Community Pet Paradise - Post Everything about your pets!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You don't have to tell me twice ! [UWSL]:smiling-eyes:[/UWSL]
I have to begin my active participation to the thread by a very bad pic. But the story is cool [UWSL]:smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes:[/UWSL]

I sat on the floor to talk to the little guy, and he immediately thought my groin would make for a cool bed.
I was pinned in this position for a good hour. Uncomfortable. Worth it.

TIL pajamas, cats and testicles don't mix too well.

BTW he can (and will, often) eat solid, but still haven't drank. Worried.
I will try to find some kitty milk today.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019

He is the size of my hand. And was purring even without caress. I melted.
I think it's fair to say the little guy (I think) likes me.

New bed (sorry for the dog pun, boy), and choice in food.
Just super pissed they didn't have kitty milk, so I had to go with regular cat milk. But between a milk that can make him ill or no milk at all, knowing this is a Saturday, eh, I did what I thought best.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I has kitty izues !

She (yes, probably) eats. She drinks but far less (but more since a neighbor found me kitty milk).
But she likes to nibble, a little too hard as time passes. The concept of litter flies over her head by miles.

But above all I'm worried as one of her play thing are the cables behind my PC and the power strip near it. I fear some electric accident for her :sweaty-blob:
Granted, I can move tower and power strip on the desk, but that's just buying time, and there will necessarily be cables and outlets left at ground level.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I has kitty izues !

She (yes, probably) eats. She drinks but far less (but more since a neighbor found me kitty milk).
But she likes to nibble, a little too hard as time passes. The concept of litter flies over her head by miles.

But above all I'm worried as one of her play thing are the cables behind my PC and the power strip near it. I fear some electric accident for her :sweaty-blob:
Granted, I can move tower and power strip on the desk, but that's just buying time, and there will necessarily be cables and outlets left at ground level.
dang ... well i guess you have to teach her not to do it ... somehow

maybe get her some kind of toy she can nibble on ... dunno

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
dang ... well i guess you have to teach her not to do it ... somehow

maybe get her some kind of toy she can nibble on ... dunno
Yeah, she likes to nibble me, but the old string and plug trick has seen very moderate success.
I have to do some shopping :smiling-eyes:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Added some catnip to the shopping list. It's a little convoluted as the French term for the cat drug herb is really similar, but I mean the one that helps with the fur bits.
It will have to wait a little to get high.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Added some catnip to the shopping list. It's a little convoluted as the French term for the cat drug herb is really similar, but I mean the one that helps with the fur bits.
It will have to wait a little to get high.
When I hear "herbe à chat", I can't help to think about Shrek 2 when Puss in Boots get arrested. They found catnip on him and he screams "not mine !".

That scene kills me every time.

So what's the name of that little ball of fur ?

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Li Kao Forgot to tell you, about the whole he/she thing, red cats are almost always male (80/20 chance) so it might take a while to understand the sex. A vet could tell you though.

Reactions: Ruvon

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know. I think female is probable, but she is so young, and I feel she wouldn't be cool with me putting pics of her genitals on the Internet.
As for her name, it's... complicated. She doesn't obey, for one thing, never gives a fuck, so for now this doesn't feel too necessary. My mother wanted some super vanilla cat name, I proposed some super weird names, and a ceasefire was signed on Flammèche, which in English is (Flying) Spark, but I would say Little Flame.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's time for sharing the 4 walking potatoes that fight to sit on my lap when I'm playing horror games because it's funnier to dig its claws into my knees when I least expect it :
OMG!!! :cat-heart-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Growing fast!
You don't say !
Week 1 fit in my palm
Week 2 forget the palm
Week 3 hey, I guess now we can say with reasonable certainty that you are a boy :hugging-face:

So happy to see he's doing well :cat-heart-blob:

You got yourself a friend for life :blobhug:
He is a rollercoaster of emotions. He got me from in love to raging in a day. He clearly understand things more and more and that make me so happy, but then he goes and fuck shit up like he didn't learn anything.
He caught up with the litter super quick, the scratching post flies several miles over his head (but he doesn't really scratch walls for now), claws are hit or miss but he shows signs of calming down and just using his paws on us... but he bites harder and harder, still uses my poor legs as climbing spots (claws, ouch), started to jump on our shoulders without notice to have some elevated view, etc.

Before you say it, I tried the toy when he gets bitty. It works... until a certain point where he finds that our hands look tastier :so-good-blob:

I love him. I hate him. Then he follows me everywhere, sleep in my lap on a daily basis, purrs like there is no tomorrows, and I love him even more.
I think I'm my cat's bitch. I'm living in his home now (still, please spare us the biting :loudly-crying-face: )

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
You don't say !
Week 1 fit in my palm
Week 2 forget the palm
Week 3 hey, I guess now we can say with reasonable certainty that you are a boy :hugging-face:

He is a rollercoaster of emotions. He got me from in love to raging in a day. He clearly understand things more and more and that make me so happy, but then he goes and fuck shit up like he didn't learn anything.
He caught up with the litter super quick, the scratching post flies several miles over his head (but he doesn't really scratch walls for now), claws are hit or miss but he shows signs of calming down and just using his paws on us... but he bites harder and harder, still uses my poor legs as climbing spots (claws, ouch), started to jump on our shoulders without notice to have some elevated view, etc.

Before you say it, I tried the toy when he gets bitty. It works... until a certain point where he finds that our hands look tastier :so-good-blob:

I love him. I hate him. Then he follows me everywhere, sleep in my lap on a daily basis, purrs like there is no tomorrows, and I love him even more.
I think I'm my cat's bitch. I'm living in his home now (still, please spare us the biting :loudly-crying-face: )
:cat-heart-blob:

About claws : I found my orange cat in the street when he was 2-3 months old (little older than yours), he was playing with his claws. I got tired of it, so I went to scold him every time, with a little slap if needed. 1-2 weeks later, it was over, and he never did it again. He's now 9 years old.

It was not easy because I love him, but it was necessary. Although, it worked with him. I used the same method with one of my youngest cats, but this one never learned. So it's not a miracle solution.

The one who still tries to use his claws also tries to kill me from time to time. When I lay down to sleep, he sits right on my pillow. On my face. That little bastard. :suicide-blob:

He's not doing this with my GF. I get it now : he's a jealous bastard ! :cat-heart-blob:

And yeah, congratulations : you know live in your cat's house. Don't forget to pay the rent with cat food.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
He's great! I'll admit I was sort of bummed at first that he wasn't the cuddlebug that Rona was but he's a lovable goof all the same...and it's kinda nice to have a kitty that is spry and active. The reason I get all the napping pics is cause it's the only time he's sitting still 🤣

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
He's great! I'll admit I was sort of bummed at first that he wasn't the cuddlebug that Rona was but he's a lovable goof all the same...and it's kinda nice to have a kitty that is spry and active. The reason I get all the napping pics is cause it's the only time he's sitting still 🤣
that's even better then :) no?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019

Hey, let's wake you up one hour earlier than usual. For science !

Wake you up like is tradition now, by scratching your legs.
Then I will act like I'm bored out of my mind and won't allow you to pet me.
... :loudly-crying-face:

Me : I hate you !
I love you

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
So folks might remember Rocky doing stuff like this.

Well now that I have a new chair he's been doing this.

..I'm starting to suspect his normal toys just aren't cutting it and he's wanting to steal mine. :thinking-face:

Also a bonus Mitsy pic since she's started sleeping on her back recently. Soon to be 13 years old and this is her new favorite thing to do. :cat-heart-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The gifts for my cats have been delivered.

I think he likes his new litter, a tad worried that he maybe hasn't caught on the final use :so-good-blob:

And then, oh my god, what is this monst...

Still have to buy him a cat tree, at this point we are living in his apartment. No big deal, he seems to be cool about it.