Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

What is the issue? You wanna revoke the beta key and buy the full game?
Copies bought on Steam of the game include a DLC that is currently free with purchase until the 4th of May.

But, the copy he bought didn't include it, since it's listed as a beta key.

Basically, Kao was asking if there's any way to "claim" the free DLC, and add it to his account (when, there's currently no button on Steam to do so).
It's this item:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1168380/Dragon_Marked_For_Death__Striker_Gear/

Reactions: Li Kao

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ok, sorry for the repost (last time) but as I'm not sure I was clear, is there a solution to my issue ?

Bought a Dragon Marked for Death key
When entering the key I learn that it's a beta key
Due to that being a beta key, I don't have access to the free DLC for all owners before May 4th

As I said to a friend just now, the mofos who sold me this key have only sold me two other keys in the past, if they want to play dumb, I'm game.
But if you have a suggestion, I'm all hears.
Copies bought on Steam of the game include a DLC that is currently free with purchase until the 4th of May.

But, the copy he bought didn't include it, since it's listed as a beta key.

Basically, Kao was asking if there's any way to "claim" the free DLC, and add it to his account (when, there's currently no button on Steam to do so).
It's this item:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1168380/Dragon_Marked_For_Death__Striker_Gear/

Try clicking the install button on the link Funktion posted. Not sure if that will work, but I guess it's worth a try.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Nice thread. The/steamthread forwarded like usual. Thanks to morningbus for the reup.

Mafia III Free Week. I'd recommend it, but the anti-Mafia 3 delegation has gotten into everyone's head and won the war.
Mafia III will always be a special game where you can take out your frustration on white supremacists while wearing a Black Panther Party skin.

Name another game where a mission requires you to blow up a Klan rally. I'll wait.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I can see how MGS5 might be considered one, but Yakuza? I love the series, but it's a beat-em-up with RPG elements. It's linear, there's no problem solving, there's only one approach to the gameplay, you roam the city, you kick mob in the ass, then you kick the boss in the nuts, you can't avoid encounters, something like non-lethal run is simply impossible.
Yeah I can see that, although non-lethal progression mechanics isn't the only determiner of choice, although it's well integrated into the core gameplay loop, a game needs to explicitly branch based on non-lethal choices for this to actually be meaningful. You could consider the minigames which reward you with items and money in Yakuza as gameplay which can be completely avoided and affect progression as similarly integrated and meaningful.

But yeah MGS5 is definitely as much an 'immersive sim' shudder as something like Deus Ex, perhaps even moreso (although DX is better).

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The Wonderful 101 has a store page right now, however is region locked, only United States users can access it (weird, I know)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Try clicking the install button on the link Funktion posted. Not sure if that will work, but I guess it's worth a try.
No dice, as far as I can guess, the beta and the regular game are really distinct (at least with this DLC thing)

Deleted member 113

If anyone much more familiar with SteamDB, Steam configurations, and claiming free items could help out Li Kao with his problem, before he goes out of his mind ( :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: ) , it would be awesome. ;)

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
If anyone much more familiar with SteamDB, Steam configurations, and claiming free items could help out Li Kao with his problem, before he goes out of his mind ( :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: ) , it would be awesome. ;)
Well I don't know if I said it but I only have two other keys from them. At worst, I go nuclear, chargeback with Paypal if possible and they can go...

Deleted member 113

I mentioned it briefly on last month's thread, but Gray Zone just launched on Early Access, and it's 20% off until May 7th (despite not being listed on the store; the price will increase on that date):

It's still early, but the game looks really cool (I have been following it for a bit):

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
it's a good game (if you ignore all the copy-pasted open-world bullshit)
But isn't that mandatory and part of the main quest? I wanted to get the game but always get put off by the repetitive nature of quests listed in the reviews when it released.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What great other turn based-tactics games are there? Im having a ton of fun with Gears Tactics, but considering it's only a campaign and no mod support I feel I need something more after Im done with it.

I know of XCOM 2 (will start on Long War mod), Chimera Squad and Mutant Road Zero, Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.

Waiting for Phoenix Point and Corruption 2029 to hit Steam.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Isn't that summer game fest Geoff Keighley's event? I don't feel all that comfortable about it, but it's not going to be any worse than E3 in terms of it being pro-corporate, marketing-led and filled with utterly misleading game demos. Right?
I image that it will potentially still be better than regular E3 but it will also be as bad as the Game Awards. Just talk about games dang it!!! But I guess you have to pay for it some how.

Now a word from are sponsor, because who doesn't want to see Linus in a Samsung AD? /S

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Eh, will probably pass, only interested in Heave Ho and Neoverse, but they have been on pretty cheap Steam sales.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I might hop in for Mo and Rise of Industry.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Paused Humble Choice for another month. I'm glad we have this option, but three disappointing months in a row is a bit much.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Niche must be a joke inclustion tbh, it was in 2 1$ bundles before. But since you can't take all of them anyway, I don't mind some obvious passes.

But otherwose that's another nice bundle for me.
I want MO: Astray, Neoverse, Horace and Ditto. XCOM isn't really my genre, but it's supposedly excellent, so what the hell I'll take it.
Another Warhammer game for my collection of Warhammers games.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
This Choice is probably going to be my first pause. Not super appealing to me since I already have a few of the titles that interest me.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
There are so many repeats in this Monthly im glad I can't afford it. Only really wanted MO Ashtray and Horace anyway.

The Wonderful 101 has a store page right now, however is region locked, only United States users can access it (weird, I know)
Works fine in Canada and Brazil.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
About my Dragon Marked beta key :
Out of curiosity, if I block the payment with Paypal, what's the worst that can happen ? They revoke the three keys I bought from them total ? Can they force me to pay for the beta key ?

Status
Not open for further replies.