Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I reached Andale in Fallout 3 again after all these years. I know there are some people love shitting on Bethesda's work on Fallout 3 / complaining how inferior this game is compared with New Vegas, Andale and the infamous Vault "Gary" 108 are among my top 5 most unforgettable locations between the two games because both nearly made me shit my pants in the past. The atmosphere in these two places is top-notch.

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Earlier this month, when the listings for Dungeons & Dragons re-releases appeared on Steam, I posted some info about the company publishing these, SNEG:

Since not many people venture outside of the main Steam thread, I would like to point out Krvavi Abadas's thread with some further research and info on who this company is, since this team of mostly ex-GOG staff currently lack an online presence.
It's well worth a look:

reposting for new page

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way have any of the games from the Heroine bundle on humble bundle been a part of Humble Monthly?

I just don't want to pay $20 to find out that I already have those games. I am not sure about cloud punk or if serverrd where already a part of it.

I think gears 5 is the only 1 that I don't already own and maybe bloodstained?

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Yeah it's always crazy, I posted on here a year or two ago when i sold a foil pack for around $70, which allowed me to get Resident evil 8 day 1 and some other game.
I've got another Foil that I believe sells for $500, still waiting on someone to buy that though.
Holy shit I had no idea they went that high. Small pool of buyers undoubtedly but that is still wild. Is your $500 from a rare game?
EITR is still being worked on! Not sure how far they are, they just say its still in development whenever asked.
Glad to hear it! Hopefully the game still holds up decently well when it releases as the genre and style have been done fairly often since the original announcement.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
By the way have any of the games from the Heroine bundle on humble bundle been a part of Humble Monthly?

I just don't want to pay $20 to find out that I already have those games. I am not sure about cloud punk or if serverrd where already a part of it.

I think gears 5 is the only 1 that I don't already own and maybe bloodstained?
Let me help you with this curator.

I'm not sure whether you meant only "Monthly" or just "Monthly" and "Choice". Sorry, I've got confused by it so I will assume you meant both in which case Humble

"Choiced":

- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (August 21)

"Monthlied":

- Tacoma (Feb 18)

It's rather unfortunate we lost Wok, he would have given you a better and proper answer.

Reason: typos
  • Hug
Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

I feel like the only person who still hasn’t played Elden Ring yet; I’ll get to it after a few more games from the backlog but Dunkey’s comments on the difficulty at the end are quite off putting

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
How do we all feel about this game at this point? I remember at it's reveal, it was given a pretty cold shoulder due to Rowling.
After watching the 14 minute gameplay reveal, I think it looks really good! I plan to play it, despite Rowling, though I get that it's a dealbreaker for many people.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
How do we all feel about this game at this point? I remember at it's reveal, it was given a pretty cold shoulder due to Rowling.
Rowling is still a vile asshole. I feel really bad for the franchise being stuck to a creator that has nothing better to do with her time than actively make peoples lives miserable.

With that said the game looked really cool but WB regional pricing + pretty much guaranteed to be 70 bucks means I don't even have to put in effort to not give JKR money. I'll grab it eventually because a Harry Potter RPG is my fucking childhood dream but that's gonna be at a heavy discount.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It's easy to ignore HP when the most relevant memory I have about it is a bad date :evilblob:

If people want to play it that's fine just don't pretend you're not enriching someone who has, is and will use her wealth to damage minorities.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands

I feel like the only person who still hasn’t played Elden Ring yet; I’ll get to it after a few more games from the backlog but Dunkey’s comments on the difficulty at the end are quite off putting
Soul like games are not doing it for me either. I said fuck this after a few hours of Dark Souls 1 and never looked back.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Stephen Wilhite, one of the lead inventors of the GIF, died last week from COVID at the age of 74, according to his wife, Kathaleen, who spoke to The Verge. He was surrounded by family when he passed. His obituary page notes that “even with all his accomplishments, he remained a very humble, kind, and good man.”
R.I.P.

The Internet wouldn't be the same without his contributions in the creation of the JIF.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Game looked good, but the entire IP is tainted because the creator is an evil bastard.
Basically this. At this point there's really no way to separate that vile woman from the IP. I personally don't give a shit about HP so it's an easy pass. If impressions are insanely good I may pick it up on sale years later but otherwise meh.

That being said, if someone is a huge Harry Potter fan then I wouldn't really blame them for playing it. Like, let's be real. JKR is already a billionaire. Whether this game is a huge hit or bombs horribly is going to have no noticeable impact on her wallet. So it's not like one more copy sold or one less makes any real difference here.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Isn't there any other wizard academy IP to use instead of this one? With no new movies etc. surely there's little reason for it, if the game can sell on its merits....

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Isn't there any other wizard academy IP to use instead of this one? With no new movies etc. surely there's little reason for it, if the game can sell on its merits....
There is no reason to use any other IP when basically wast majority of mainstream people didn't even heard about JKR sh*t. HP is still enormous IP, just look at number of views on that gameplay video. And there are movies, one is coming out this year Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.

• This!
Reactions: xinek and Tomasety

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I am very surprised to find out that the FF13 graphic mods are relatively new. The mod for FF13 was released in 2020, still getting update in Jan this year, and the one for FF13-2 was just released last year. I assume the creator is working on one for Lightning Returns?

Off topic, the newly-announced Omega x Swatch collaboration shook me to my core. I don't need it I need it I don't need it I need it I don't need it I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I don't know how to feel about the new Witcher with UnrealEngine.

UE has never been an engine for open world rpgs. There is a certain jank to it that fits better with open world action games like Batman or third person shooter etc. but an rpg like Witcher with sword combat, dialogue convos, cities etc. I see new Witcher not playing well at all but graphics should be good from the marketing perspective.

I think they should have stuck to Redengine. I know CP2077 had a lot of issues but the core tech was still impressive asf. The game was ridiculously ambitious but mechanically sound. Crazy that they would give up on it.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I don't know how to feel about the new Witcher with UnrealEngine.

UE has never been an engine for open world rpgs. There is a certain jank to it that fits better with open world action games like Batman or third person shooter etc. but an rpg like Witcher with sword combat, dialogue convos, cities etc. I see new Witcher not playing well at all but graphics should be good from the marketing perspective.

I think they should have stuck to Redengine. I know CP2077 had a lot of issues but the core tech was still impressive asf. The game was ridiculously ambitious but mechanically sound. Crazy that they would give up on it.
Days Gone was ok open world experience so it can be done. In one hand not bothering with engine development and maintaining documentation for it should help them work faster. Sure they will need to develop specific tools like quest systems and other RPG systems but that should be one time thing. But in the other hand in-house engines are more flexible in some ways and are tailor made for type of games that studio makes.

But we will see, I am not saying that it is impossible but UE can't be good for every type of game and I don't like consolidation in engine space that UE is causing.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and yuraya

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
While not gaming related in anyway, shape or form I do love the Cinematic Trailers GW put out for the new Rule Books. So the Horus Heresy (set 10,000 years before Warhammer 40K) is getting a new ruleset. Not that interesting really, except for this:-

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

The developers of this game was bought out by crypto exchange and they are planning to add NFTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.