Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content
I will throw a bunch of ideas and you do you:
  • see a therapist,
  • practice some outdoor activities,
  • since you have a job, you may have the money to subscribe to a gym, or an association to do some sports like martial arts or boxing.
It is harder to motivate someone to do something which you suggest to them, rather than meet people who independently decided to do the same thing you decided to do. I feel like you will meet new people in the process of doing a new activity.

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks... I appreciate you.

I don't have enough posts to view this, which is making me laugh for some reason :face-with-tears-of-joy: but thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. It means a lot.
I'm sorry! Here it is again, I thought you were a member and I try to avoid the possibilities of lurkers seeing posts like these too easily.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
Just wanted to say that I appreciate all of you.
[Hidden content]
I hope things get better for you :cat-heart-blob: Yeah, there are plenty of incredible people both here in Meta and irl that offer support, but there's this sense of being a burden that everyone is better off without, and sometimes I can't quite shake off this feeling. I guess I'll have to overcome that.
Thanks again for your kind words :cat-heart-blob:
[Hidden content]
Thanks for your support :cat-heart-blob: Yeah, I'll do that. Hope they also manage to be healthy and happy :cat-heart-blob:

BlindRhythm

sometimes a doctor
Apr 17, 2019
Just wanted to thank all of you for your support and kind words. I appreciate you.

I hope things get better for you :cat-heart-blob: Yeah, there are plenty of incredible people both here in Meta and irl that offer support, but there's this sense of being a burden that everyone is better off without, and sometimes I can't quite shake off this feeling. I guess I'll have to overcome that.
Thanks again for your kind words :cat-heart-blob:

Thanks for your support :cat-heart-blob: Yeah, I'll do that. Hope they also manage to be healthy and happy :cat-heart-blob:
Oh no, I should have worded my post a little better! I apologize if it came across as trying to shift focus to my personal struggles with depression. Though I do really appreciate the well wishes, thank you! Things have been better for me lately. :photoblobheart:

I totally understand that feeling of being a burden. That's where my mind usually goes too and gets stuck there for a while. It's one of the more difficult thoughts to overcome but I got a good piece of advice from a good friend that helped me a lot. If folks thought you were a burden or didn't want you around they wouldn't want to spend time with you in the first place or would have left a long time ago.

Trust your friends and family. They clearly want you around, they aren't just tolerating or humoring you. Don't be afraid to rely on them when you're feeling down or not quite yourself. It's what true friends and family are for after all, to help pick those up that they care about.

Like take me for example, while you and I have only chatted a few times on Meta and usually just this thread, I don't see you as a burden at all. I see you as someone who might be struggling with certain feelings or thoughts in that moment that could use some cheering up. And while I can't speak for everyone in this thread I know that it's something I don't mind doing at all. :blobhug:

Reactions: 708

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
Oh no, I should have worded my post a little better! I apologize if it came across as trying to shift focus to my personal struggles with depression. Though I do really appreciate the well wishes, thank you! Things have been better for me lately. :photoblobheart:

I totally understand that feeling of being a burden. That's where my mind usually goes too and gets stuck there for a while. It's one of the more difficult thoughts to overcome but I got a good piece of advice from a good friend that helped me a lot. If folks thought you were a burden or didn't want you around they wouldn't want to spend time with you in the first place or would have left a long time ago.

Trust your friends and family. They clearly want you around, they aren't just tolerating or humoring you. Don't be afraid to rely on them when you're feeling down or not quite yourself. It's what true friends and family are for after all, to help pick those up that they care about.

Like take me for example, while you and I have only chatted a few times on Meta and usually just this thread, I don't see you as a burden at all. I see you as someone who might be struggling with certain feelings or thoughts in that moment that could use some cheering up. And while I can't speak for everyone in this thread I know that it's something I don't mind doing at all. :blobhug:
Your post didn't come across that at all, no apology needed :cat-heart-blob: You've helped me several times in this thread, and I just wanted to wish you success and happiness in your personal struggles :blobhug:
That's a really really good advice. I'll try to keep that in mind.
And I should get a little more active in other threads :cold-sweat::face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Hug
Reactions: BlindRhythm

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hidden content
Hidden content
Hidden content
Hidden content

BlindRhythm

sometimes a doctor
Apr 17, 2019
[Hidden content]

[Hidden content]
Thanks lash! I had no second thoughts about hitting that hug reaction, your support always means a lot and I knew it would be heartfelt. :photoblobheart:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread or react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
lashman Right there with you. Nothing has made me feels as worthless as not being able to afford normal things that it seems everyone can afford. As it was a personal failing. But we have to remember poverty isn't shameful and it doesn't tie into the worth of a person. You should judge that by how valued you are by everyone here!
I would go one further and say that society wields shame in entirely inappropriate and brutal ways. You have nothing to be ashamed about lash.