Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Oh my. A Solo Leveling game for PC/Mobile. Sure looks good :blobeyes:
Solo Leveling is definitely style over substance, but it has that style in spades and that trailer sure seems to capture that. 🤞
Also in case you're wondering, it seems to be a singleplayer Action-RPG, not a gacha.

I am going to try to get back into Solo Leveling but it was weird. I understand that's it's based off an LN but the webtoon just left out information so it felt like 2 different stories in the beginning.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
So I'm confused by this, I own the Humble version of Control. What would actually happen if I took up that bundle? It's technically worth it for Disco alone as the bundle shows a price to me lower than Disco standalone. Am I right in guessing the issue here is it wouldn't upgrade Control despite counting it towards the discount?
Humble Choice gave Control Ultimate which is not Ultimate it is just base game even though the icon and the name is Ultimate. You can't buy the DLC separately from Steam, you have to buy the Ultimate again to gain access to DLC.

Store page price:

After adding it to cart price:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Gelf

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Oh, so it's going up for Argentina, Brasil and a few other regions?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
But you are right. I miss the days when something like Tokyo Jungle would be released.
Now that's a name I haven't read in a while. That was a quirky game in all the best ways. But yeah, this doesn't seem like something Sony would be creating these days.

Valve has responsed to updated Wolfire & Dark Catt lawsuits.

Wolfire one is available here:

It's interesting that this is actually readable for a layman. Ponderous and repetitive, sure, and reliant on tons of references to existing cases, but not so seeped in jargon that you can't follow it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This is incredible! Sadly my 1660 super won't be able to run this, but I'm looking forward to play it later when I have a new GPU.
Im still planning on building my new PC once the 4080 is out, been rocking my GTX 1080 since it released. So it all depends on the GPU availability when the 4080 is out. If the availability is bad, Im gonna have to wait till 5080 is out. Im getting all the components at once.

I've had my current PC for 6 years this may. Which I found to be pretty great. This will be the longest time period between my PCs.

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Humble Choice gave Control Ultimate which is not Ultimate it is just base game even though the icon and the name is Ultimate. You can't buy the DLC separately from Steam, you have to buy the Ultimate again to gain access to DLC.

Store page price:

Ahh I didn't think to test that, adding it to my cart does indeed bump the bundle price up by £10 so it's best to just look for the best deal on Disco alone.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
No, prices were messed up but they lowered them yesterday.
Thanks for the tip! I had been ignoring Luminous Avenger IX2 because of Inti's new pricing policy (even on Xbox, their regional pricing is... uh, questionable), but I copped it as soon as I read that Steam post of theirs and saw the price adjustment.

I had previously been supporting Inti Creates whenever they released new stuff (big fan of their work in general), but dropped that practice hard when they abruptly jacked up their prices by an absurd amount - felt like a stab in the back. Glad to see they've come around.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

Store page price:

That's not entirely true. I got Control from humble and bought the season pass (can't remember from where though) so effectively I own the ultimate edition, as evidenced by the fact I can get that bundle for 14€, and didn't need to buy the full game again.

• Eyes

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
That's not entirely true. I got Control from humble and bought the season pass (can't remember from where though) so effectively I own the ultimate edition, as evidenced by the fact I can get that bundle for 14€, and didn't need to buy the full game again.
Yes, you could buy it from Humble Store The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity., but not from Steam (nowadays) because 505, Epic and HB are a-holes.

The ultimate scam was the fact that they advertised the Control Ultimate which is not Ultimate until you complete it one way or another.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Im still planning on building my new PC once the 4080 is out,
Same here, I'm waiting for the 4000 generation. I still have plenty of games in my backlog that my current setup can run, and hopefully my Steam Deck arrives next month.

I'm really looking forward to play Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 though, so hopefully the 4000 cards will arrive later this year with an affordable price. I don't want to spend more than €1000 for a new GPU, since I only play a handful of demanding AAA games each year.
Getting the urge to play dome Anno... Is 1800 any good?
Thinking about playing some 1404 or 2070...
1404 has been waiting in my backlog for years. Let me know if it's any good if you decide to play it.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I was going to buy Monster Hunter Stories 2 on GMG, but the lunar new year thing they're doing, where a purchase comes with a free game, only applies to a very small selection of games I either already have or don't intend to buy yet. And that's annoyed me enough that I won't get it.

The list of games they're willing to give away codes for is probably pretty dire, anyway.

• Eyes

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Getting the urge to play dome Anno... Is 1800 any good?
Thinking about playing some 1404 or 2070...
I really really like Anno 1800. I also enjoyed Anno 1701 but I played it on... Nintendo DS...
Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy there modern games, except for Naughty Dog (and even then I will be getting the collection for the side story game), but I just find they are as guilty of the problems behind a Ubi collectathon. Or used to at any rate. With Ubi's push to GaaS and the average length of an Ass Creed I am swinging back to Sony Games a bit more.

But you are right. I miss the days when something like Tokyo Jungle would be released. Or Vib Ribbon. Or The Legend of Dragoon. Or Patapon (and now I have the tune stuck in my head).

And there are some games I will be there day 1 for however. Ghosts of Tsushima and Spider-Man. I bounced off Spider-Man because of a second chase sequence and hated a couple of the stealth sections, but would love to give Miles Morales a try.
Heck, Sony published Jumping Flash. There was WipEout and Warhawk (the classic especially). I feel like the theme of these games is very unlike modern Sony (Astro Bot being the last bastion of this style at Sony), and they wouldn't go to them.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Been thinking about starting it also. I’m in the mood for a meaty RPG.
Keep in mind it's relatively hardcore, though. But I suppose it's nothing the integrated difficulty sliders and a good guide can't fix. Still, be prepared, it's a faithful adaptation of the tabletop RPG, and it shows. I mean, Owlcat obviously tried to make it as user friendly as they could, but... yeah.
TFW you try to make sense of a rule and end up on the tabletop RPG wiki :drinking-blob:

Truth fact : There is a character I never leveled up because I can't be arsed to make sense of it. It's an extreme, but it speaks volumes. I'm talking about the Wildcard DLC character. She is cool, but even when I read a guide I feel like half my upgrades will be misplaced.

Last edited:

FunnyJay