Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Ok, so I played a little more of R&C and the port is not a slam dunk as I first thought. Had a couple of crashes and some terrible sudden frame drops (which was weird since the game was running well and then suddenly the frames would drop in the same scenario), I deactivated DLSS3 and just went for normal DLSS 2 quality and now the game is running consistently well and with no new crashes. Also, the whole rift transition stuff is not as seamless on my SSD (WD NVME), it's not terrible, but it's noticeable.

I'm playing the game on very high settings with no RT, RTX 4070, and a Ryzen 5 3600

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Ok, so I played a little more of R&C and the port is not a slam dunk as I first thought. Had a couple of crashes and some terrible sudden frame drops (which was weird since the game was running well and then suddenly the frames would drop in the same scenario), I deactivated DLSS3 and just went for normal DLSS 2 quality and now the game is running consistently well and with no new crashes. Also, the whole rift transition stuff is not as seamless on my SSD (WD NVME), it's not terrible, but it's noticeable.

I'm playing the game on very high settings with no RT, RTX 4070, and a Ryzen 5 3600
Turn it down to High. I tested FSR 2.1 Quality with Very High settings and it seems to tank performance and stutters for no apparent reason vs no FSR High setting.

• Love
Reactions: Sobatronix

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood is releasing on August 16th, there is a demo available and after I played it during the latest Steam Next Fest it made me a lot more interested in it.

:blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes:
I'm so glad that HoT is getting more exposure as it has the potential to blew up like Vampire Survivors did.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm heavily depressed, always unlucky, and instead of playing a fucking game to change my mind I decided to set up my deck again after RMA. Re-installing Emudeck. And trying Decky Loader.
WHAT COULD GO WRONG ?

(don't answer that :sweaty-blob:)

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
New Humble Bundle. A nice Mythforce pre-order package:

$30 -

MythForce (Pre-order)

$12 -

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Neverwinter Nights: Complete Adventures

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Baldur's Gate: Faces of Good and Evil

$6 -

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Really great bundle for $12... if I didn't already have everything but the BG expansions.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I'll take it. The bugs seem minor and should be cleaned up quickly.
Well it's not minor when you advertise feature like additional RT shadows and they end up looking worse that non RT shadows. And some wonky implementation of upscalers.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Nah the movie was really really great. Going for an Imax screening is an experience. You should do it if you have the chance.
I have been checking Prague Imax (only 70mm cinema in continental europe, apparently) every day and literaly every showing I checked so far has been sold out apart from the shittiest seats. I have no idea if I will manage to get to see it there at this point.
You saw the 70mm version?

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Remnant II is using UE5. Any impression about stuttering for you guys and gals? Is it improved from UE4 or it's still the same?
No Stuttering in the game from my side, just heavy on GPU so DLSS etc... is a must.

Also, the whole rift transition stuff is not as seamless on my SSD (WD NVME), it's not terrible, but it's noticeable.

Depends what you mean by transition issues , because I'm playing the PS+ version on PS5 and there is always a small stutter/hitch when moving through those wormholes to another level, you can always tell when the next level has been loaded. So if it is that then it is the same as PS5.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Okay, so fuck Winpinator, apparently the last version doesn't work anymore with folders located on the Deck SD.
Now I'm back at square one, I don't know how to easily send files to my Deck.

Oh, right there is KDE Connect. THE easy solution, by the KDE team, look no further.
But don't try to send a folder. It doesn't work.
You wot, m8 ? Are you alright ?

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Well it's not minor when you advertise feature like additional RT shadows and they end up looking worse that non RT shadows. And some wonky implementation of upscalers.
It's subjective of course but personally I do consider those minor because they don't affect playability. I can live with those.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
I have been checking Prague Imax (only 70mm cinema in continental europe, apparently) every day and literaly every showing I checked so far has been sold out apart from the shittiest seats. I have no idea if I will manage to get to see it there at this point.
You saw the 70mm version?
Sadly no, it was IMAX laser in Amsterdam. I wish I could see the 70mm version...

Reactions: Paul

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Okay, so fuck Winpinator, apparently the last version doesn't work anymore with folders located on the Deck SD.
Now I'm back at square one, I don't know how to easily send files to my Deck.

Oh, right there is KDE Connect. THE easy solution, by the KDE team, look no further.
But don't try to send a folder. It doesn't work.
You wot, m8 ? Are you alright ?
Winpinator doesn't even work on my deck (probably i did something wrong) so I just transfer files through USB drives. A bit cumbersome but works fine.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I wouldn't reduce Ratchet lod setting thing lower than Ultra, certain things are very noticably popping in even a notch lower. Other settings are easier to reduce.

What setting does PS5 use, cos if it's not Ultra there I dunno how it was praised so universally for its visuals, unless people mentioned this flaw and I missed it.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Jesus christ FF16’s combat suuuuuuucks

it’s serviceable enough in isolation but over the course of a ~35hr game noooo
Bluntly it’s just far too simple and every encounter is handled the same way

I’m about 20hrs or so in now and it is such a f*cking chore now

And it’s a big shame cos I have been enjoying the story and still want to finish it but I’m astounded this game has enjoyed the review scores that it has

(fwiw, my experience with the FF series is fairly limited if that makes any difference, this is only my 3rd FF game after 8 (which I played as a kid and didn’t really get) and 15)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Jesus christ FF16’s combat suuuuuuucks

it’s serviceable enough in isolation but over the course of a ~35hr game noooo
Bluntly it’s just far too simple and every encounter is handled the same way

I’m about 20hrs or so in now and it is such a f*cking chore now

And it’s a big shame cos I have been enjoying the story and still want to finish it but I’m astounded this game has enjoyed the review scores that it has

(fwiw, my experience with the FF series is fairly limited if that makes any difference, this is only my 3rd FF game after 8 (which I played as a kid and didn’t really get) and 15)
They should have continued with FF7 style IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.