Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
its exfat
sooo MS doesnt support their own filesystems? weird

~

I'm in that mood of not knowing what to play anymore, augh.
Don't play anything. Watch movies, read books, go outside, wait 7 days, play Elden Ring :smart-thinking-blob:
do what I do, procrastinate all day and then play nothing
for me its currently either play nothing – or play Cities Skylines & forget time and space exists. maybe there should be a middle ground :p

~

Northern Journey looks really interesting, but I had to refund it because the field of view is set way too high (120 I believe). It can't be adjusted, and apparently the developer mentioned it would be difficult to allow that option with the way he designed it. This may not be an issue for some people, but I can't stand the severe warped distortion of moving your camera.
I like high FOVs, usually play at 100-110. Those screenshots look quite extreme tho

~

Greedfall is the most uninteresting game Ive played in a long time. Happy Im finished with it soon.
Hmm I wonder why? I mean, everyone can think whatever about the games they play, I just really liked Greedfall, so Im wondering why you find it so uninteresting

~

Going to need to put more time into the original [Submerged] first, but yeah! :D
I havent actually played it yet... or maybe it was one of my "play it for 30 minutes, think 'ok, this is nice, i'll have to play it proper sometime", then never play it again"

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Hmm I wonder why? I mean, everyone can think whatever about the games they play, I just really liked Greedfall, so Im wondering why you find it so uninteresting
Im fairly sure it is because I have played so damn many rpgs and open world rpgs than another open world rpg really need to stand out in many ways in order for me to find it interesting and not boring.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Does anyone know how to make screenshots that take DLDSR into account?
Steam, Game Bar, and in-game photo-mode screenshots take the raw, not downsampled resolution but that's useless since it's missing all the AI magic. I figured Geforce Experience might be able to do it, but it gives me a weird 1080p screenshot that is only part of the actual screen cause I'm on a 1440p monitor (wtf?).

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Greedfall is the most uninteresting game Ive played in a long time. Happy Im finished with it soon.
Curious, I really loved most of the Spiders RPGs I played so far, and I assume Greedfalls falls mostly into the same genre as all their other games. Of course, they have a lot of that Eurojank feel, and they are clearly aiming for way more than they can chew most of the time, basically wanting to do modern 3D BioWare games.

I haven't played Greedfall myself so far, what exactly does bore you about it?

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
PSA: Lost Ark

The EU West servers are online. Things to know:

- crystal aura is accountwide, so you will have crystal aura on the new region
- you get 15 days crystal aura on the third day for the separate EU West login event, as crystal aura is serverwide, this will count to your time on your main region/server
- you also get 500 crystal on one of the days of the login event, which nets you nearly another 30 days crystal aura (I think 520 crystal for 30 days, and you get 10 crystal for the first quest you do and another ten a bit later)
Wait so does this mean I should create a new EUW character and play it a bit until I can get 45 days of aura for my main character on EU central?

...basically wanting to do modern 3D BioWare games.
What a tragic benchmark for aim for.

• Toucan
Reactions: NarohDethan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Altus is teasing a new Soul Hackers and Stranger Things 4 got a release date. Good times.

Finished SMTV. I hope a PC version comes soon. I can't get enough of it. If it weren't for the possibility of it getting a port I'd dive right back into it which is something I very rarely do.
Best crew XD

If i try i could be done with first game this week XD
That would indeed be the best crew if you were playing as FemShep.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea I'm not expecting a good port at all.

FROMs first attempt at an open world game and all the effects/mechanics shown in the trailers I can't see them optimizing this game all that well. Hopefully its a fast and minor fix as with stuttering its easy to find the culprit. I just hope there aren't any crash issues like with DS3 bonfire shit at launch.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The open world, the story, the characters, somewhat the combat.
Can't comment on the open world, as their previous games were more linear. But the other two are kinda on point, lol. I don't know what it is about their games that still draws me in. There's just something satisfying about running around in them, solving basic quests and the janky combat that is easy to break.

• Eyes

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Journo friend of mine says its supposed to be getting a patch day 1 or before that so here's hoping it gets acceptable.
Problem is it already had the 1.1 patch and game ready drivers...
Is your friend confirming those problems are real or they don't know/can't say?

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Regarding Elden Ring, I think the RAM requirement being 12GB for minimum is a big red flag. PS4 only has 8GB.

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
You still need to play for some times to get those last 20 crystals to buy the aura right?
Yeah, don't remember the exact time, but it shouldn't take more than a few hours.
And even if you don't want to play those hours, you get 100 crystals on login day 10 for the normal login event

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Im fairly sure it is because I have played so damn many rpgs and open world rpgs than another open world rpg really need to stand out in many ways in order for me to find it interesting and not boring.
I love the setting of Greedfall, but yes, it's pretty much the poster child of dead-ass game world with gameplay that you've seen the entirety of in 6 hours (it's crazy how fast you unlock your last "class" skill and then have to mix with other stuff).
Progression is king in videogames, and I'm not talking about getting more stat sticks, but new tools to play with in new situations. Something that Greedfall certainly never did.

Speaking of awful progression: done with Lost Ark.
From start to finish, never any interesting loot, just grind the shit story, then grind the shit islands, then grind the shit dungeons for +1 to your item level, rince and repeat.
Don't care one bit about the fake progression like FF14, but with an awful story on top.

Good combat doesn't make a game. Again, no progression, new situations and tools to play, no reason to play.
More than done with the "play my trash for a 100h and then... it's still trash but players are in full sunk cost fallacy and will try to get more to play". Why should I care about dungeons if they don't get me anything good? To watch the pretty visuals? Thanks, I have youtube.

• Eyes

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
So it's a completely free new DLC for Banner Brothers!
It's called:
‘Of Flesh and Faith’ DLC Announcement
Alongside this meaty free DLC full of new content will also come a sizable update to existing content. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes. Both the DLC and the free update will arrive for PC on March 10th

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
After playing 30+ hours in Witcher 3 I started to spend some time to play Gwent to get better cards. At start I always lose as I seem to have bad cards when my opponents always have better cards than me.
Gwent is kinda addicting...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Next up for me now before Elden Ring is Forbidden West (bought yesterday) and Outriders. Outriders is better than I expected, negative so far is the waves of enemies, often get's tiresome.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I'm picturing a scene where From Software gives complimentary chocolate in basket gifts but people still give bad reviews to the game and Miyazaki and Tanimura go to them pretending to have the basket gifts back and shouting:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You know what, Im not gonna do any sort of pessimistic route with Elden Ring on PC, Im just gonna wait and see until I actually start playing it. No need to create drama in me if it's not needed.

I have a PS5, so I could of course play it on my PS5 (apparently, PS4 version on PS5 is the best console version according to those who played the network test), but I really need to have access to mods, cheat engine/trainers (will be playing the game offline as Ive always done with Soulslikes) and high framerate.

PS5 doesn't give me any of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.