Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
So many people on different forums and social media platforms keep talking about what Sony/MS should acquire next and here Im just not giving a fuck about it. Why? Because what happens, happens, Im not gonna use my time with this console warrior nonsense, it is console warriorism this acquisition fighting.

Some people think even Sony wants to acquire CDPR for GOG or Epic for EGS to get a better place in the PC market not realizing both are doing badly.
Sony being interested in GOG would be rich considering one of the biggest black holes for classic PC games being unavailable digitally is on them (Psygnosis titles). I don't believe that for a second.

I sometimes feel like the only person banging this drum(partially because people forget Sony own them) now but with Sony being on PC now I wish they remembered they own the back catalogue of a once prominent publisher of home computer games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, can this month end now ?
I was very unwise in March and would like to begin April now, pretty plz.

Big games I didn't buy - RE4, TLOU
Indies I didn't buy - Terra Nil, Dredge

I don't really care for RE4, at least not in a need to play now way, as I have pretty good memory of vanilla and don't feel the need for another serving. I don't really want to play TLOU as it seems to be a miserably bleak experience mood-wise, but at the same time still tempted. Terra Nil seems a little limited and pricey, and Dredge, well, the same.
I KNOW that I make it seems like the choice is obvious.
But still.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Finally found this... :toucan:

Very interesting! so Valve still has some room to grow in the EU before it becomes a VLOP. But not too much :p

Where are Epic's, MS' and GoG's statements? Steam's was at least relatively easy to find.

Edit: Reading this post again it's very annoying to say that it's relatively easy to find the source, but not link it. Here it is (at the bottom).

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

The new Persona game meant for the Chinese market has some hilarious censorship.
This is quite funny. But I actually like a few of these.

I’d still quite like to see this game in the West, but not as a gacha, which is even less likely than it ever leaving China.

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

Josh Sawyer posted a video on his Youtube channel about the development of Pentiment.
Here too :plsblob:

Reactions: Dandy and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Very interesting! so Valve still has some room to grow in the EU before it becomes a VLOP. But not too much :p

Where are Epic's, MS' and GoG's statements? Steam's was at least relatively easy to find.

Edit: Reading this post again it's very annoying to say that it's relatively easy to find the source, but not link it. Here it is (at the bottom).
Should be noted that it's only visible in EU on Steam.

Review The Epic Games Terms of Service (near bottom)

EGS is actually very close to Steam.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: thekeats1999

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hopefully Life by You gets an artstyle of some kind! The amount of customization/modding sounds great but it looks very cheap.
Modders will add texture packs, new models etc so i'm not too bothered about it.
I'm waiting for "The Sims 3 Collection" to go on another sale and i'll pick that up and mod the shit out of it too just like it did with Sims 4, lol
I also have Sims 1 & 2 Complete Packs and a bunch of mods for them but Sims 1 is so old it's more of a curiosity, Sims 2 is still eminently playable though.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Is the limit not 45 million users? Still a bit to go there.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I probably did best trade since Diablo 3 Reapers of Soul Beta key (then i got i think Max Payne 3 pre-order (that came with Midnight Club 2), Sniper Elite V2 pre order and Alan Wake America Nightmare. Now i traded F1 2020 Humble key (game got delisted) for TLoU Part 1 XD

• Eyes
Reactions: MomoVideo and Vantr

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Modders will add texture packs, new models etc so i'm not too bothered about it.
I'm waiting for "The Sims 3 Collection" to go on another sale and i'll pick that up and mod the shit out of it too just like it did with Sims 4, lol
I also have Sims 1 & 2 Complete Packs and a bunch of mods for them but Sims 1 is so old it's more of a curiosity, Sims 2 is still eminently playable though.
Man I havent played Sims 2 in ages. That game was great – and while Sims 3 and 4 are not bad by any means, Sims 2 was just such an improvement from the first game (already a great game in itself) when it came out. It annoys me I missed it when EA gave the full collection away on Origin for free. Dunno why they delisted it or why they never put Sims 1 on digital storefronts. I still have the Sims 1 disc (tried to play it a couple of months ago but couldnt get it to run), but I have no clue where Sims 2 went. I wish EA would just put in some minimum effort, toss it onto storefronts for cheap along with a disclaimer "probably wont run on modern machines, buy at your own risk" etc

I will buy it on the winter sale so I can play Tifu.

Tifa makes it instantly a mustplay :p

currently unpacking :)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Any reviews or something on the state of the PC port? From what I remember, the last port of a Naughty Dog game arrived kinda hot and it made sense to wait for fixes.
I dont think so; as was mentioned earlier, Sony didnt send out review copies

but not to worry, I am bravely gonna ....wait until its unpacked and then give it a go ;)
should be ready to play in a couple minutes on my Linux machine. Steam Deck and Windows PC, where I also installed it, are way slower at unpacking

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I really hope this motherboard releases here in Portugal until the Ryzen 7800X3D launch, I have a 2 weeks vacation right after easter and would like to upgrade my PC then, and this board is the only one outside of Asus boards that has everything I want for a price I'm willing to pay (and I really want to avoid AM5 Asus boards, not hearing good things about them with the newer BIOS versions):

I've seen this board starting to show up in german and austrian shops in the last few days or so, so hopefully it won't take very long for it to arrive to the shops here.

Reactions: C-Dub

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

Iron Galaxy Seal of Quality™
Well, on the bright side, if it does turn out to be a shit port then I'll be able to just keep playing and replaying RE4 to my heart's content until they fix TLoU. :upside-down-face:

Also, hopefully it'll be the last Sony contract Iron Galaxy gets...

Status
Not open for further replies.