Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
If I ever play an AC game it will be Odyssey, love Greek mythology and Kassandra seems pretty cool. The size of the game is off-putting though, girlfriend reviews really put into perspective for me how massive it is, I'm only willing to put that kind of time into a game of a series I'm very invested in (like The Witcher 3) or something I feel has a serious shot at becoming one of my all time favorites (like DOS2). Both of these took me around half a year to beat even though I barely played anything else during that time. My life stopped being compatible with this kind of game a long time ago.
If it's something that runs on my laptop like Trails in the Sky I'll get through much quicker, but alas, my laptop is crap.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I know I said that I'd finished Dark Souls 3 but.....I Lied. I never progressed to NG+ and have spent the last few days engaging in jolly cooperation to help people through all the bosses that gave me trouble (basically all the bosses).

I love it. There is no better gaming feeling than when you help someone who has obviously struggled to progress against a boss.

Once summoned It starts with the customary greeting - a Praise the Sun gesture followed by spinning round in a circle a bit and then rapidly raising and lowering your shield with maybe a few rolls thrown in for good measure. Then the battle begins. If we win its some more Praising the Sun and then a nice sit down before throwing down the sign and starting the whole process again.

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
I know I said that I'd finished Dark Souls 3 but.....I Lied. I never progressed to NG+ and have spent the last few days engaging in jolly cooperation to help people through all the bosses that gave me trouble (basically all the bosses).

I love it. There is no better gaming feeling than when you help someone who has obviously struggled to progress against a boss.

Once summoned It starts with the customary greeting - a Praise the Sun gesture followed by spinning round in a circle a bit and then rapidly raising and lowering your shield with maybe a few rolls thrown in for good measure. Then the battle begins. If we win its some more Praising the Sun and then a nice sit down before throwing down the sign and starting the whole process again.
I actually loved doing this in Bloodborne. I loved helping people with a particular boss that many struggled with that became my favorite over time.
I even got a psn message one time saying "merci" , which confused me for a second until I realized I had helped out an international gaming peer ha ha.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
I actually loved doing this in Bloodborne. I loved helping people with a particular boss that many struggled with that became my favorite over time.
I even got a psn message one time saying "merci" , which confused me for a second until I realized I had helped out an international gaming peer ha ha.
What happened to the hood?

Reactions: lashman

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
What happened to the hood?
I know!! I think I was in between my new gaming laptop and my old one when I signed up and just used this one.
This was the original pic , the hood was added on by one of my artist buddies because in real life I go nowhere without my hoodie up.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Gives you a year to play other games while they patch up and fix the game thats EGS exclusive ¯\(ツ)

You’ll probably be able to get it cheaper too, maybe.
Patched sure, but cheaper? What incentive do the devs/publishers have of launching cheaper elsewhere after full price the whole time on EGS? Might as well squeeze gamers who just want the game on X DD service while they can.

We should find similar titles and support those in the mean time.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Are the Yakuza games sponsored by the Suntory company or something? Almost every prominent drinks label in the games are Suntory products xD

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
I don't think anything is full permanent exclusives.
This dulls the blow of EGS moneyhatting. It's more annoying than anything, for me.

Especially considering I probably wouldn't have gotten to Metro until next year anyway. The real story, after that, is going to be what happens with sales (i.e. will EGS pricefix and lock out games from hitting certain lows?)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Especially considering I probably wouldn't have gotten to Metro until next year anyway. The real story, after that, is going to be what happens with sales (i.e. will EGS pricefix and lock out games from hitting certain lows?)
they might

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
This dulls the blow of EGS moneyhatting. It's more annoying than anything, for me.

How do they even go about doing that?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
How do they even go about doing that?
the same way volvo do - they essentially have a bit in their ToS about not setting prices outside of steam lower than on steam ... and if they're going to do a sale outside of steam, they also need to do one on steam in a reasonable amount of time

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
the same way volvo do - they essentially have a bit in their ToS about not setting prices outside of steam lower than on steam ... and if they're going to do a sale outside of steam, they also need to do one on steam in a reasonable amount of time
Epic would obviously also add that they don't allow sales higher than 25% off for 24 months after game's release, fucking up Steam sales even more.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Epic would obviously also add that they don't allow sales higher than 25% off for 24 months after game's release, fucking up Steam sales even more.
oh, i have no doubt they'd add WAY more rules about stuff like that to their ToS ... absolutely

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I hope for many publisher bundles with good discounts and adjusting price. Never happens tho :(

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Steam should just shadowban those epic exclusives (not giving any visibility)
they kinda/sorta did ... at the request of the publishers, though ... most of those store pages aren't visible in search any more

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I hope for many publisher bundles with good discounts and adjusting price. Never happens tho :(
Yeah same! Sometimes it works out nicely. Best thing that never happens anymore was when one could upgrade to a goty edition of a game that had alot of extra, like with civ 5

Publishers realized the dosh they could make. Stop living in the past. Live in the present where you can share your gaming delights with your SO, friends and family.
But I have none of that.:( No one has given to me and I've given family access to two people and they haven't logged into steam for years.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
ohhhh

nah, they wouldn't do that ... they couldn't do that - journalists would murder them .... remember all those "unfair" articles?
I remember them, they do them regardless of what Valve does or doesn't do.
Another thing they could do would be to ban them openly from the store, but that would fuck their customers.

Reactions: SRossi
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I remember them, they do them regardless of what Valve does or doesn't do.
Another thing they could do would be to ban them openly from the store, but that would fuck their customers.
yeah, volvo definitely don't want to do that (they'd lose a lot of money if they did)

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Valve can really do anything, anything will be instant loss for Valve. I bet some people would even complain if Valve did release their own games on Steam exclusively.

So best for Valve is to do nothing.

Reactions: InquisitorAles

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Valve could refund the money the publisher / developer paid for the steam page and then just re add back if the developer intends to actually the sell the game, There's no reason why pages like anno / Metro and the other money hatted games have a store page, its just their to provide support for the EGS version and advertise it.

Reactions: Ge0force

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Steam should just shadowban those epic exclusives (not giving any visibility)
I'm sure there will be a curator created exactly for this.

---

As a side note, Yakuza Kiwami 2 was godlike. It also happens to look godlike as well, so that's a nice bonus. Shame there's no benchmark otherwise we could have a new "but can it run Kiwami 2 at 4k60?"

EGS exclusivity spreadsheet

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Is WWZ a full Epic Store exclusive?
From their discord. notice the "at launch"

But if you are not sure about the deals, the excel exists for this reason, it's not perfect (I'm the author) and there's information unknown so please take it as a user-level job but hope this helps you ^^

EGS deals excel.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

But if you are not sure about the deals, the excel exists for this reason, it's not perfect (I'm the author) and there's information unknown so please take it as a user-level job but hope this helps you ^^

EGS deals excel.
Oh neat, that spreadsheet is cool. Thx.

Reactions: Mor

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I take back some of the positive things I said about Blood: Fresh Supply.

They've really borked the AI, the enemies have much quicker attack times and much nastier with hitscan BS.
Some pretty significant graphics downgrades: missing environment shadows, way less particle effects, significantly downgraded environment animations and sounds...

Think I'll stick to playing nBlood until they sort this stuff out. nBlood doesn't have as many features and still has some engine jank but collectively it's a bit better.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I take back some of the positive things I said about Blood: Fresh Supply.

They've really borked the AI, the enemies have much quicker attack times and much nastier with hitscan BS.
Some pretty significant graphics downgrades: missing environment shadows, way less particle effects, significantly downgraded environment animations and sounds...

Think I'll stick to playing nBlood until they sort this stuff out. nBlood doesn't have as many features and still has some engine jank but collectively it's a bit better.
damn, that sucks :(

i don't suppose there are comparison screenshots anywhere?

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018

EGS deals excel.
Shame... I did want Dangerous Driving at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.