunno where the hate comes from for some folks, it was partners and indies so it wasn't gonna have some first party megaton, I think it had lots of great stuff, some of the collections and remasters like capcom's and tales of graces, remakes like trails and all new stuff like atelier and rune factory looked pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Lots of good stuff in a random partner/indie direct, feels like switch/pc are keeping the industry alive like it's business as usual & it's 2006 rather than bleak 24. I dunno where the hate comes from for some folks, it was partners and indies so it was't gonna have some first party megaton, I think it had lots of good stuff, some of the collections and remasters like capcom's and tales of graces, remakes like trails and all new stuff like atelier and rune factory looked pretty sweet.
People hating on no big announcements, meanwhile me on PC like

"Trails in the Sky remake? Capcom letting Project Justice leave the Dreamcast? Konami rereleasing Order of Ecclesia? New Atelier game? Remaster of Graces F?"

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
Lots of good stuff in a random partner/indie direct, feels like switch/pc are keeping the industry alive like it's business as usual & it's 2006 rather than bleak 24. I dunno where the hate comes from for some folks, it was partners and indies so it wasn't gonna have some first party megaton, I think it had lots of great stuff, some of the collections and remasters like capcom's and tales of graces, remakes like trails and all new stuff like atelier and rune factory looked pretty sweet.
i'm genuinely confused what the people I see expressing disappointment in it were even hoping to see here, i've seen a lot of people calling it weak but very little in the way of specifics as to what they actually wanted

personally once it was announced as a partner showcase my hopes for it were basically just seeing a release date for the Suikoden games which we did get alongside a few other things on top of that

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I mean the majority of what was announced at the partner side was late ports and more low budget remasters. I'm even going to buy one of them (castlevania) but it's not the most exciting stuff.

It doesn't help when a big new game does come out (star wars) and it's a sloppy mess. I found out the black bars don't even do anything, they appear to be an overlay instead of a proper aspect ratio. There's no performance difference between using them or not using them lol. I heard they launched the ps5 version without the latest patch and pushing the patch makes people have to restart from scratch :LOL:

• Shrug
Reactions: Alextended

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
forgot there was an early access thing for age of mythology dropping tonight

I usually don't buy into that early release stuff but the premium edition for this is only like 12 bucks more and comes with 2 future expansions so I probably will for once

Reactions: lashman

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I mean the majority of what was announced at the partner side was late ports and more low budget remasters. I'm even going to buy one of them (castlevania) but it's not the most exciting stuff.
Well, some of these late ports and remasters are highly request by the fans of these specific franchises, better to have these for the fans that want them, than to abandon these games on ancient hardware.

For me at least, Tales of Graces f is especially welcomed, since Bamco has been really slow at re-releasing their back catalog.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
That doesn't make any sense since I've felt this way about steam reviews (user stuff in general) for the longest time. The fact none of you can respond to anything without taking some jab at ff7 shows insecurity in yourselves, not me.
Having that opinion of user reviews is fine - you wouldnt take a Metacritic user review at face value. But it doesnt make sense to compare Steam reviews to user reviews, because they can only be done by users who actually bought the game. You cant tell people who actually bought the game that their positive or negative opinions are invalid, thats their personal opinion.

True, it can technically still be affected by people who buy a game to leave a bad review then refund it, but the number of people who are big enough losers to do this (buy game they hate, install, leave bad review, uninstall, refund) is assuredly low enough to be insignificant.
Well just speaking for this year it's been a really weak year outside of rebirth. I have not yet played everything I wanted to, I think I just have yakuza 8 left, but everything else was mediocre or worse. I'm looking at the new mana reviews and it seems to have turned out how I expected to- completely forgettable and average. So cross another one off the list.
See, there you go. For you, its been a really weak year outside of Rebirth. For you.

Others might not share the same opinion, I certainly dont, so you would understand if some people take offense to holding up your own take as the absolute truth.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I was grinning from ear to ear during the whole direct and was confused by some internet reactions. I guess if you are not a JRPG fan you may feel disappointed but there was definitely something for everyone.

Also Peglin 1.0 is out on steam, too.
For me at least, Tales of Graces f is especially welcomed, since Bamco has been really slow at re-releasing their back catalog.
Yeah they are too slow given their scale. Capcom, SQEX and even Konami know how to make quick money from their back catalog so hopefully Bamco can speed up asap.

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
See, there you go. For you, its been a really weak year outside of Rebirth. For you.

Others might not share the same opinion, I certainly dont, so you would understand if some people take offense to holding up your own take as the absolute truth.
Nah most people seem to agree it's been a really weak year especially compared to last year.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Interesting video on Astrobot. The creative director is asked if the game will come to PSVR2 and he flat out says no but when it comes to PC he says, "We want to hear from you."
"We want to hear from you."

Who does this guy think he is? You aren't Bloodborne or Demon Souls.

Start working on that port bruh. It should be in the testing stage by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.